News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 19, 2014, 09:36:51 PM
Burrito and Sunlight have tons of projects of their own going.  I told them they should throw a work day like an old time barn raising.  Folks would come just for the food. ;)
I don't have enough friends for that, even if I paid for a 7 course chef cooked meal. MY friends hear "work" and become incapacitated. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on December 19, 2014, 09:25:46 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on December 19, 2014, 08:48:22 PM
Quote from: mini on December 19, 2014, 12:57:05 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 17, 2014, 11:57:45 PM
Well, the interview was today at 2 pm. Apparently God said no.I felt good about my performance on the interview, yet I received a telephone call on the way home from the Head Ranger advising me that they had hired someone else. he was nearly crying when he told me, saying he really hated this call. I told him that it was apparently God's will that I not get the job, thanked him for his time and asked him what I could do to make myself a more attractive candidate. He told me that I had done an awesome interview and if he HAD to nitpick, and it was just nitpicking, my education was weakest. Sigh. Once again my decision to forgo college bites me. :sadbounce:
But, after talking with mini on the phone, I realize that as much as I love that place, I could have been in danger of putting it before God. I don't think I would, but I DO love that place that much. So-God's will be done. Thankfully, I still have a good job that pays well.

Ive been thinkin' 'bout this.

In my ponderin', I may have found why you didn't get the job.

You see, thar be bear in those woods.

And as a park ranger, lets say you get a call that a momma bear, or whole heard of bears are raiding a campsite.

And you go, and step out of your truck and you try to scare them off with a shot, to no avail. 

Suddenly, you hear the door slam on your truck, locking you out!

Bears start charging at you!

You fire once!  Twice!  You empty your gun!  You empty your clips!

You take off running as fast as you can, but the bears continue charging!

And just we, the casual reader of this story, think its the end for Roscoe, that's when I realized it was probably the mercy of God you didnt get the job.

Cause no one wants to see you run with a bear behind.
Preach!

Plus I hear he almost shoots stuffed animals in the dark. They scare him.
:pound: :pound: Only if it's a life size grizzly bear mounted in an attack position by a professional taxidermist. You'd have shot it...lol
And in sharing- for the past 5 hours or so I have been working, laying tile. I still have around 15 or 20 pieces to go, with 12 of those having to be cut. My back is killing me. I had to take a break. My prayer-" Lord, the next time I decide to tackle a home improvement project send Burrito to do it and a pile of money for me to pay him."  Do it for myself is for the birds. :pound:
I heard it was a Beanie Baby tacked to the wall. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on December 19, 2014, 09:47:26 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 19, 2014, 09:36:51 PM
Burrito and Sunlight have tons of projects of their own going.  I told them they should throw a work day like an old time barn raising.  Folks would come just for the food. ;)
I don't have enough friends for that, even if I paid for a 7 course chef cooked meal. MY friends hear "work" and become incapacitated. :P
Buy me a bus ticket I got time just no hammering.

Chseeads

Quote from: mini on December 19, 2014, 12:44:59 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on December 18, 2014, 10:40:08 PM
Dad's test was bad news.  He does have cancer.  So pray for him and mom, she's terribly stressed about it.  She has already been worried that he was bad off, but actually hearing a diagnosis of that hit her hard. 

We know that feeling.  Praying sir.

Yes you do, bless your hearts and praise the Lord.  Thanks.

Lynx

taco I answered your question about the Walter Hawkins album.  Why did you ask?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

I didn't see your answer sorry crazy week dealing with my aunts death. I would love a copy but couldn't seem to find it in the music I got from you.

taco_harvell

Also new thrift store here sells all their records for a dime.

Roscoe

Hmmm....it's nearly Christmas and Ebenezer hasn't made an appearance. GP has really slacked off...:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Alright you buncha slackers....where is everyone? I'm up, got dough rising for cinnamon rolls and bread for the church's Christmas party tonight. Would like to finish the tile job, but instructions said that the tile should set for up to 48 hours before grouting and I do not want to mess it up.

