News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 20, 2014, 12:41:24 PM
I have a friend in Topeka that has just chickens. Her kids write names on the eggs before they hatch. Lol. She sells the eggs they won't consume.  I hear they're good for gardens with certain things. Seth would know.  Seth do they eat tomato plants?

They prefer to eat your kind of "tomato plants" prepared in brownie form.  :P  :hypocrite:

If the plants were small, they might peck them...I'm not sure they're real keen on eating tomato leaves though.  They'd be more apt to just trample them and scratch them up till they were bigger....  But if they had tomatoes on them, they'd scarf down the tomatoes.

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on March 22, 2014, 11:45:25 PM
Shew, Lord. I be tarred....... I went grocery shopping and spent way too much. And while I was there, I saw that Walmart's garden center was open, so I bought $10 worth of pansies, petunias, and marigolds. I repainted the letters  red on our "name log" that is in the little flowerbed by the road, and planted all those colorful little flowers there. Yellow, gold, deep purple, white and "peppermint"- red and white striped....the flowers make the flowerbed look like a colorful happy little place.
I then spent half of forever cleaning out behind the shop, which was a job in and of itself. It now looks much nicer. And I've mowed every square foot of grass in my neighborhood, just to play with my new lawnmower- including the neighbors. :laughhard:
I'd have weedeated but I discover I was out of trimmer line after I got back home and didn't feel like driving back into town.
Oh, and I picked up the part Rusty's been needing, now to get time to fix it.
And that's Roscoe's book o' sharing fer today. :hi:

Hope you don't have the weather we are are you'll have black frozen flowers.

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on March 25, 2014, 12:53:31 AM
And it's supposed to get cold here again tomorrow night. I guess I'll have to cover my poor plants or they will die. :sadbounce:

Oh, I see you addressed this here.

MsJennJenn

Having a conversation, one that's quite hysterical with the sister about goats.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Completely off topic but - Every time I check this thread I get hungry. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Saying something is off topic in the open-category "sharing" thread is a bit oxymoron don't you think?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Exactly.   :cool:

I mean uh... Hey, don't you be calling me no moron! :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

One more day down...and now I have 4 days off. :clap: It's cool though. Not freezing, but cool. I've got nothing I HAVE to do this weekend, but doubtless shall find something to do...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I live, eat, sleep, and breathe music...but seriously.....how can you listen to the same repetitious beat hours on end, at a volume half the apartment building can not only hear, but physically feel.  :frustrated: :mad:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Poor Fairy Cakes.

It snowed a dusting this morning.  Ugh.  Winter won't quit.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 24, 2014, 02:19:45 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 24, 2014, 11:06:16 AM
I'm up, but I don't wanna be.  Usually I'm a morning person but currently I'm thinking of switching sides. 

I'm never a morning person. I hate mornings, and morning people and people in the mornings.  :mad: :yawn: :sleep:
On second thought, that reaction is rather mild compared to Bro. Bobby's.  Bobby called me up one morning at about 9:30am.  I answered in my usual cheerful manner.  He said "... oh God, you're a morning person!"  I don't know what God had to do with it, but Bobby's tone of voice indicated two things - Being a morning person is akin to having leprosy or some other virulent, terminal illness, and his dismay was not so much that I was a morning person as that he was being required to deal with a morning person.   :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

You'll never find me cheerful on any morning.
I'm quite sure I won't even be cheerful on my wedding morning day. I've already set in stone my ceremony won't be until dusk. So I don't have to be up early. Early = death.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 26, 2014, 02:22:35 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 24, 2014, 02:19:45 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 24, 2014, 11:06:16 AM
I'm up, but I don't wanna be.  Usually I'm a morning person but currently I'm thinking of switching sides. 

I'm never a morning person. I hate mornings, and morning people and people in the mornings.  :mad: :yawn: :sleep:
On second thought, that reaction is rather mild compared to Bro. Bobby's.  Bobby called me up one morning at about 9:30am.  I answered in my usual cheerful manner.  He said "... oh God, you're a morning person!"  I don't know what God had to do with it, but Bobby's tone of voice indicated two things - Being a morning person is akin to having leprosy or some other virulent, terminal illness, and his dismay was not so much that I was a morning person as that he was being required to deal with a morning person.   :updown:
"Morning people" should be drawn and quartered. In fact, people in general should be drawn and quartered, since they are mostly all morons.
I had a delicious dinner, then covered my small flowerbed up with a sheet to try to protect the flowers from the winter that just won't go away. :pound: Then I sat in my recliner and dozed all evening, waking just enough to beller at Chey and Lou when they aroused me to conciousness.. :P And my sciatic nerve is hurting again so I took some pain pills and will probably be up all night.. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 26, 2014, 03:26:10 AM
"Morning people" should be drawn and quartered. In fact, people in general should be drawn and quartered, since they are mostly all morons.
Seth?  Is that you?  How did you get into Bobby's account and post under his name? 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

I thought it sounded a lot like Seth, too. lol

Newsman

People! Crazy boss lady wants me to come in and work extra for someone who doesn't want to work at all. Guess I'll have to. Just had a black bean platter. Need to go tend the fowl. At least I understand them.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Sometimes, Seth has something to his rants. What exactly, I don't know, but.........
Anyway. I stand by my Seth-like utterance.
Today was my first of four days off, so I got up around 8, when my old bones told me they would tolerate the bed no longer, and made bacon, cheesy scrambled eggs, white gravy, and homemade biscuits for everyone. Now I'm trying to see if it'll warm up enough for me to work in the shop and maybe put Rusty's part on him....

Melody

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 26, 2014, 01:22:00 PM
I thought it sounded a lot like Seth, too. lol

Even I thought it sounded like me.  I was really pleased to hear it.  :hypocrite:

Chseeads

Went and did cards since it was cold today.  Tomorrow is cleaning day.  Then Friday is poop route. 

Bah.

Roscoe

Did more ham radio things today. Went to church, got fighting mad when a fellow churchgoer testified and said something that I took as slighting toward my church...I'm sure he meant it differently than I took it, but it got me unrighteously angry and almost earned him a poke in the snoot.
After showing remarkable restraint, I went by Hardee's on the way home and ate a burger. Thus, the end of my day....