News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

It's up to 37 today and our ice is melting. :)

MsJennJenn

It's about 45 here! Woohoo!! Supposed to be back to around 77 by Friday. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

:waves:

JennJenn: Did you say where in Oklahoma he was from?  I probably read it, but can't remember.

Meller:   Pretty pup.  Raising ours, I had the same thoughts.  It's like raising a infant.  But they are great when trained right.  Not like the devil dog Melb had to live with.

Speaking of Melb, my heart goes out to you for the situation with your parents. But props to some good posting...

In other news, I need to do a very long post somewhere.  In the mean time, I sincerely ask for prayers for my little Cajun queen, chelleebelle.  Physically, mentally, spiritually.  And me, for the same reasons.

:ugly:

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Mini - from Miami. Where Sarba is.
And we pray for you - but not mentally we know you're too far gone.
:hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

My evening class got canceled. Can't decide if I want to crawl into jammies and watch Netflix, go to the basketball game alone, or go visit a local church for their midweek service.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Did poop and cleaning today.

Guess I'll do cards tomorrow.  The boss called today and said I got a raise...I still make a paltry sum, but hey, I'll take it.  :P

Dad has a surgery on his eye Thursday to do something to tighten the saggy eyelid so it will close better and such. 

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2014/03/curtis-appears-in-court-and-charged-with-murder.php

That's the story on the stupid teenagers that killed the local man here.  It's like the plot of a TV show.  They had an elaborate plan.  Sounds like maybe they didn't intend on him actually dying, but they shot him and beat him as part of the plan.  Insanity.  They don't deserve to ever see the light of day again.  Stupid kids.

People need Jesus, good grief.

Roscoe

Got home, where Lou made me lasagna. I ran out to the ham shack for some "me" time, to study on tomorrow's bible study a bit and play with the radio some. Made my day to hear, and finally talk to, a chap in Kuwait,a country I previously have not talked to. Now I'm gonna go in and relax a bit...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Praise Report! The "spot" is still in the same location on my brain, but it IS NOT AN ANEURYSM OR CANCER. The radiologist is unable to determine it's "origins or makeup", "Further test may need to be run to determine if it is a foreign body." (Broken piece of bone, metal, or who knows what.) Thank you JESUS it's not "an eminent risk"! Thanks for the prayers!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on March 04, 2014, 10:10:43 PM

In other news, I need to do a very long post somewhere.  In the mean time, I sincerely ask for prayers for my little Cajun queen, chelleebelle.  Physically, mentally, spiritually.  And me, for the same reasons.

:ugly:

-mini
Our church and Elona and I both pray for y'all daily! God's got it, even when we don't understand it!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Morning. :hi:
Back at work. Was a fairly pleasant drive, with only one incident with black ice causing me concern. But the Lord is good, and I didn't lose control, so now I'm ready to start my day...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: taco_harvell on March 05, 2014, 08:10:01 AM
Praise Report! The "spot" is still in the same location on my brain, but it IS NOT AN ANEURYSM OR CANCER. The radiologist is unable to determine it's "origins or makeup", "Further test may need to be run to determine if it is a foreign body." (Broken piece of bone, metal, or who knows what.) Thank you JESUS it's not "an eminent risk"! Thanks for the prayers!

It's probably just a loose screw.  :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Re: Devil Dog

No, I don't deal with Furby anymore, now I have Bear. Dear lord what is with my family and these small stupid ankle biter dogs?! Bear is a full blooded miniature yorki. UGHH. I HATE SMALL DOGS. Donna takes him out ALL THE TIME, seriously, I witness this, but as soon as we all leave the house, he poops and pees everywhere. He has one spot in the middle of the kitchen as you walk in the back door where he poops, and then he has about three different spots he pees in. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Even if he had just went out two minutes before the last person left. When we are home, nothing. Never an accident. Just when we are all gone. Plus he barks at me. All the time. I come home from work, he barks. I come in from checking the mail, he barks. I can be in my room or the bathroom for a mere 5 minutes and when I come out, he is running up and barking at me like I'm a stranger. I've lived in this house with him for two months now! Sheesh! I'm not a stranger anymore! :frustrated:

And once again, he is not MY dog and I live here free so I can't say anything. I just deal.

