News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ever feel.....

Started by EmmazMommy, May 24, 2007, 05:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmazMommy

not good enough?  :roll:

I dont know. Im NOT feeling sorry for myself. Somedays I just feel as though Im not good enough for anything. I mean, Im not the perfect size, I dont dress the perfect "stylish" ways,  Im not a singer *well, I am, but I dont think my voice is great anyway* , I dont play the piano, Im not this beautiful person...

We have this girl who useta come to church here ( her mom still comes to church here ). She is in Bible College right now. Anyway, EVERY time she comes home, its like NO ONE is as wonderful as her. I feel like not even going to church when I know she is going to be here. I dread seeing her. I dont know and she always has to play and sing while she is here. I know its good she has talent, but she KNOWS it and has a snotty attitude about her because of that! I dont know.

And, since I have gained weight ( i know i can change this ) I have felt like Im worthless. I hate it. I dont dress cute anymore because I feel like I am fat, so I cant be cute. I dont know. Maybe im just throwing a pity party.

Then when I go to area churches and I dont play/sing I feel terrible. I feel like Im not even a valuable asset to ryan or his ministry....I dont know!!!!

Im sooooooooooooooooo sick of being disgusted with myself.......

Im sorry, yall shouldnt have to listen to me whine...yall are the only ones I have that  listen tho lol 

Amelia Bedelia

*BIG HUG*

I feel that way often - I hear it is rather common and normal

Quote from: EmmazMommy on May 24, 2007, 05:06:58 AM
and has a snotty attitude about her because of that!
I bet she has the attitude to cover up that she doesn't feel good enough either

I think you're really pretty and you seem like a great mother.  You have talents and strengths that no one else has, find a way to dwell on that and tap into those. Busy yourself doing what makes you happy and fulfilled - not just what might be routinely expected

*HUG* again

alohilani

I agree with Amelia; find the strengths you have (be objective, though - don't discount your good qualities!) and work on them. ;)

Look at it this way - you're the only woman in your nuclear family; there isn't anyone who could be a better wife for Ryan and better mother for Emma than you!

EmmazMommy

Quote from: alohilani on May 24, 2007, 03:33:18 PM
I agree with Amelia; find the strengths you have (be objective, though - don't discount your good qualities!) and work on them. ;)

Look at it this way - you're the only woman in your nuclear family; there isn't anyone who could be a better wife for Ryan and better mother for Emma than you!

I love your advice...its the simplest,  most practical advice Ive ever got and its so the truth..... :biglaugh:

alohilani