MsJennJenn

Young Adult Christmas Party last night. Full of hilarium and chaos and fun. I won a table top easel for my white elephant gift. Awesome!
Then talked on the phone until 3. I didn't get up till 11. Then I made biscuits & gravy, bacon and a fried egg. I ate too much omg.

Now I'm trying to motivate myself to clean the kitchen but I've yet to get up.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Taco:  Look in the "Love Center" folder.  That was the group, the Love Center Choir.

Bobby:  I've been up for some time, got bread made and risen, kneaded, risen again and baking right now.  24 loaves of sourdough is really heavy when it's all in one big lump of dough...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 20, 2014, 09:01:44 PM
Taco:  Look in the "Love Center" folder.  That was the group, the Love Center Choir.

Bobby:  I've been up for some time, got bread made and risen, kneaded, risen again and baking right now.  24 loaves of sourdough is really heavy when it's all in one big lump of dough...
:o 24 loaves at once?!?! My Lord. That's bakery scale... 4 loaves and a round of cinnamon rolls are about my limit...

Quote from: sunlight on December 20, 2014, 09:13:46 PM
Roscoe... I wanna see your tile project.
And Chel, I will post a pic and perhaps even send one sometime next week- after I get the grouting done and the trim back up.

The Purple Fuzzy

Went to my mom's house today. We got to see Chel & Robbie, too.

taco_harvell

We had prison ministry tonight. Awesome move of GOD! 4 seeking the Holy Ghost. One Baptist man kept thaking us for coming and said "I ain't never been in a service like this before.".

Heather

Staying at my parent house. Was only going to stay the weekend but may stay the week. Just need to go pick up my work uniform today when I go to the gym. My bed is amazing here and my cat.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on December 20, 2014, 05:19:36 AM
Hmmm....it's nearly Christmas and Ebenezer hasn't made an appearance. GP has really slacked off...:sadbounce:

I think the Ghost of Godplace Past scared him off

Chseeads

Went to church and came home. 

My guts are presently not quite like they're supposed to be.

Poor dad is in a lot of pain most of the time.  Pray for him.  And all the rest of us.  :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Bobby:  Well it's Christmas time. Many years ago I fell into the Christmas habit of giving a loaf of bread to certain families at church who had expressed that they liked my bread.  The list has grown somewhat over the years... 

I only have 22 loaf pans though.  I ran out of pans before I ran out of dough.  So I put the rest of the dough in a square cake pan.  It made a rather large, square loaf.  The pastor, his wife and son all rather like my bread so I gave it to them. 

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

So does anyone here know anything about music making? I've been using Reaper as my DAW (digital audio workstation) for some time, but I'm thinking about shifting to a program with a radically different workflow. Either Bitwig or Ableton Live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaaHQBMZGE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKqkHoOaeLc

I'm kinda leaning toward Ableton, as it is the more polished one, but Bitwig has a lot more layout flexibility. I already downloaded demos of both. January, when everyone is doing a lot of nothing anyway, will be a great time to do some test driving.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Makes sense....I can't imagine making that much at once though. :lol:

And in sharing, I came home after church determined to finish the dadblasted tile job. I jumped in and got it finished, working nonstop from 8 when I got in until just a few ago. Now, all I have left to do is a final mop, reattach the trim/baseboards, and move back in. As satisfying as it is to know that I did it myself, I suspect the devil shall be complaining about hell's air conditioning being too cold before I attempt that again. I won't say I'll never do it- but it's unlikely.  :laughhard:

The Purple Fuzzy

Some jobs are no fun at all.  Tile sounds like one of them.

Lynx

Which reminds me... We need to put down some tile in the kitchen.  Bobby could you come give us a hand with this (aka do it for us)?  :teeth:

*Isaac runs away chuckling maniacally. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 22, 2014, 02:20:09 PM
Which reminds me... We need to put down some tile in the kitchen.  Bobby could you come give us a hand with this (aka do it for us)?  :teeth:

*Isaac runs away chuckling maniacally.
:pound: :pound: It wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't wore out my back and knees...the actual laying of tile was easy enough. And since Lou and I are having our own Christmas dinner, we are gonna renew our family tradition of a good sirloin. I went and bought three this morning...
(Lou's family are having their own celebration next Saturday)