News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Activities....

Started by Gingerale, November 08, 2007, 10:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingerale

OKay. I need activities for College/Career ages 18 (out of highschool)  and up. Anything in particular that stands out in your times of fellowship?!

JakeLeonard

I know we have a district-wide thing like you're asking......I'd have to talk to Jamie McGarvey for more information so I can pass it on to you.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: He Still Delivers on November 08, 2007, 10:02:08 PM
OKay. I need activities for College/Career ages 18 (out of highschool)  and up. Anything in particular that stands out in your times of fellowship?!

Study groups

All night homework fellowship

Coffee Shop Note Sharing

Sorry, it just struck me funny that the college group usually has the least "spare" time due to all the homework.  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

B

Quote from: JakeLeonard on November 09, 2007, 08:18:29 PM
I'd have to talk to Jamie McGarvey for more information so I can pass it on to you.

I know Scott McGarvey.

B

Natasha

Somethink with a bomb is always good according to Boris.

Natasha

kkay

You could do a pizza party..or something like a carry-in dinner..

Backseat Radio

Here's some things the adult singles/college/career aged groups I was involved in did that might be of use...

The college/career group at fpc had a wednesday night class and one of the things they did in that class is give opportunity for us to learn how to teach Bible studies.

The singles group at clt had weekend home group meetings and they was going through various Christian based books and discussing the ideas presented in those books.

The singles/college/career group at ncoc met every wednesday night before church at one of the elders houses for dinner and discussion and then helped clean up before we all went to church.

The singles and young married couples at ncoc would get together at someones home almost every weekend for snacks, board games, and sometimes even things like ping pong.

Chinadoll

Board games, snacks...

Also going out after church is always good -- but try to keep it cheap for those singles that are perpetually poor.

Nai

Legendary_roxy_girL

white castle eating contest!

i ate 14 in 5 mins.. thank you im the champ...
KayV Blog" style="border:0

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

TRAV

Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on November 15, 2007, 01:24:28 AM

:updown:
champ...chump....champ....hows yer stomach?
PROVERBS 3:5,6

Crystal Belle

Ice Skating. Sky Diving. Tag.  Going out to eat (wait...this is all we do it seems like, lol). Hunting. Snow Mobiles (way fun).
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Chinadoll

There's no White Castle here in Idaho.

:offtopic: I know but still...

:gasp: :demand: :frownshake: :smugno:

It's not a happy thought.

Nai

World Traveler

There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Chinadoll

For you a kissing booth with redheads WT!

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Chinadoll on November 15, 2007, 12:49:57 AM
Board games, snacks...

Also going out after church is always good -- but try to keep it cheap for those singles that are perpetually poor.

Nai

Unfortunately the singles at fpc were not real good about picking cheap places when they went out to eat after church

Legendary_roxy_girL

Quote from: TRAV on November 15, 2007, 01:50:56 AM
Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on November 15, 2007, 01:24:28 AM

:updown:
champ...chump....champ....hows yer stomach?

My stomach was fine! Perfecto. I won pretty much against about 7 boys, and 12 girls. Next highest amount was 9 and it was my sister, What can I say it runs in the family! haha

But anywho, I just had a tooth ache after basically from chewing so much and so fast. :)
KayV Blog" style="border:0

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

kade

???  theres no white castle in Texas

im offended its Texas we have everything
Sunday best and broken glass

Newsman

Texas..cause not every south(west)ener can be an Okie!  :thumbsup2:

:laughhard:
j/k...we'll allow Lady Ginger and Lady Padme and Lady JennJenn to become honorary Okies, though!

John  :waving:

JakeLeonard

Quote from: GlassDarkly on November 10, 2007, 12:56:08 AM
Quote from: JakeLeonard on November 09, 2007, 08:18:29 PM
I'd have to talk to Jamie McGarvey for more information so I can pass it on to you.

I know Scott McGarvey.

B

That any relation to Vernon McGarvey, Jaime's father (not to mention the Moberly, MO pastor who contributes to most of the Sunday School booklets for each age level)?

And I found out that she's a Morgans now.....she got married....

Gingerale

lol... I am too west to be considered close to OKie territory, but I could sure love to visit... lol

kkay

When I still went to my mom's church, we played "tag"/"hide-and-go-seek" with our cars. It was majorly fun :)

Of course, this was a very small town..it would probably be pretty hard in a large city :smirk2:

apsurf

I always loved to go bowling...at least when I was younger and a few pounds lighter!!!

Backseat Radio

I miss the impromtu bowling outtings after church that some of the singles at ncoc did  :sadbounce:

Newsman

You old fogey, you!  :P

John  :waving:

P.S. Up for an SCA event next saturday in Tulsa?

Valstarr  :pound:

Quote from: nwlife on December 01, 2007, 06:55:41 AM
I always loved to go bowling...at least when I was younger and a few pounds lighter!!!

Sis

All the bowling alleys at home have bars in them. The main focus is the bar. Most of us felt uncomfortable around there.