News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Anyone remember this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89j9zHFCxNI

Now... anyone think it would be appropriate to sing at church?  Cause I like the song, I'm pretty sure I can make a passable soundtrack, I found the chords online, but I want some opinions on whether it would fly in a church setting.  Most of you have been to multiple churches, so I thought I'd ask your opinions.  Especially sunlight's as she has been to my church.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

I baptized dad just while ago. 

Keep praying for him and us.

Chseeads

Now if you go to godplace.com, instead of getting the godaddy parked domain site, you get hugedomains site stating:

Godplace.com is for sale (Godplace)

Click here to buy Godplace.com for $1,695

So who wants to chip in and buy GP?  lol

MelodyB

You like seriously baptized him? Like for real, for his salvation? or you just were walking by and tripped and drenched him with a glass of water by accident?

If it was for real...hadn't he already been baptized? I thought he was/they are church people?

Never occurred to me that your parents may not be "saved".
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Oh, and for my update on the parsnips...they were ok. Roasted with the other veggies it was decent. But not my veggie of choice, especially alone. Mixed with others it was ok, but I don't think of I had to buy them for full price that I would do it again. In fact, I don't think I'll buy them even for my discounted banana box $1.50 price. I'll load up on other things next time, even if the parsnips are available.

Heather...hope the pain subsides...I know the feeling...go to the hospital with severe pain and they claim you are fine and send you home. If I'm fine then why is there pain!? Morons.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Ashlee

Hello again. Yes I'm actually present 2 days in a row lol. Heading to the wonderful VA hospital later today. Ugh. How I despise that place lol. But oh well. Life goes on. Hope everyone has a great day!

Chseeads

Poopsie, yes the real in water kind of baptizing.  Dad never has been in church, just around it. 

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Ike... I think your church knows you... And knows not to expect normal from you anyways, so why are you worried about it? Lol. 

On the other hand- that has been one of my favorite songs since it came out. If you were to do it in church- you may want to either explain the lyrics first, or have them written out? But why not? Sing it.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Good point. They know better than to expect normal from a guy who wears toe shoes.

Explaining will be no problem. I always have been one for talking a little bit before I sing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on December 30, 2014, 02:32:12 PM
Poopsie, yes the real in water kind of baptizing.  Dad never has been in church, just around it.
:clap: Praying for the next step.....
And in sharing- made it through the day. Just ate lou's delicious Taco soup, and am browsing the web/studying for tomorrow night while listening to Bro Harold Hoffman teach...he is an awesome speaker, I'd love to hear him in person.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I felt so much better by this morning.

Seth-I'm glad the mail carrier found your tiki hut!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Chseeads

sunlight

* sunlight hugs taco and cheese... :grin:  taco cheese...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well....looks like we've nearly got another year in the books. hopefully this next year will be all of my gp friends' best ever!

And in other sharing- please keep Bro Joel Holmes and family in your prayers. (He pastors the huge Pentecostal church in North Little rock). Today was his and Sis Holmes' 42, I think, anniversary...around ten am today he went out to the garage and found that she had fallen and was dead. They are saying possible heart attack or aneurysm....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Assuredbyfaith

Happy New Years!! I had to work mine; so I hope a few of you were enjoying ringing the New Year in?  Hopefully, some time was spent with God! May y'all have a blessed year!!!

A group of us poor unfortunate people who had to work...decided we were blessed, and Thankful to be working. Working meant we had jobs!!! :)
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I is here, working my fingers to the bone....had a former state rep come by and bring me and a coworker pizza for dinner, just because she loves us. I am pleased.

taco_harvell