News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I'm on a weekend vacation. Didn't do much today other than eat, sleep, and watch YouTube. Needed the extra rest.

Roscoe

Up and at 'em. Shew. Lawd, I need a vacation on a beach with plenty of money.
 Fixing to go to church for the funeral. Then service. They are saying Wednesday through Friday of this week is going to be wintery. As in, depending on the track of the storm, possibly a foot of snow. Of course, that means we could get nothing. We could get flurries. Or we could get 2 feet. Meteorology- the field where you get paid very well to basically tell folks, "I don't know, wait and see". :laughhard:
 I DO know this- I want my summer. If the Lord ever lets me retire and it is anywhere near possible, my butt will be on a coast somewhere. Hurricane, Smuricane, just don't freeze me!!!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I thought we were gonna get snow. But I guess not.

We live in a hole. It tends to snow everywhere sufficiently in TN, but not Chatt.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

the local tv station is suggesting 6+ inches of snow for my area later in the week. Hopefully the worst of it hits Thursday when I'm off work.

My parents church has IBC coming next Sunday. Apparently, their pastor specifically sent me an invite through my parents to come to the service.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 30, 2022, 06:30:36 PMUp and at 'em. Shew. Lawd, I need a vacation on a beach with plenty of money.
 Fixing to go to church for the funeral. Then service. They are saying Wednesday through Friday of this week is going to be wintery. As in, depending on the track of the storm, possibly a foot of snow. Of course, that means we could get nothing. We could get flurries. Or we could get 2 feet. Meteorology- the field where you get paid very well to basically tell folks, "I don't know, wait and see". :laughhard:
 I DO know this- I want my summer. If the Lord ever lets me retire and it is anywhere near possible, my butt will be on a coast somewhere. Hurricane, Smuricane, just don't freeze me!!!
I got up early this morning
Turned on the radio
The weatherman gave a forecast
That he didn't really know
He said we might have a little sunshine
We might have a little rain
We might have partly cloudy skies
And it might just snow again

- Mark Lowry
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

I'm @Work. Got my booster Friday afternoon. Had a headache all day Saturday. Woke up nauseous and "ill" Sunday. Didn't go to church which stinks b/c we only have the one marathon service in the mornings. I am thankful I was able to watch online though, and God ~can~ show up there as well for you.

We're getting similar weather threats, and I don't like the ice being mentioned BUT I would be okay with snow. I just hate to miss work. haha..

We have our pastor's daughter's wedding this weekend, so I need everything to settle down by then.

I filed our federal taxes last evening, and I'm trying to spend my lunch hour submitting our state taxes on their site (for free!!), but I never can remember my username and password for their site, haha.

Roscoe

Is it wrong that I kinda want the mess? Like, not enough to make the power to go out, but enough to keep me from having to work Thursday or Friday? Because I really am feeling that way....
And man.  At the risk of being  whiner- this bout with covid was minor- but for the last three days I have zero energy. I don't know if it is due to that or what, but I'm genuinely having to MAKE myself do anything at all. :pound:

Chseeads

Backseat Radio

I'm not too thrilled about the winter storm coming in on Wednesday.  Looking like I may get trapped at work since the heaviest snow starts after I get to work and we're expecting upwards to 20 inches.

mini

If you guys need a funny for today...

My kids are loading up to go to a pig show today, and at the school livestock barn.  Some boys are needing a place to put some extra supplies, so they ask if they can put them in my daughter's vehicle.  She says of course and hands them her keys.

A few minutes later, the boys come back in, red-faced and teary-eyed.  She asks them, "What's wrong with you guys?!!?"

Well, after putting their stuff in her vehicle, they look at the keys and realize that she has pepper spray.  So they go over to the side of the barn and spray it...into the wind.

BAM!  They each get a face full of pepper spray and suddenly decided to walk the straight and narrow.

I am still laughing about it.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I'm off today, tomorrow and Thursday.

No plans for today really. Except go donate plasma and make dinner. Idk what I'm going to make yet. Justin is super picky and I'm trying to do low carb/sugar free so it's difficult to find stuff he likes that I can eat too without making the same meal every time.

I don't know what my plans will be for the next two days except church Wednesday night and plasma again on Thursday.

I slept later than I normally do on my off days, I made some breakfast and cleaned the kitchen. Got the dishwasher going and need to get dressed for the day.

Being lazy. :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on February 01, 2022, 03:09:37 PMI'm off today, tomorrow and Thursday.

