News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Oh Lawd. My local rib-go-to reopened for curbside delivery. I may survive today thanks to this....Ribs...potato salad...baked beans......:fork: :fork:
Best $10 I've spent in a while...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I ate soup for lunch, but it was cheddar broccoli and one of my favorites! (Panera.. but the containers you can buy at Walmart/Target)

We are eating Japanese food for supper! We wanted to get this last night (it's our fave restaurant), but forgot they were closed on Tuesdays. So tonight - it's on!

Roscoe

It is morning again. Urgh.  I am totally ready for my vacation week after next , even if I don't have a car show to look forward to.
Chance of rain today. Lou wants to go look at a local house for sale. It's absolutely beautiful, looks like a mansion, literally- it's a built-in-1899 Colonial Greek Revival style. They have it listed very reasonable, and I actually like it a lot, but it's still more than our current residence that we will have to sell. She is bent on moving. Lord.
And an added issue- this house honestly is the type house that you look at and think "Lord, they have MONEY". For instance, I sent Mini the link and his response was "WOW".
 Don't get me wrong, I love nice things, but not really into "look at me" stuff ( Unless it's an antique vehicle, look all ya want :lol: ).
 Silly, I know, but I worry about what some folks would think if they saw that house in relation to ministry. You know, many folks in my church live in substandard houses, and struggle and I know it. Some might think- "Look at the money grubbing preacher. He lives in a mansion while his folks struggle".
I know better, and work every day- but I don't want it to be a stumbling block. Especially since the grand old home costs less than a modern tract home.

For those that are curious...
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/207-W-Church-St_Morrilton_AR_72110_M78543-95139
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

It is SO beautiful! It looks like over-the-top mansion-style outside, but it's quite a welcoming home-feel look inside that isn't the "don't touch anything" style that I would associate with anyone thinking "They are SO hoity-toity!" LOL.. I dunno if I even spelled that right.

If you're super concerned - You can always nip any of that in the bud by always having an invitation to your people. make them welcome at your home for dinners, get-togethers, whatever. If they feel welcomed and already love you anyway, it won't be an issue.

To many, our home is 'big' and I always have to remind people that with it being big, it's also very old, and has strong old house issues. Issues that we are going to have to begin correcting soon if we don't move.

MsJennJenn

I'm home from Indiana and being Aunt Jenn. Ugh I miss them dreadfully. My brother tried hard to talk me into moving there. lol

Officially stepped away from my church home also. They've been slowly integrating churches back into society per all of the covid stuff and riots etc. So on the hunt for a new church home. It's been an emotional ride but I know it's what I need to do for the future of my spiritual health and wellness.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on June 04, 2020, 07:01:26 PMIt is SO beautiful! It looks like over-the-top mansion-style outside, but it's quite a welcoming home-feel look inside that isn't the "don't touch anything" style that I would associate with anyone thinking "They are SO hoity-toity!" LOL.. I dunno if I even spelled that right.

If you're super concerned - You can always nip any of that in the bud by always having an invitation to your people. make them welcome at your home for dinners, get-togethers, whatever. If they feel welcomed and already love you anyway, it won't be an issue.

To many, our home is 'big' and I always have to remind people that with it being big, it's also very old, and has strong old house issues. Issues that we are going to have to begin correcting soon if we don't move.

It definitely has old house quirks. I just spoke with a friend who was a realtor- she tells me it is solid, has knowledge of it. She thinks it can be had cheaper too, so that's good.
Our people know that they are ALWAYS welcome anywhere we live. If we bought the mansion, it would be the site of an annual Christmas dinner for sure, for the church, since we run only 40-60 people. They seem to love us- I haven't been stoned yet. :lol:
Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 04, 2020, 07:35:36 PMI'm home from Indiana and being Aunt Jenn. Ugh I miss them dreadfully. My brother tried hard to talk me into moving there. lol

Officially stepped away from my church home also. They've been slowly integrating churches back into society per all of the covid stuff and riots etc. So on the hunt for a new church home. It's been an emotional ride but I know it's what I need to do for the future of my spiritual health and wellness.
Praying for you Jenn. Changing churches is super difficult I am sure. Full disclosure, I've never done it, but I've had many friends wracked with that decision and know how it can be.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on June 04, 2020, 09:26:29 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 04, 2020, 07:35:36 PMI'm home from Indiana and being Aunt Jenn. Ugh I miss them dreadfully. My brother tried hard to talk me into moving there. lol

Praying for you Jenn. Changing churches is super difficult I am sure. Full disclosure, I've never done it, but I've had many friends wracked with that decision and know how it can be.

Thanks appreciate that. There is such a stigma around changing churches. It's def. not easy.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 04, 2020, 09:51:34 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 04, 2020, 09:26:29 PM

Thanks appreciate that. There is such a stigma around changing churches. It's def. not easy.
It's complicated. I think the stigma comes from so many people- not saying you, of course- come to a church, and the minute something is preached that doesn't go in line with them, they are in the wind. They never put down roots and are unstable as they can be.
We had a family leave a few years ago.....no explanation, they just left. They've now been a "member" of every apostolic church within 50 miles, including a stint that they came back to ours for a month, then left saying we "didn't worship enough or have enough going on".
That hurt. But what hurts more is seeing the children hither and yon, and them not being stable. I'm like, "For Pete's sake, get somewhere and root. I don't care if it's with us or not, I just don't want ya lost."
Obviously there are times that for some folks it is TIME to change, and there are multitudes of reasons for that. Long as you are following Him to find your new church home, that's what matters.

And Morning all. I am, as usual dragging. It is obvious to me that God never intended for me to be awake prior to 10am. Now to convince my boss of that. :pound:

Nelle

@work. I was late this morning since I was not feeling well last night or when I first got up. Feel better now and hopefully will stay that way.

So ready for tomorrow.. I get to sleep until I wake up. Unfortunately, that's still around normal getting up time, but it's nice to not wake up to the alarm.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Roscoe

:hi:.
Shew lord. Did anyone get the license number of that truck??? 'cause I think it got me. I am dragging,. It's 1130 and I still am not rolling. Supposed to get hit by the tropical storm/hurricane remnants today and have large amounts of rain dumped. I truly do not want that. But at least it is supposed to move through quickly.
As long as next week is dry and pretty.....
Plugging through the week. Would ask for unspecified  prayers about a situation that God knows.
Life is, over all good. Although I will say with the first half of 2020 being what it has, I really would like to return it for a refund. I'm not so sure July won't be dragons and hellfire....

Roscoe

:hi: Where's everyone at?
Back at work,day two of the hostage situation. Today and three more and I have a week off. Car show or no, I NEED that time off. LOL

Nelle

@work. I really wish these tropical states and countries would keep their storms and depressions to themselves, haha. Got wet going to the car and then going into work. Thankfully I have my heater, or I would have hypothermia for sure with the a/c on. LOL..

Taking the Subaru in for another recall today. We bought the first year of this line.. and we are helping with their troubleshooting apparently haha. I knew it was possible, so I'm not complaining. The only issue that's been SUPER frustrating was the back hatch getting stuck a week or so ago. It had a HORRIBLE beep that never ended until Jeremy had to detach the battery hahaha. I'm going to mention that to them today when I go in for this official recall.

We really DO still love this suv tho.

Also - We are tentatively planning on going back to Yellowstone next summer. I'm STILL excited.. but Jeremy wanted to go somewhere new, haha. We wanted to go to Glacier National Park, but camping/cooking at campsite would be like a buffet bell call for the bears. I'm not quite ready for that yet. I've got to get fast enough to outrun my family/friends. LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

Grand babies just left. Kinda feels like a tornado came through. ;)

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on June 09, 2020, 01:29:18 PMAlso - We are tentatively planning on going back to Yellowstone next summer. I'm STILL excited.. but Jeremy wanted to go somewhere new, haha. We wanted to go to Glacier National Park, but camping/cooking at campsite would be like a buffet bell call for the bears. I'm not quite ready for that yet. I've got to get fast enough to outrun my family/friends. LOL.
Can't remember if I've told this story on this forum before. Probably have. Here goes anyway.

