In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Quote from: taco_harvell on March 01, 2014, 11:37:22 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on March 01, 2014, 01:04:01 AM
Prayers for your family Jenn. ::HUG::

Put in my notice at the animal hospital. My last day is March 12. I'll go to ladies conference the 13-15. I'll start my new job the 16 or 17. No more getting urinated on my nervous dogs. No more picking up maggoty skin cats. No more step-brats. No more wrestling 130 pound German Shepherds. No more Mr Oliver [pervy old man who likes to tell me about his sponge baths.] What a glorious day the 12th will be!!!!!

[on a side note I will still be petsitting for the clients I have picked up through the animal hospital. I spoke to most of them today and they want to keep me on call.  :cool:]
East Coast Women's Conference?

I'm currently on the TN side. Plus Pigeon Forge is a lot closer than Williamsburg. It's odd they fell on the same weekend though. They are usually a month or so apart. We have some ladies who go to both since our city straddles the state line.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Quote from: HeatherB on March 02, 2014, 12:39:45 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on March 01, 2014, 11:37:22 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on March 01, 2014, 01:04:01 AM
Prayers for your family Jenn. ::HUG::

Put in my notice at the animal hospital. My last day is March 12. I'll go to ladies conference the 13-15. I'll start my new job the 16 or 17. No more getting urinated on my nervous dogs. No more picking up maggoty skin cats. No more step-brats. No more wrestling 130 pound German Shepherds. No more Mr Oliver [pervy old man who likes to tell me about his sponge baths.] What a glorious day the 12th will be!!!!!

[on a side note I will still be petsitting for the clients I have picked up through the animal hospital. I spoke to most of them today and they want to keep me on call.  :cool:]
East Coast Women's Conference?

I'm currently on the TN side. Plus Pigeon Forge is a lot closer than Williamsburg. It's odd they fell on the same weekend though. They are usually a month or so apart. We have some ladies who go to both since our city straddles the state line.
Was just wondering if we would see you. Elona and my pastor's wife are going to ECWC, and my pastor and I are going for moral support and 2 days out of town. :)
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

They caught the three teens that killed the guy.  Probably kids that his son knew or whatever.  I don't know why people are so stupid.....ugh.

Melody

A family rescued a black lab that wasn't making it very well in a harsh cold snap about 6wks ago.  They got her home, warmed her up realizing she was pregnant. TEN puppies. They weren't ready for that so they been desperately trying to find them homes. The puppies are now 6wks. They are set up in their barn. I offered to foster whichever one is the runt, housebreaking it while trying to find it a home.  We have a great dog already that is the right size for where we live. We cannot keep a second pet, especially this, what the vet thinks, is a lab and Pyrenees mix. BIG. I'd keep it in a heartbeat if we had land to facilitate it. 

I'm not such a softy about animals but it's 15* right now and tomorrow is supposed to get to -25* w/ the windchill. That sweet family trying to do right by these puppies, I can at least potty train one and let the kids love on it until we find a home. It's free if anyone wants it.

My new foster baby:

Melody

Lynx

HeatherB:  So the pets were okay at the vet job... it was the people you couldn't stand?   :updown:

MellowYellow:  That reminds me of an ad seen in a local paper.  "Free puppies to good home.  Half AKC registered German Shepherd, half sneaky neighbor's dog."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Heather

No church for me this morning either. And apparently we don't livestream any more. I have homework up to my eyeballs. I'm currently in the midst of writing a paper about whether current technological advances are our friend or foe.

We are supposed to get ice and snow tonight/tomorrow. I can't decide if I want it or not. It would be nice so that way I don't have to go to work and have more time for homework but I kinda want to work to make the money and say my goodbyes to clients.

MsJennJenn

Walked out of church this morning to this wintry mix mess. Ugh.

I can't take this winter anymore....physically, mentally, emotionally.....lawd help us.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's crazy. Yestersay it was about 80. It was 66 when I looked this morning and already down to 39 now. Supposed to be 27 tonight.

Melody

I'm not even going to bother talking about the mess we have in snow.  :/

Excited to snuggle and housebreak a puppy tomorrow.

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 02, 2014, 06:38:14 PM

I can't take this winter anymore....physically, mentally, emotionally.....lawd help us.

You'd be dead if you were up here.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on March 02, 2014, 09:42:16 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 02, 2014, 06:38:14 PM

You'd be dead if you were up here.

I indeed would. The few short months we have Texas "winter" about do me in.
Church got canceled cus of it. Although it's all wet mostly. I just got out and went to Whole Foods and it was ok.

All for the best I suppose. Need to start studying for my Biology lab midterm tomorrow....*cough*
I'm not as dutiful student as Heather lol.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Paper is mostly done except for my closing paragraphs. Play has been watch. Now to study for my Anthropology and Theatre tests I have on Tuesday. Haven't even touched my Sociology study guide. That test is Thursday.

Thanks to my English teacher I have found my new favorite music while studying. I constantly have music going. At home. In my car. Singing it if not hearing it. Sometimes the lyrics distract me from my task. She had us listen to a cello duo called 2cellos. So now I have them and another group called Dallas String Quartet on my Amazon player. They do covers of popular songs but all instrumental. It's awesome!

MsJennJenn

Used my broccoli from the co-up and made....Broccoli Cheese soup.
While at Whole Foods I bought a Sourdough loaf. So I made a soup bread bowl. YUM.

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Iced in again here too. Stupid winter.
At least I'm at home- nearly a guarantee that I shall be here tomorrow as well, seeing as how we have a half inch or better of ice on the roads and it is still coming down..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

That sourdough probably won't meet the approval of WC.  :hypocrite:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on March 03, 2014, 01:45:52 AM
That sourdough probably won't meet the approval of WC.  :hypocrite:

Good thing I don't seek, or need his approval.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It's still sleeting like crazy here, too, Bobby.

Newsman

Hey! Is it too late to get in on harassing the Prince and Defender of Pink? (Bobby)

That soup bowl looks really good, Lady Jenn.

John  :waving:

Melody

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on March 03, 2014, 02:50:47 AM
Hey! Is it too late to get in on harassing the Prince and Defender of Pink? (Bobby)

John  :waving:
Yes. It IS too late.  :P And I am not a defender of said color, rather a DENIER of ownership of said color. Big difference.  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lots of folks around here have lost electricity.

Newsman

Straight temperature is 10 degrees, wind chill is minus-7.