News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Get the Grill out and start cooking (share your recipes)

Started by Scott, May 02, 2007, 10:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Thin Gilled Potato Chips

Slice 4 to 10 potatoes very thin (Imagine you are making potato chips) Leave the skin on

Spread out a long sheet of Tin foil ( use several to make it easier, maybe a foot long)

Spray it with non stick cooking spray

lay your chips out on the foil

Using Spray on butter, spray a thin coating of butter

Sprinkle on your favorite Spice(s)

I use Garlic Salt, red pepper, black Pepper and Mrs. Dash.

Fold your foil over and roll up the edges - yes your potatoes will move around.

Grill 5 minutes and flip it over - figure up to 20 minutes on medium heat.

Eat.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Ant

Grilled Steak - Aussie Style

Kill a cow

Thow a couple of slabs of it on the barbie

Cook until it's done

Eat

Melody

my hubby's going to try and grill a small pork roast on the grill tonight.  I'm using a zesty peppercorn seasoning... we'll see how it goes.

alohilani

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this thread - I miss BBQ! lol

Raecheal

Quote from: Ant on May 03, 2007, 12:23:33 PM
Grilled Steak - Aussie Style

Kill a cow

Thow a couple of slabs of it on the barbie

Cook until it's done

Eat

Sounds fairly simple - except for the whole 'kill a cow.' That might take some effort. ;)

We can bbq when we move! That'll be fun. But if we have to choose between a bbq and a ride-on mower, I'd choose the mower first. ;)

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 03, 2007, 05:27:50 PM
my hubby's going to try and grill a small pork roast on the grill tonight.  I'm using a zesty peppercorn seasoning... we'll see how it goes.

Well, we use a charcoal grill, and the pork roast was probably 6x6x2 in.  It got far more done on the outside than the inside so I baked it the rest of the way in the oven.  It was good, but I was hoping we could've done it all on the grill.  The seasoning I used was a garlic peppercorn kind by McCormik's.  It was STRONG.  I will be using that differently next time...lol

Tomorrow, pork chops.  We're still learning how to grill if you haven't noticed.  I can make a feast with an oven and stove but am clueless with a grill.

Ant

Quote from: Rae on May 04, 2007, 10:21:13 PM
We can bbq when we move! That'll be fun. But if we have to choose between a bbq and a ride-on mower, I'd choose the mower first. ;)

Sounds cool. Just one question though. How do you cook steak on a ride-on mower?

Raecheal

lol - Funny guy. ;) If we had to choose between buying a barbecue or a ride-on mower first, the ride-on mower would be first - The  bbq would be delayed but that's alright - it's enough to know that we could bbq if we wanted to since we won't be in an apartment. 

I actually don't like steak very much though.