No plans for today really. Except go donate plasma and make dinner. Idk what I'm going to make yet. Justin is super picky and I'm trying to do low carb/sugar free so it's difficult to find stuff he likes that I can eat too without making the same meal every time.

I don't know what my plans will be for the next two days except church Wednesday night and plasma again on Thursday.

I slept later than I normally do on my off days, I made some breakfast and cleaned the kitchen. Got the dishwasher going and need to get dressed for the day.

Being lazy. :smirk2:

Ok...I may be the only one who doesn't know...but whos Justin?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Haha! Justin has been one of my closest friends for 25+ years. We grew up together in Florida and he was on GP for a brief time when I had a group we called the Dingbats...we were all friends locally IRL and I introduced them to GP. About 2007 or so. He was also at the DOME meetup.

We parted ways when he went to IBC and then I moved to Mississippi. We didn't live close together for 13 years, but stayed in close contact and visited when we could. Back in November 2020, when my life in Mississippi was falling apart and I was making some bad choices, I was jobless and ended up homeless for about two weeks and had really messed up...he told me to move to Chattanooga where he would give me a job, let me move in with him, and introduce me to his church.

He basically saved my life. In so so so many ways. He's like my brother, and always has been. We share a house and a life and it's been the best thing being reunited with him. But just to clarify, we are NOT romantically involved. That's just EWWW! Our relationship has always been as siblings and friends. But he is my rock and I love him dearly. 😉

Oh...he is also the clinic administrator at the urgent care where I work, so he's my boss too. Lol

It's weird and crazy but it works and I love it!

mini

That makes much more sense now!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Roscoe

:hi:
Mini, I wanted to know too, but I didn't wanna pry. I was considering texting and asking who in the heck he was...lol
Fuzz, pay my bills too. I have a stack I'll send ya. :P
Had court this morning via Zoom.
Now needing the next 3 hours or so to "zoom" by.
Hungry and no idea what I want.
 I've had 4 crispitoes and 6 chocolate chip cooks- and a snack cake- and that's it for the last two days. Just no appetite.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, even *I* knew who Justin is.

And, no, Roscoe, I'm not paying your bills. God provides just enough for ours.

MelodyB

My apologies. I have known Justin for so long and he's always been a huge part of my life that I just took for granted that everyone knew who he was. I used to talk about him quite a bit in the past years when I was posting. Ruby, Chel, Seth, Tia, Brannon and all the Domers got to meet him in person.

But now you know.

I'm making salsa chicken. It's a go-to for us cause we love it so much. I didn't really want to make it yet again...we have it quite often, but I know it's something we both will eat, and it's great leftover. Plus I can make it in 30 minutes in the instapot.

Nelle

I didn't officially know who he was, but I assumed about half of the info, LOL. Minus the details.

@Work still. Trying to prepare myself work-wise for possibly being off all day Thursday JUST in case.

Mini - Those boys learned a lesson I hope, haha. Probably more than one.

Roscoe - Please tell me someone used a filter on court zoom?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on January 27, 2022, 07:49:30 AMYour parents live in Indiana?

My entire family does just about now. Parents, bro and his family (niece and nephew), grandparents. They all live in Terre Haute. I'm there once or twice a year. lol

Quote from: Nelle on January 27, 2022, 02:51:51 PMDid we know MJJ had a boyfriend?! I would LOVE to see a photo of you two. I love seeing couples. :)  Also - I can only imagine my anxiety and awkwardness if I was going to be in your situation with the funeral at the church. I'm too awkward for people seeing LOL.

I actually didn't end up going to the funeral. I just couldn't do it. My anxiety was too high.
And here's a pic. Not sure if it' attached right. Been a hot min since I tried to put a pic on here. lol
Bf.jpg
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Awww.. You look happy! You also chose wisely with a bearded fellow, haha.

I'm heading home, you guys are all on your own, haha. I worked another hour beyond this last night and after dinner, I crashed in the recliner an hour before bedtime and also slept all night. I really hope I'm finally getting my sleep schedule (and love of sleep) back.

Lynx

Howdy y'all.

I'm keeping busy ripping CDs to computer. I went to McKay's in Chattanooga last week.

There are some interesting thoughts in some of these songs.

"Love and pride can't occupy
The same space, baby
And only one of them makes you free"
- Sara Groves

"You can worry bout love
You can worry bout hate
You can worry bout the judgment day
But you can't praise God
When you worry that way"
- Lewis Family

I might possibly have occasionally made a sermon from a thought I heard in a song.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: