News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ask Practicalme something unpractical

Started by sunlight, April 20, 2008, 03:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Yup. And if anyone finds me airfare for around $300, I'm hopping a plane. No joke. Matter of fact, I'm considering hopping a plane for considerably more than that. Blah.

Oh well. Worrying won't help anything. *prays harder*

Soooo... the food stuff for the OK meet up.... I don't s'pose there's anything I can do from here to help you *smile*... but if you need help getting anything ready when I get to TX, I'd love for you to put me to work doing something. Please don't act like I'm company. I'd much rather be one of your kids for a week. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

So who all is still at your house? And WHERE IS CHEL?

Everyone else has checked in since the meet up, but she is MIA.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

almondjoy

What's it like being Chel's mom?   
I know from experience how ornery she can be :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on June 09, 2008, 08:07:33 PM
So who all is still at your house? And WHERE IS CHEL?

Everyone else has checked in since the meet up, but she is MIA.
Ruby is still at my house, I think she has to leave tomorrow.

Poor Chel had to go to orientation for her new job today... I hope she didn't fall asleep! ;)

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: almondjoy on June 09, 2008, 08:09:27 PM
What's it like being Chel's mom?   
I know from experience how ornery she can be :hypocrite:

It has been quite an interesting journey!  And she can still surprise me...  :o ;)
But I've met lots of wonderful people because of her and a few not so wonderful, but they aren't from GP since she is such a social person.

She will be a wonderful nurse and always finds something good to say about people.  (we're not alike much on this, I don't give compliments lightly, so if I give you one, know that you are special)

There are many things that I could say about her, but let me just finish by stating that she is a very special young lady. :bigcheese:

iridiscente

Can you tell the story of anytime you have seen a miracle!

The Purple Fuzzy

Is there a specific incident that you are wanting me to tell about?

sunlight

the oldest one you remember for me... not sure about her.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Right at this moment, all that I can think about for you is when you fell off the roof... I'm sure there are others.

We were putting a new roof on the house.  Chel was helping.  We had friends from the hispanic church in a nearby town and a friend of Dina's (this was before she was married) here to help also.  They got up really early to try to beat the heat.  The problem with that is, the roof had dew all over it and it's a metal roof.  Chel was carrying something to hand down to Dina's friend and she slipped.  The guy saw her coming down and quickly moved a bunch of boards out of the way so that she wouldn't hit them.  I was in the house.  Boudreaux came in to call 911 cause she had gone down head first.  Of course I ran out ASAP.  She had dirt on her face and in her mouth, so I know she hit her head.  We took a trip to the hospital and she went in on a backboard in the ambulance since we were afraid that she hurt her neck or back.  God is good.  She broke both her wrists (one pretty badly) but she didn't hurt her back or neck.  I'm thankful that the guy moved the 2x4s so quickly... among other things.  On a side note, the insurance didn't want to pay for an ambulance ride since "it was just broken wrists" but after I told them the whole story, they finally paid.

seguidordejesus

Quote from: practicalme on June 15, 2008, 04:49:10 AM
Right at this moment, all that I can think about for you is when you fell off the roof... I'm sure there are others.

We were putting a new roof on the house.  Chel was helping.  We had friends from the hispanic church in a nearby town and a friend of Dina's (this was before she was married) here to help also.  They got up really early to try to beat the heat.  The problem with that is, the roof had dew all over it and it's a metal roof.  Chel was carrying something to hand down to Dina's friend and she slipped.  The guy saw her coming down and quickly moved a bunch of boards out of the way so that she wouldn't hit them.  I was in the house.  Boudreaux came in to call 911 cause she had gone down head first.  Of course I ran out ASAP.  She had dirt on her face and in her mouth, so I know she hit her head.  We took a trip to the hospital and she went in on a backboard in the ambulance since we were afraid that she hurt her neck or back.  God is good.  She broke both her wrists (one pretty badly) but she didn't hurt her back or neck.  I'm thankful that the guy moved the 2x4s so quickly... among other things.  On a side note, the insurance didn't want to pay for an ambulance ride since "it was just broken wrists" but after I told them the whole story, they finally paid.

