News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Photo Editing

Started by JoleneHeather, March 03, 2007, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

Jolene,
I love how that last picture has a soft look to it.. did you do that in Photoshop or did the picture just turn out that way??? :) if you did it in Photoshop... How???

BTW, love the umbrella.. too cute.
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

JoleneHeather

Photoshop.  I went to the adjust tab and scrolled down to soft focus.  And then from there made the soft focus how I wanted it.

Got the umbrella at walmart.  :D

EricShane

Hey Jo! My Friend has the new Windows Vista and it has something on the editing on it, that lets her give peopl like big eyes and stuff, she took a picture of me and made me look REALLY Skinny, it was awesome! I look hot anyway though.. *bol*
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: RandyWayne on March 05, 2007, 09:10:05 PM
Those are some really good pics!

I use Photoshop CS2 myself but haven't touched it much since using Adobe Premier Pro 2.0, which came in the same box (along with Illustrator, Audition, and Encore). 

What type of camera do you use?  I'm using a Rebel XT with a Quantaray 28-200mm lens. Not the best in the world, but (with much pleading and begging) will be able to get a Canon IS (Image Stabilized) lens soon.

Here is a simple little picture I almost literally threw together from some random pics scoured from the net.  I guess I was the only one who saw the resemblance at the time.  I have no idea who did the original montage but I put in the Lieberman pic.

that i know of the 2 last guys if not all three pictures are the SMAE guy  :biglaugh:
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

Roxie

Quote from: JoleneHeather on April 01, 2007, 05:34:11 AM
Photoshop.  I went to the adjust tab and scrolled down to soft focus.  And then from there made the soft focus how I wanted it.

Got the umbrella at walmart.  :D

cool :) I'll have to try it :)
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

LeahMarie

Jolene, those are fantastic pictures! And- your av is fab!

I have come to the conclusion that I'm just not talented in photography... But- I love it, so I'm going to keep at it, and maybe I'll become better...

Btw- how did y'all get your avs so big?
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

JoleneHeather

Thanks.  And it just takes practice.  Also reading a book on photography might just inspire you.  ;D

BTW why was this moved to computers?  This really doesn't have all that much to do with computers.....

B

:think: How do you edit photos without a computer...? :teeth:

B

JoleneHeather

yea, but this isn't about computers.... its about art....

B

Well, if you're going to define it as art, then technically it should be in the Cultural Discussion board. :angel:

Quote from: JoleneHeather on March 03, 2007, 09:30:54 PM
...And make a place for others to show off their graphic design skills:D

Quote from: JoleneHeather on March 03, 2007, 09:33:14 PM
we can also share our tips and tricks in here.  :D

Quote from: LeahMarie on March 05, 2007, 08:26:44 AM
Those are awesome!! How did you do that? What program do you use?

Quote from: JoleneHeather on March 05, 2007, 01:53:11 PM
I use paint shop pro 9.  and I think your asking about the second set of pictures.  Well the etchy...

Quote from: RandyWayne on March 05, 2007, 09:10:05 PM
Those are some really good pics!

I use Photoshop CS2 myself but haven't touched it much since using Adobe Premier Pro 2.0, which came in the same box (along with Illustrator, Audition, and Encore).

Quote from: JoleneHeather on March 08, 2007, 06:14:58 AM
You can blow a three mega pixel to poster size and it still look good.  Its true, the quality of the pixels is more important than the size.  Also having enough graphic memory on your computer where you edit your photo's can make a difference too.

Quote from: JoleneHeather on April 01, 2007, 05:34:11 AM

Quote from: EricShane on April 01, 2007, 06:46:44 AM
Hey Jo! My Friend has the new Windows Vista and it has something on the editing on it, that lets her give peopl like big eyes and stuff, she took a picture of me and made me look REALLY Skinny, it was awesome! I look hot anyway though.. *bol*

These are a few examples of why imho the thread is in the appropriate board. Obviously, I realize graphic design is a fusion of art and technology. :teeth:

B

LarryTheCucumber

slightly off topic.......

.....but I just ordered a 8x9 graphics tablet with wireless pen off geeks.com for $39   :clap:

they were on sale down from about $140

....not sure what I'll use it for, but it'll be a fun toy to add to my collection  :P

JoleneHeather

39OMG I have been wanting to buy one of those.... you found it for only 39 BUCKS!

LarryTheCucumber

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WP8060

they're back up to $79 now, but it looks like they're sold out......

...and I guess its only 8x6, not 8x9

JoleneHeather

awwww maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!  Well you got a killer deal.

RandyWayne

Looking a little "Beatle'ish".  LOL

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

JoleneHeather

btw I got a tablet... I had to pay way more than 35 dollars, but I finally got one.  I LOVE IT!

LarryTheCucumber

just saw your last post JH--I was on Geeks.com today and noticed they had the same one back in stock that I got, tho its back up to $79 now
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=WP8060

truth be told I haven't used mine hardly at all, but it sure looks cool sitting there on my desk  ;)

....as Yngwie Malmsteen said when asked if he really used all 49 marshall amps on stage at his concerts-- 'no, but I could if I wanted to!'
:biglaugh:

JoleneHeather

I haven't used mine a ton either, but mostly because I have to set it up everytime due to having a destructive two year old.  lol.

LeahMarie

So, what nifty features does the 'tablet' have?

JoleneHeather

well its alot more percise than a mouse, which makes it tons easier to draw and "paint" on your computer.  Also for certain types of photo editiing in comes in handy.

Tsalagi

:sing: Jolene Jolene Jolene Jo-lee-e-een...

Heh...sorry, been wanting to do that for a while   :grin:

Good stuff!  BTW, I can get el cheapo 6x8 USB graphic tablets for around $40

Most of what I do I've posted on here at one point in time or 'nother.

all of my photo edit stuff is done with a cheapo tablet.  I use MS Paint [yup, that one]and gimp.

...and the avatar so skeery it skeered someone and gave 'em divils: if youse gets offended by Satr Wars or Darth Maul, DON'T Click!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8/Tsalagi/eyebrow.jpg

nicolejoy

LOL - That last one is funny ;)

You're pretty good with that tablet!!

JoleneHeather

Quote from: Tsalagi on May 18, 2007, 11:33:30 PM
:sing: Jolene Jolene Jolene Jo-lee-e-een...

Heh...sorry, been wanting to do that for a while   :grin:

yea, never heard that song before.  d;)

Love that last picture, was pretty cool.  You go a great job with that.