News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

making slide shows on DVD

Started by darlaj2, April 30, 2007, 06:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darlaj2

Does anyone know the program to use or whatever to take pictures--then put them to music and make a DVD??

LarryTheCucumber

a video CD (VCD) might be easier for you to make, and just as adequate.  Windows Movie Maker should be able to help you create a vcd.

darlaj2

Is this something I buy or download?

I just want to take some pictures, combine with music and make a little "home movie" so to speak.  You know set some pictures with a certain song.

So, I just want the easiest way to do this--then combine easy with cost and come up with a decent program.

myhaloisintheshop

I h ave been looking to do this also Darla.  I just didn't know where to start!

darlaj2

Well, since I have the new Vista installed on my computer, the computer is telling me (of course I am at work and Vista is at home) that I should have a movie maker on my computer where I can put my pictures to music and make a CD/DVD.  I will have to look into it when I am at home.  I just got the computer last week, so I have not had much time to just sit and see what Vista has to offer.

RandyWayne

As was mentioned earlier, MS Movie Maker, which is already on your PC assuming your running XP home or Pro is probably your best bet.  And it actually does a pretty decent job at doing what your asking.

I used something nearly as basic (but MUCH harder to use) for my little wedding video slide show.

darlaj2

My Vista does have a "DVD Maker/Movie Maker" installed on it.  So, I was able to take some pictures, set them to a song and make a DVD.  I ended up using Tim McGraw's song "My little girl" and 30 of Mattison's pictures.  Made a slide show with the music in the background.  It is really, really neat.  The movie maker I have has a time line on it where you can add an opening/title page, set the pictures to the exact mark of the song, then have a closing screen and credit role at the end.

I am impressed!  Now I need to look into a program to make the DVD labels.  Anyone have ideas for that??

myhaloisintheshop

I found what I needed on my computer too!  I need to work on it though