News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on September 05, 2022, 01:25:16 PM:hi: Hope everyone enjoys the holiday. Personally, I don't want to do anything..lol

What holiday? Its just another work day around here.

Lynx

I been thinking lately about that woman who touched the hem of Jesus' clothes.

Every time I hear a sermon about that, much is made of her desperation and how she pushed through the crowd to get to Jesus.

One thing I've never heard mentioned is, all the people she pushed past. Reckon how many of them thought that was a bit rude?

I was on the freeway one day, doing about the speed limit, and a very large RV suddenly jammed its way into my lane doing quite a bit less speed. I honestly thought I was gonna hit that dude, but somehow I dropped enough velocity in time. Well that was rude! Then the RV pulled on over to the shoulder and coasted to a stop. Well that explained it - when your motor dies it really limits your options. Good thing he got it over to the shoulder.

Reckon how many people we think are rude, when they are really just desperate?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Bah. Back at work. Fixing to head to court. Lord, I ont wanna be here today...
Ran ragged this weekend. Felt like everything I touched malfunctioned, including breaking a weld on my tractor bucket...:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work.

Been a long 'week' while Jeremy's been gone. I've enjoyed Mom's visit, but it's just been stressful not knowing what he's thinking. He hasn't communicated much, which I wasn't too surprised about, so hopefully we are still on the same page! :)

ONE last night w/ Mom before she goes home tomorrow. I've enjoyed her getting a break from cooking LOL. She gets so tired of coming up with meals for dad - he's on a self-inflicted sugarless diet, which means LOTS of items are cut out b/c they turn straight into sugar. I know he's doing what he feels is best for his health, just makes it really hard to feed dinners, haha. I've tried to give her ideas to cook, but they are a little not good at pre-planning (same here sometimes lol). If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on September 06, 2022, 02:12:07 PMIf you fail to plan, you plan to fail!
Lord, I plan to fail as a default mode then, LOL.
I am the world's worst at fly by night in regards to meals, and much of life......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry...
;)

Roscoe

Morning. Back at work. Church tonight. A day closer to the weekend...

MsJennJenn

Weekends that go entirely too fast.

Work is insane at the moment. Coming back after a 3-day weekend was awful.

We eat a lot of the same meals cus I hate meal planning. Some days I literally cannot make another decision and figuring out dinner is awful.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Grandma's game show channel is carrying advertisements for a history channel show, Mountain Men. Allegedly it is a reality show about people who live a rugged life on a mountain, with scenes of mountain lions and bears and taglines like "Live free or die" and "We're not willing to give up our freedom for convenience."

Every time that commercial plays, I wonder how much they're getting paid for this, and what accommodations the camera crew enjoy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Took my mama home from the hospital today. Getting old ain't easy.

Roscoe

Work has been insane here for a bit. Not seeing an end game either. :sadbounce:
I cannot describe how much the 10 hour shifts have improved my mental health. I actually have a bit of time now.
Fuzz, getting old ain't easy, but it beats the alternative, at least in this life.

Roscoe

Y'all is silent again. Done my cruising of the state. Back at the office counting down the last two hours.....

Lynx

Biggest thing I got going here is trying to get someone else to stay with Grandma so I can get up to the church and set up the new drum microphones.

I'm still at home though, so...
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We've been running around today. I'm tired.

Nelle

@Work again.

I've already had two pieces of toast w/ peach preserves. Now I've had a snack of those Cheetos Paws. I wore a sweatshirt today, but I'm already too warm. It's only supposed to get to the mid 70s, but it's warm in the office for once.

Roscoe

Well. Thankful, still, for my three day weekend. I took my broken tractor part to the local welding shop to be welded up. They say it'll be done tomorrow. Came back and got some work done on Sam. Beautiful day in the upper 70s, low 80s. this week is supposed to be beautiful. I'm wishing I could take some time off this week, but my coworker who works late with me is in a class, so it'd be difficult to do so.

mini

I helped my son take the top off on his Jeep this weekend.  He was hot stuff Sunday evening, riding around in the nice weather...Monday morning, it was 49 here.  He realized it was COLD!  LOL  This morning, he was trying to talk us into letting him drive my truck.  A few days of cold weather will toughen him right on up...and the nice afternoons are worth the cool mornings.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Yeeeeeeesssss. Just crank up the heat! LOL.. That's actually my favorite is to have the windows open (when it's cooler, and not freezing cold lol) and then have the heat on the feet. It's perfection.

@Work. Kept falling asleep in the recliner last night, so I went on to bed. Could've still slept another hour or so this morning, but work calls! Looks like I really will need to start taking my iron. Seems like the low iron is worse than before. Hopefully I can take it this timeframe and then it'll be up to normal levels.

Roscoe

:hi: Got a grand total of two and a half hours of sleep last night. Just flat couldn't sleep.
Back at work. Went and picked up my repaired tractor part. Ready for the day- nay, the week- to be over.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was so nice this morning. Up to 84 now.

Backseat Radio

My Team Lead and I worked 7 AM to around 8:30 PM today getting pre counts done for tomorrow's inventory. Came home stiff and achy from all that work.

Roscoe

Ugh. Back at wok. Went to bed at 830, sacked out and didn't get up until 6 this morning. I needed that.

The Purple Fuzzy

Hubby has a wisdom tooth that's bothering him. He's gone to get it pulled.

Lynx

Never have got a clear answer on why they are called wisdom teeth. My two favorite theories are, either they come in when you are old enough to be assumed to have at least a little wisdom, or you gain wisdom through the suffering they cause.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Mine have been gone for years. Don't know if I'm wiser for having had 'em, or dumber for no longer having them....LOL
Made it through the majority of the day- just another hour and twenty minutes to go. Then off to church.