He is a wee bit better than Furby. But not by much.

In other dog news. We had to let our German Shepard go. He was puking constantly and eating sand and never gained any weight. Plus with Aaron and I working all he time, and home having to stay at Granny's, she was getting weary of looking after him. So he's at the shelter and we saw on their website that he is up for adoption, and they changed his name from Winston to Arthur. Yuk! Lol

I'm headed to work in a few. Wont make it to church tonight. It is payday though! Yay!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on March 05, 2014, 02:23:22 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on March 05, 2014, 08:10:01 AM

It's probably just a loose screw.  :smirk2:
:stupid:

Heather

Stayed home last night. Work today. Only 4 shifts left at that dreaded place. Got peed on and bitten today. Not by the same animal. I expect my knuckle to be sore and bruised in the morning. Was pouting because I haven't gotten to really see Brandon except this past weekend. Even then we spent all that time in the library doing homework and studying. Called him when I got off work and he was already headed home to do homework. So I went on to church. We always all go up front and worship at the altar during song service [I know A LOT of people don't do that and we get odd looks from new people. It's just what we do] and lo and behold as I was headed back to my seat if Brandon wasn't sitting there!!. It just surprised me. He says it was just to see me but I really believe God is working on him.  :cool:

Alright. Lets go study for this test tomorrow....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Went to church. Had the thrill of teaching on tithe and offerings. Nothing tightens up a crowd like getting in their wallets, so to speak, with scripture. :smirk: Now to get through tomorrow.....

Chseeads

Lynx

Bobby you should read "Making Mammon Serve You," a book on financial matters from a biblical perspective.  Getting out of debt, saving, IRAs, and a chapter on tithing, among other things.  In the tithing chapter the author deals very well with the question of "Is tithing mandatory?" 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on March 06, 2014, 04:19:32 AM
I have no patience for stupid people. 

Nor do I- yet I have to deal with them daily. My cross to bear, I guess....
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 06, 2014, 04:34:39 AM
Bobby you should read "Making Mammon Serve You," a book on financial matters from a biblical perspective.  Getting out of debt, saving, IRAs, and a chapter on tithing, among other things.  In the tithing chapter the author deals very well with the question of "Is tithing mandatory?"
Would've been good to have last night.  :P But thanks for the recommendation. I shall have to find it....
And Morning, all. Happy Thursday to most of you, and a Happy FRIDAY to me... *walks away singing joyfully.*

Chseeads

* Chseeads shoots Roscoe in the rotund caboose as he waddles away.  :fire:

:hypocrite:

Melody

My pastor just preached a good sermon recently. "Disciples have stewardship" or something along those lines.

This puppy is choleric. Even when she's playing it's a bit serious.  Nice challenge for me. Lol. She is really wanting to bite a lot so I'm working in that, and pack leader stuff. I may have made my dog too submissive as this puppy could probably dominate him easily. I don't want him to bite her back though, and hurt her.  She's playing, he is_not. :)

I'm reading some more on it all. I did NOT know that yawns aren't always yawns but a show of teeth, pre aggression. I didn't realize I should be trying to train her for more than potty.  Needing to work for food and affection makes them the happiest so I have got to figure out how to do that. Right now if she smells the potential of a meal being served her, she goes a bit ballistic. 

Not being able to have more babies, this puppy is a nice distraction from that.

Heather, how much should getting her fixed run?  I'm thinking we might do that soon.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm at work wishing I was somewhere else... just not sure where.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Mellowyellow: Ah, so that explains it. In the interest of not getting knocked over when I fed my dog, I trained him to wait on command until I said okay. What you said about them being happier when they have to work for their food might explain why he seems to enjoy his food more now, and why he was willing to learn that so quickly.
"Do you sing at church?"