News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Starbucks & others...

Started by SippinTea, May 09, 2007, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

In the interest of not hi-jacking another thread...(I've reached my quota for the week already) :) ...

What's your opinion of Starbucks coffee? Do you, like me, think they over-roast their beans? If Starbucks isn't your favorite place for a coffee treat, where is your favorite spot? And is it the coffe you go for, or the experience, or the friend you're with?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Raecheal

I enjoy Starbucks.. mostly the medium though. And the double choc chip frappucino (not coffe thoug). ;) We also go to Second Cup (downtown) and Tim's (which is a Canadian phenomenon). I don't really go for the coffee as much as the friends.

MelodyB

Well, I love Starbucks, I dont think they over roast the beans, and would love to go with friends if I had any friends that wanted to go...and the truth of the matter is....STARBUCKS IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME!!! Although I love it, I cant afford to go but every once in awhile...so if anyone wants to come down here and buy me a few coffees I am sure I can keep you entertained in that wonderful Starbucks culture!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

randerzforya

I love Starbucks Frappuccinos (sp?). Any of the flavors are great but I like Banana Coconut the best.

Every hot coffee/cappuccino I've tried has been not-so-hot. ( :biglaugh: Hehe). But maybe I've tried to wrong ones...

Raecheal

I hate their hot choc though.

Deut6v4

Boston Stokers - a local chain with excellent fruit smoothies!

Tim Horton's for the BEST Iced Capps

Caribou Coffee for a tasty little drink they call a Hot Apple Blast - hot apple cider, cinnamon, caramel, whipped cream... it's like apple pie in a cup. 

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I like the other stuff.

Starbucks even managed to make a cup of hot chocolate taste bitter and nasty.  How do they do that?

~ T

Raecheal

alohilani

Ah, the famous Ice Capps! Timmy's is becoming a thing for well-traveled Americans, too. ;)

I like Starbucks well enough when it's done right - I always get frou-frou drinks so the over-roasted beans aren't a major issue. *grin* We use 'Sbux' a lot for staff meetings, though, so maybe it is a culture thing..

Classicrambler

Starbucks is just another gigantic non-personal empire...

*cough*

...bent on putting the shop around the corner out of business.  :grin:

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: SippinTea on May 09, 2007, 04:43:40 PMWhat's your opinion of Starbucks coffee?
Starbucks overcharges for substandard coffee that tastes like swamp water.
Move along, nothing to see here.

Amelia Bedelia

I love Starbucks
I prefer to support the "little shops around the corner" but I can't always
Starbucks is more convenient and I'm constantly getting gift cards for them

Used to have an awesome barista at the starbucks by my office - knew exactly how I wanted my caramel macchaiato, it was perfect!  Not there any more  :(   LOL its still good though...  I like their "frou frou" drinks with lots of syrups and foam and whipped cream... lately I've been hooked on the cinnamon dolce latte *drool*  wow, just typing that is making me crave one LOL
if I'm just gonna have a plain cup of coffee then I'll just pour it out of the pot in the office

nicolejoy

Their best "product" is the frappucinos!! But they are overpriced... but for their frapps, it's worth it!!

Raecheal

I haven't had one since last year .

Tricia Lea

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Mel-Mel on May 09, 2007, 04:57:21 PM
Well, I love Starbucks, I dont think they over roast the beans, and would love to go with friends if I had any friends that wanted to go...and the truth of the matter is....STARBUCKS IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME!!! Although I love it, I cant afford to go but every once in awhile...so if anyone wants to come down here and buy me a few coffees I am sure I can keep you entertained in that wonderful Starbucks culture!

:o I love Starbucks! The problem is, the location isn't convenient and I don't have much time to just hang out, and when I do have time I prefer to just be at home. If they're open late on Sunday, how about we plan to go there Sunday night after church?  If not, maybe we can plan to go on a Saturday afternoon. :thumbsup2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

terp

Quote from: Classicrambler on May 09, 2007, 07:55:48 PM
Starbucks is just another gigantic non-personal empire...

*cough*

...bent on putting the shop around the corner out of business.  :grin:
And that's the reason I try and shop at the shop around the corner; not for books, either.

Still, I love Starbucks, Dunn Bros, Espresso Royale, Caribou, mom-and-pop shops, etc.  I don't discriminate.  :nono: 

I do have to admit that I have difficulty buying the coffee shop opinions of people that don't even drink coffee.  (I, of course, mean real coffee...beans and water...no fru-fru.)  But, maybe that's just me.

Coffee is GOOD!   :great:
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

SippinTea

Quote from: terp on May 10, 2007, 07:55:18 PM
I do have to admit that I have difficulty buying the coffee shop opinions of people that don't even drink coffee.  (I, of course, mean real coffee...beans and water...no fru-fru.)  But, maybe that's just me.

*whine* Surf, she's pickin' on me!

:biglaugh:

Okay, I'll admit it, Terp. Coffee's got to have sugar and milk at least, for me. Peppermint lattes and caramel macchiatos are even better. :P

But that's okay, I'll still be your friend. ;) *hug*

Melody

I'll have to go to starbucks now, just so I can have a current opinion.   :biglaugh:

terp

Thanks, Sippin - friends are wonderful. *hugs* back!

And I'll admit that at times  I put milk in my coffee, too.  Smile.  I'm not against the fru-fru drinks!  I love 'em.  I just really love the cup o' dark roast more.  *sips*  
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

randerzforya

I can drink coffee black, but it's just so much better with all that yummy cream and sugar!  ;)

Sister_Mom

Quote from: SippinTea on May 10, 2007, 08:03:03 PM
caramel macchiatos

I don't know why that post looked longer than that when I first read it . . . . . . . but, the part quoted above was the only words I could read. :drool:  :hyper:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

Woohoo! Another caramel macchiato fan!  :hyper:

Just make sure mine is extra hot, will ya? I don't like that luke-warm stuff.  :tantrum:

alohilani

I'm so finicky about my coffee in that respect. *grin* I like it hot - not semi-hot or warm. Starbucks is generally good about that, though!

I'm a caramel white chocolate mocha fan, myself. ;)