"Friend" my foot, that guy had his eye on Dina!!!!  I hurried back from Chile as fast as I could after I heard he'd visited!!!!

SippinTea

*giggles* at jealous guys.

Sandra, what is one of your fav memories from the OK meet up?

Ashlee

almondjoy

Mom, can you forgive me for implying you were old?   :hypocrite:

sunlight

Quote from: seguidordejesus on June 15, 2008, 06:17:08 AM

"Friend" my foot, that guy had his eye on Dina!!!!  I hurried back from Chile as fast as I could after I heard he'd visited!!!!
:laughhard: hehehehe! :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: almondjoy on June 15, 2008, 06:31:27 AM

Of course, especially since I'm not that much older than YOU! ;)

:laughhard:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: SippinTea on June 15, 2008, 06:28:10 AM
Sandra, what is one of your fav memories from the OK meet up?

I think there are lots of things that were fun, but my favorite memory was when we were all gathered around on Sunday sharing and praying.  I felt like I learned alot about some of the folks at that time.

almondjoy

Quote from: practicalme on June 15, 2008, 03:02:35 PM
Quote from: almondjoy on June 15, 2008, 06:31:27 AM

Of course, especially since I'm not that much older than YOU! ;)

:laughhard:

:laughhard:  Nice comeback    :thumbsup2:

Ashlee

Do you prefer small towns or large cities?
What color would you want your kitchen painted?
Do you like barbeque or baked chicken better?
Do you like chicken or beef better?
Do you like oranges or apples better?
Do you ever compare apples to oranges?
What is your favorite color?
Who is your hero?
What is your middle name?
What did people call you when you were a child?
Do you have a favorite song?
Favorite verse of scripture?
Favorite book of the Bible?
Favorite children's song?

iridiscente

What advice would you give young couples for having a enduring marriage?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: teacheroftheLord on June 23, 2008, 06:14:04 AM
Do you prefer small towns or large cities? Small towns, hands down
What color would you want your kitchen painted? a light color, like off white, with blue accents
Do you like barbeque or baked chicken better? I like them both, but sometimes I get tired of BBQ since we have it so much
Do you like chicken or beef better? Beef
Do you like oranges or apples better? apples
Do you ever compare apples to oranges? not that I know of
What is your favorite color? that depends on what it's for, but I like blue and yellow and hot pink
Who is your hero? Not sure that I HAVE a hero
What is your middle name? not something I share online
What did people call you when you were a child? My grandmother sometimes called me Sanny but didn't really have a nicname
Do you have a favorite song? Not really, it changes depending on the circumstances, but I really like almost all of the ones Selah sings
Favorite verse of scripture? That is another thing that changes depending on what is going on in my life but Romans 8:28 is always good
Favorite book of the Bible? I like Ruth and Esther
Favorite children's song? Ohh, I like LOTS of children's songs, especially the ones off the Jungle Jam radio show!  There is a funny one that goes
"I like potatoes and I like ham, I like toast with strawberry jam ....then something about a pickled beet... I just love to eat ;)
They also have one called it's a beautiful day that I like

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: iridiscente on June 23, 2008, 03:55:47 PM
What advice would you give young couples for having a enduring marriage?
*Put God first, immediate family second and "church" third
*Don't spend more than your budget allows... some things have to wait
*Don't expect to have the "things" that your parents have after years of marriage right at first, you may need to wait on a new 4 wheeler or other stuff.
*Don't expect to always get your way, but don't be a doormat either
*Talk things over and try to understand each other's dreams and plans
*Always tell your spouse you love them and give lots of hugs

I'm sure that I will think of more...

iridiscente

SippinTea

RainbowJingles

Quote from: seguidordejesus on June 15, 2008, 06:17:08 AM

*sappy sigh*

Maybe someday some guy will be jealous to hear *I* had a "friend" come to see me.  lol
Ben: It was great to hear your stories!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?