A family went to Yellowstone for a camping vacation. The park ranger warned them to watch out for black bears and grizzly bears. The father asked "How do you tell the difference between a black bear and a grizzly?"

"Well if you see a bear and you run away and climb a tree, if it climbs up after you it's a black bear. If it just stands at the bottom of the tree and shakes it until you fall out, it's a grizzly."

They stayed at a hotel.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on June 10, 2020, 12:20:38 AM
Quote from: Nelle on June 09, 2020, 01:29:18 PMAlso - We are tentatively planning on going back to Yellowstone next summer. I'm STILL excited.. but Jeremy wanted to go somewhere new, haha. We wanted to go to Glacier National Park, but camping/cooking at campsite would be like a buffet bell call for the bears. I'm not quite ready for that yet. I've got to get fast enough to outrun my family/friends. LOL.
Can't remember if I've told this story on this forum before. Probably have. Here goes anyway.

A family went to Yellowstone for a camping vacation. The park ranger warned them to watch out for black bears and grizzly bears. The father asked "How do you tell the difference between a black bear and a grizzly?"

"Well if you see a bear and you run away and climb a tree, if it climbs up after you it's a black bear. If it just stands at the bottom of the tree and shakes it until you fall out, it's a grizzly."

They stayed at a hotel.

LOL. We didn't camp inside Yellowstone (nor would I want to, honestly.. my ticker wouldn't let me sleep), but we only saw like two sightings of bears (baby & mom walking and then a bear sleeping in a tree) the whole time we were there visiting. I would LOVE to stay in the hotel down in that big valley there, but I'm sure it's extremely expensive, haha. What a view tho!

I think I told you guys about the bobcat/mountain lion (can't remember what they said it was) coming from the lake (where our campsite was by) when we were on our way back to our campsite in Blowout Canyon in Idaho. We also were visited by a small ground squirrel and it rained that night. It took me forever to fall asleep that night, because I wasn't sure if it was rain (the campsite had trees, so rain fell weird), ground squirrel, or the big cat back, LOL.

@Work.

Roscoe

At some point, I'd love to travel out west. I actually want to do it in a motorhome, which is very high on my bucketlist of items to acquire in the next few years.
And in sharing, it's a definite no go on the mansion. I was willing to look, especially after neighbors told me that the owners REALLY wanted out and might go as low as $130k. So I went to call and set up a viewing. You guessed it- Offer was submitted, accepted , and pending. Apparently if you want to sell a house, have the Moses family show interest. It'll go double quick. :lol:
Oh well. I like where we are and truthfully it makes the most sense financially for us to stay. And, despite the tons of rain Sunday night and Monday, our septic system worked flawlessly. Maybe I've got it fixed...

Nelle

We talked about that a lot last fall after that trip. We'd LOVE to do a motorhome tour of the country as well. We did see a TON of rental motorhomes while we were out there. So that's always something you could do if you wanted.. not sure how much those are to rent tho.

@work.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on June 11, 2020, 02:02:56 PMWe talked about that a lot last fall after that trip. We'd LOVE to do a motorhome tour of the country as well. We did see a TON of rental motorhomes while we were out there. So that's always something you could do if you wanted.. not sure how much those are to rent tho.

@work.
They are pricey, and the closest rental place is Memphis.. There IS a website where you can rent from private owners, but most are $200/day plus fuel, ect. and most don't allow pets. We would take our furbabies with us.
A late 90's, early 2000s motorhome can be had for $10k or so, with low miles....so that's probably the way I will go. Unfortunately, that is a stretch until we get the consolidation loan paid off. Being an adult is SUCH a drag sometimes. :lol:
Bored today. I don't have anyone scheduled....

Nelle