Baseball in the Offseason

Started by bishopnl, December 05, 2007, 07:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopnl

If you're a Tigers fan you have to be happy.  Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera...it doesn't get much better than that...although they gave up a huge part of their future for it. 

But they are gonna need all the help they can get, b/c if the BoSox acquire Johan Santana, it would be a huge step towards sealing a repeat World Series title.

As a Cardinals fan...I don't want to be too pessimistic, but I'm looking into the future...lol...
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

Scott

Quote from: bishopnl on December 05, 2007, 07:39:23 PM
If you're a Tigers fan you have to be happy.  Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera...it doesn't get much better than that...although they gave up a huge part of their future for it. 

But they are gonna need all the help they can get, b/c if the BoSox acquire Johan Santana, it would be a huge step towards sealing a repeat World Series title.

As a Cardinals fan...I don't want to be too pessimistic, but I'm looking into the future...lol...

The local Minneapolis sports writers are saying that the Tiger Trade changes everything.  They are suggesting that the Twins will focus on resigning Santana ASAP  because they cannot afford to give him up right now.

(which means he is history)
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle