News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Is it just me?? Feeling alone in Sharing 493..

Started by Roscoe, April 05, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: my husband fixed me pancakes & bacon for breakfast. :)

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 26, 2014, 02:18:05 PM
:hi: my husband fixed me pancakes & bacon for breakfast. :)
He's a keeper!  But you might already know that.

Howdy MelB.  Don't be such a stranger.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Shew.  Lord.  That's about all I know.  Troubles and trials and what all.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on May 27, 2014, 04:25:55 AM
Shew.  Lord.  That's about all I know.  Troubles and trials and what all.
Indeed.
Fortunately, today is "hump day" for me. If I can get by this day and two more, I'll be back to a well deserved weekend..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 27, 2014, 01:08:19 PM
Back at work. :hi: It's raining.
Just got off work.  It's supposed to be raining, but it's not.  I don't think they really have any clue what they're doing over at the weather prediction place.

Quote from: Roscoe on May 27, 2014, 11:26:55 AM
Fortunately, today is "hump day" for me. If I can get by this day and two more, I'll be back to a well deserved weekend..
:sing: Everybody's working for the weekend :sing:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Well. Today was interesting. Had a big storm come through Little Rock- lotsa rain and some wind. I get radioed that a limb has fallen off of a tree on 7th Street, so I run through the "tunnel" at work and have the officer working the door to bring me a raincoat since I'd left mine at home...
I arrive to find that a car had been struck by said "limb". Limb was actually the east half of a 150 year old oak tree and was bigger around than I am, by quite a bit. The car was driving by when the tree fell on it. Tree landed precisely on the driver's roof, and DESTROYED the car. I have no idea how the driver kept from being killed- but he limped away with only what appeared to be superficial damage.
Needless to say we had every TV station in Little Rock there to film it, since it happened a block from two of the networks' stations. Therefore, I KNOW I am on television tonight, as well as in the paper tomorrow, I suspect....

MsJennJenn

Isaac do you know how to rip songs from YouTube??
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 28, 2014, 12:57:49 AM
Isaac do you know how to rip songs from YouTube??
And if you do, PLEASE post here instead of p.m.......because I've been trying to figure out how to for the last month. So much "free" music I want, but can't capture... :sadbounce:

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Bobby:  Wow, now I know a celebrity!  :great:

Jenn:  keepvid.com works.  Select mp3 instead of a video format.  It won't be audiophile quality (because people don't upload audiophile quality to a youtube video) but it will be good enough for most people.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

...Of course there are legal, moral and ethical implications if one does a bunch of song ripping.  It's probably just as well that I'm an audiophile and can't stand the audio quality, or I'd probably at least seriously compromise my ethics, being the music nut that I am.  But grabbing a song for the choir to hear so they can learn to sing it is probably okay.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I just found this artist who has like 4 or 5 songs in an acoustic version, and everything he's got on iTunes is his CD version, not the acoustic...and the acoustic is 10x better. lol

He did have 2 of the acoustic versions on iTunes. I bought those.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I dont type/text much anywhere anymore cause of my broke wrist and the difficulty of using my right hand with this cast on. But I read here daily. and keep up with FB. Its eaiser to post on FB cause my vouce to text thing on my phone works well there. Here...not so much. it doesnt like GP apparently.

I would have went crazy without that feture though. Its been a real help. Along with Siri.

Cast comse off in 5 more days...pray thet I dont have to have another one. Im SICK of this cast. UGHHHHHHH

MelodyB

So many errors...oh well. That was cause of my inability to type properly wuth a cast on./

Roscoe

We're just glad to know someone else is lurking , at least. :lol:

Roscoe

:hi: Where'd everyone go?!? Morning, all. It is raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock, as my grandfather used to say. And now, today will be "girl's state"- which means we'll have 500 or so teen girls running through the capitol. "OMG! Can you believe it?!? *Squeal*" Bah.

Lynx

Better thee than me brother.  Have fun, wear earplugs and bring a gas mask to filter out all the perfume and hairspray fumes.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on May 29, 2014, 11:35:29 AM
:hi: Where'd everyone go?!? Morning, all. It is raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock, as my grandfather used to say. And now, today will be "girl's state"- which means we'll have 500 or so teen girls running through the capitol. "OMG! Can you believe it?!? *Squeal*" Bah.
Girl's state what, Bobby?

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on May 28, 2014, 08:32:30 PM
So many errors...oh well. That was cause of my inability to type properly wuth a cast on./

Sure.  Blame the cast.

In what way do you love spaghetti squash prepared so much?

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 29, 2014, 01:33:56 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 29, 2014, 11:35:29 AM
Girl's state what, Bobby?
Girl's State is a deal that the schools do here....they take girls from schools all over the state, ( ages 14 or so through 17) have some instruction time, have mock elections, electing them to all of Arkansas' Constitutional offices, plus House and Senate seats, and just generally teach them about the legislative process. They also have all the colleges from around the state set up booths of information for the kids. It's a yearly thing, and tomorrow will be "Boy's State" which is the male version.
The girls are usually calmer, with some slight drama. The boys have been known to be, er, a bit more rowdy, from stealing from the blind ladies snack stand to drawing depictions of body parts on the sidewalks... :sadbounce:
Thankfully, I'm off tomorrow and won't have to put up with the boys. Today was MORE than enough with the girls...