News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: HeatherB on June 08, 2013, 10:32:31 PM
Fell down the concrete steps at work yesterday. Very lucky I landed on my hip/thigh and elbow. If I'd landed on my bum and wrist I would have broken one or both. My elbow is still pretty swollen and I have a beast of a strawberry/bruise high on my thigh. Ice packs and ibuprofen are my current best friends.

Housesitting for a Dr from work. No snake sitings. [THANK YA JESUS!!!] Hanging out with her standard poodle. They are sooo much better than miniature poodles. Ankle biters.....

Mom and dad are currently looking to purchase a house. Preferably one with some sort of apartment. They want to rent it to me [and Brandon] so we can get out of our weird housing and it'll help make the house payment. Since B's mom lost her job his dad has begged her to move out there with us. That would add 1 adult, 2 seven years old boys, 3 large dogs, 1 small dog, 2 lizards, and 1 bearded dragon to our house. Plus we don't get along that great. We get along best when we're not around each other.

Also I have been bumped from my time off in August and now will not be able to go to NAYC. Although approved and double checked with my boss before making my registration, he has granted 2 other people time off that asked AFTER me.  :roll: I'm bummed, but what can you do?

Oh and ETSU has informed me that I am an unsatisfactory candidate for financial aide. So all my plans are falling apart.....poop!
So, how's it going today?  Feeling any better?

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 10, 2013, 08:27:14 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 10, 2013, 07:34:32 PM
Wish I could be there instead. Oh well, maybe some day. In the meantime, when are you coming over here?
Good question. One I know not the answer too.  :smirk2: For some reason I rarely travel east...
What, you think we're poison? :-P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Isaac, do you have "the last few miles I've traveled on my knees" by Jimmie Davis? My hubby was looking for it.

I finally found this link but couldn't find it on YouTube, and I know it was there at one time.

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=80904612&ac=now

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

OK, I knew it was a long shot, but thought it was worth a try. :)

Thanks, anyway.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Close, but not quite.  My old gospel collection is limited to the selection from the records of friends.  If they didn't have it, I didn't get it and probably don't know it exists... yet.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I am always in a stint when I hear a song one way and can't find it sung that way anywhere.  One of my favorite old songs is, and I'm not even sure of the title...

Take me past the outer courts
Into the Holy Place
Past the brazen altar
Lord, I want to see your face

Pass me by the crowds of people
And the priests who sing their praise
Lord I hunger and thirst for your righteousness
And it's only found one place

Chorus
Take me in to the Holy of Holies
Take me in by the blood of the Lamb
Take me in to the Holy of Holies
Take the coal, cleanse my lips, here I am.

All I find online is cheesey versions but we sang it soulfully.

Newsman

Happy Tuesday! We all need to show up in Morrilton Ark and find a buffet place. I suppose, as Trooper Moses has _allededly_ removed his Stop Stick of Doom, that we might be able to say hi to him!

Isaac, what part of Tennessee be ye in?

John  :waving:

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on June 11, 2013, 09:22:41 PM
Happy Tuesday! We all need to show up in Morrilton Ark and find a buffet place. I suppose, as Trooper Moses has _allededly_ removed his Stop Stick of Doom, that we might be able to say hi to him!

Isaac, what part of Tennessee be ye in?

John  :waving:
I have indeed removed said stopstick.... :P And if'n ya wander by Friday night, you *might* find other people you know here...and more importantly, some burgers and hotdogs fresh offin the grill........... :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Newsman: I'm down here in Southwest Tennessee.

Roscoe: THIS Friday night? Who's going to be there this Friday night? And would it be possible to mail me a burger? :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 11, 2013, 10:46:50 PM
Newsman: I'm down here in Southwest Tennessee.

Roscoe: THIS Friday night? Who's going to be there this Friday night? And would it be possible to mail me a burger? :D
Mini usually wanders over for our swap meet crawl/antique auto thrash...... And the burger'd be cold. I can't allow that. I shall eat one in your honor instead.  :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Burger.  Mmmmm....good.  Fellowship with friends....mmmmm...better.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

So in the name of keeping the burger warm, he turns his heart cold. Mm-hmm, I see how it is. :(
"Do you sing at church?"

Kim

Quote from: Roscoe on June 10, 2013, 07:13:38 PM
Shew. Vacation is working me to death..lol. Went and fixed the lawnmower Kim killed...:-p  Actually it apparently has issues with her. It was a simple bad connection at the battery.  I then brought it home and mowed the yard, being as how Uncle Ron AND a certain wingnut from an adjoining state is wandering over to the car show...:clap:  Don't want it to look TOO bad...
Got a welcome package in the mail and am scanning the contents of music to see what I like, before I give it to Lou who will doubtless find the one thing I hate, decide it is her favorite, and drive me nutty (er) with it....
Tomorrow is Bill Pay day, then set the 'vette up with a for sale sign, then wander by the car show which will be setting up..... Lord, I love this. Wish every week was carshow week and I could get paid to stay there....
Now little brother, if you would service the lawnmower and clean those battery posts at least once every three years,  I might not KILL it.  Plus it gives you something to do....since I know you have so much spare time.  But thanks for fixing it and bringing it back to me, now I can finish getting this jungle knocked down!

Roscoe

:hi: :hi:
Morning, all.  It's the day I'm waiting on....Uncle Ron's coming in. :clap:  And I'm gonna have to start getting up early in the morning on my day off. I turned on the ham radio this morning and heard a guy in Central Japan sounding like he was at my house.  :o A few clicks of the dial, and I was talking to Italy. Amazing to hear so many countries this early. It is way to cool to have a conversation with folks from Japan, Florida, California, and Italy all at the same time. :thumbsup2:

Newsman

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

kmymbir

I LOVE my husband... Didn't know life outside my parents how could be so wonderful.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

Found out today that an apartment came open where we had applied, and so we will be moving in July.

I have mixed emotions on the matter. I want our own place again, but I also love living at the church.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 12, 2013, 01:13:21 PM
Do they speak English?
Yes. Surprisingly most of the world seems to speak English. Maybe the hobby tends to attract more educated people- boy, did I fall into the wrong place- or maybe English is just universal...

Over 100 miles in Rusty today,hours of enjoying my uncle's company,and all around a grand day...

mini