News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Is it just me?? Feeling alone in Sharing 493..

Started by Roscoe, April 05, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I just do not have words to express what happened in service tonight. That could partially be because I've lost my voice. But my life will never be the same after tonight.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Roscoe

:like: Cheese's comment.
Morning all. Had a pleasant evening out with my lovely bride last night. We took Rusty to Russellville to pick up a couple of items at Lowe's, then went and ate pizza. Lou drank Dr. Pepper. I, on the other hand, resisited temptation. I did backslide a little- I drank apple Fanta, which is basically carbonated apple juice, but only one small glass.
Now, today I shall work on my tower project. My tower guy called and thinks we may put everything up tomorrow...all 53'. I'd do a happy dance if I could  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

I like Flying J and Pilot Coffee. It's way cheaper than most coffee shops and taste better.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

BroTrey

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 09, 2014, 10:49:25 AM
SHHHHH!  Taco don't say that!  You'll upset the fanboys. 

Although actually Mac OS was a remodeled BSD clone.  But few even know what BSD is.  Apple's OS is easier to install than the original BSD ever was though. 

ADD-ON EDIT:  Actually there's a rumor that Apple tried to hire Linus himself (by that time he was already famous) but he declined and continued working on Linux.
^ Correct and Correct.

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 09, 2014, 02:16:43 PM
And where on earth did you get information about the worth of Linux? Linux has no net worth. It's free. That's the whole point. Canonical, the company that makes Ubuntu, might have a net worth.
Canonical works from a fund set up by the founder, Mark Shuttleworth.   The Linux Foundation might pull that much money a year, from the memberships... but that money goes right into the kernel dev team, producing training videos/documentations and adverts.  I doubt they have that much sitting as cash on-hand.    However the point of the manipulative and frustrating produce company that dodges taxes better than any politician I've heard of... does have plenty of money as "cash on-hand" assets. I would go on with the evils of Apple, but it would be like pointing out Errors of the Watchtower to a LDS member lol

Time to finish packing for men's retreat...clean out my car...and make it to my friends house in 19 minutes.... and *poof*
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on April 11, 2014, 11:41:34 AM
:like: Cheese's comment.
Morning all. Had a pleasant evening out with my lovely bride last night. We took Rusty to Russellville to pick up a couple of items at Lowe's, then went and ate pizza. Lou drank Dr. Pepper. I, on the other hand, resisited temptation. I did backslide a little- I drank apple Fanta, which is basically carbonated apple juice, but only one small glass.
Now, today I shall work on my tower project. My tower guy called and thinks we may put everything up tomorrow...all 53'. I'd do a happy dance if I could  :lol:

:clap:  keep that up and you could be doing cart wheels.  Then we'll have to stop referring to you as a gnome and digress to circus _____?   I don't even know! 

Going to be a beautiful day here and tomorrow also. Both days are booked though so I'm kind of sad I can't go hiking.  Both of my kids have BB rifles now and are chomping at the bit to go somewhere they can aim at squirrels/rodents.

Lynx

Hiking, now, that's different. Hiking I like. As long as I don't have to sleep out there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Great conclusion last night in family devotion:

Some things labeled as a "standard" are actually and simply a Freedom.  Ah, I love hearing my kids talk.

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning, all. :hi:
Dina should be having a baby before too long. I wish she wasn't so far away.

Roscoe

Hmpf. Quiet around here- we can't have that!
Been a good day. I drove Rusty a fair distance, picked up a couple more things for the tower project, then had to make a quick dash to Russellville for some bolts I'd forgotten. While I was there, Lou called and told me Cody and his girlfriend, (a young couple in our church) had showed up.
Cody is quite the mechanic, and loves my 'vette....he went in the shop and repaired the problem I was putting off for the past seven months. So, tonight, the Corvette drove out of the shop and took a spirited run down the road for the first time in months. Yes, I am happy.
And to top it all off, starting around 9 in the morning, we are gonna put up that tower....:clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Sis Sjostrand read my mail today. Convicted, refreshed and healed.
Exhausted to the bone. Sitting in three separate sessions of hers will do that to you.

Thankful for her ministry.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Pretty day here. Supposed to storm tomorrow.

Heather

Had to work today so I missed services at church. Poop. I'm currently exhausted and being a lazy bum. Have to go to the Dance Concert at school tonight for my theatre class. Bro Marshall is preaching tomorrow morning. Brandon came to both Thursday and Friday nights services. Thursday night Bro Rodeheaver 'read my mail' so to speak and it surprised Brandon someone I hadn't seen in years knew everything I was going through and had only told to him. Slowly but surely the Lord is working on that boy...

Also PTL my dad pretty much has a job!!!!! He interviewed with AutoZone on Friday [I know. It seems to be a family affair now....] and barring anything crazy happening with his background check he should start a week from Monday.  :clap: :clap:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I'm wore slap out. Got up at around 6  this morning....friends arrived around 8:15 or so and we put up the tower. Hardest part of all was getting the beam up.... but now, thank God in Heaven, it is done. Just in time for tomorrow's stormy weather. :smirk:
After we finished that, we went by McDonald's where I cheated and had a SMALL Dr. Pepper, no refill, with my meal. Strangly, it wasn't "all that". Go figure.
We then went to another ham's house and took down an antenna for repair- he's in his 80's and about half a step from a nursing home, so we were glad to help out. I got to drive Rusty a bit too, then came home and mowed and cleaned up the yard, then pressure washed Rusty, the Corvette, and the BadBoy mower.
So as you see- I have a right to be tarred. :lol:

taco_harvell

Some of you vitamin/tea weight loss natural health gurus. I need something natural and proven to pull fluid off. I'm on prescribed fluid pills that even the doctor admits are just irritating my kidneys and not pulling off fluid. Kidney function test shows up fine though except for irritation. Drinking more water is just adding to the issue. Any suggestions for a natural diuretic?

Chseeads

Lynx

Anything with caffeine - dark chocolate, strong tea, coffee - is a diuretic.  But caffeine can be rough on the kidneys as well...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

BroTrey

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 13, 2014, 12:05:09 PM
But caffeine can be rough on the kidneys as well...
Truth!     I need to cut back before I do some damage.
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

taco_harvell

I'm looking for something stronger than caffeine. Someone said cabbage so far I can't find anything to back that up. 

The Purple Fuzzy

I've heard parsley & alfalfa tablets. My husband had something called water X from the health food store.

Melody

Warm water with a squirt of FRESH lemon juice or a TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar (with the "mother" in it) in your water are both GREAT diuretics plus tons of other good benefits. 

Actually these will balance your body. If you don't need a diuretic, it won't do it. Which is great because it won't dehydrate you.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I've heard alcohol is a diuretic, but I don't think you want to get drunk just to lose water.  But people who drink sure do complain about having to pee a lot.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

:sing:  The girls all get prettier at closing time....

That was stuck in my head and I was going to post it, but it's oddly fitting based on the above post.