News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Photo Editing

Started by JoleneHeather, March 03, 2007, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoleneHeather

This is what I do.  I do photography, but I like editing better.  Making the picture more than a picture.  Anyways, I just did a bunch of photos.  Thought Id share them.  And make a place for others to show off their graphic design skills.  :D

I "myspaced" these pictures (thats what I call the style of them... dont ask  :D)

click on to enlarge

JoleneHeather

we can also share our tips and tricks in here.  :D

LarryTheCucumber

:great:
great job, JH!!!

I'll have to dig up some of my favorite projects when I get home....

JoleneHeather

Some stuff I did for my brothers band.  :D

alohilani

Great work, Jo! I love them!

LeahMarie

Those are awesome!! How did you do that? What program do you use?
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

JoleneHeather

I use paint shop pro 9.  and I think your asking about the second set of pictures.  Well the etchy looking ones, I erased the background and used the color line effect.  Oh and I colorized it too.  Then I pasted it back onto the background.  Pretty much the same thing with the B&W's with the outstanding color.  Erase the background and paste back on to a B&W version of that same picture.

RandyWayne

Those are some really good pics!

I use Photoshop CS2 myself but haven't touched it much since using Adobe Premier Pro 2.0, which came in the same box (along with Illustrator, Audition, and Encore). 

What type of camera do you use?  I'm using a Rebel XT with a Quantaray 28-200mm lens. Not the best in the world, but (with much pleading and begging) will be able to get a Canon IS (Image Stabilized) lens soon.

Here is a simple little picture I almost literally threw together from some random pics scoured from the net.  I guess I was the only one who saw the resemblance at the time.  I have no idea who did the original montage but I put in the Lieberman pic.

JoleneHeather

I just use a kodak easy share.  Can't afford the camera I want right now.  :D  But someday I will get the one I want.  :D

LeahMarie

Quote from: JoleneHeather on March 05, 2007, 01:53:11 PM
I use paint shop pro 9.  and I think your asking about the second set of pictures.  Well the etchy looking ones, I erased the background and used the color line effect.  Oh and I colorized it too.  Then I pasted it back onto the background.  Pretty much the same thing with the B&W's with the outstanding color.  Erase the background and paste back on to a B&W version of that same picture.

Yes, I was talking about the second set.. But- the first set is great, too! I'm completely dumb in these sort of things. So, how do you do the first ones?
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

JoleneHeather

Most of those I just upped the contrast.  I may have fiddled with the saturation or the color balance on them too.  But the main thing was changing the contrast.  :D

Roxie

I have an Kodak easyshare camera... I can't wait to get the camera I want.   Jo, are you telling me all those pictures that look so professional.. you just use a Kodak??? Shoot you have an eye girl...
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Roxie

One of the pictures that I have done...

Here is the original
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

JoleneHeather

Quote from: Roxie on March 07, 2007, 02:43:38 AM
I have an Kodak easyshare camera... I can't wait to get the camera I want.   Jo, are you telling me all those pictures that look so professional.. you just use a Kodak??? Shoot you have an eye girl...

Yep all done with a kodak.  So, Thank you.  :D

Roxie

As stated before I have a Kodak I do get some good shots sometimes.. but it seems like yours turn out better... LOL   :cool:

JoleneHeather

Well for the most part, a good photograph has nothing to do with the camera.  Now... a good camera makes it easier, and helps quite a bit.  I have always been intrested in photography, but when Elijah was born I became REALLY intrested.  So I started reading books on photography, and from there learned how they did some stuff I always thought was cool, but couldn't figure out how it was done.  And once I got the basic Idea of how to photograph, and with lots of experimentation, I developed my eye.  So if your intrested in enhancing your photography just go to your library and check out some books.

Speaking of experiments, the first set of pictures was an experiment.  I was wondering what it would look like if I twirled while I shot photos of myself.  I set the camera to the multiple shots setting, and I think I went to high speed.  And then twirled and held down the button.

Okay ANOTHEr secret.  When taking pictures of yourself, hold the camera up high.  Keep your face level, but hold your chin out (this is so you dont get the dreaded double chin, which always seems to happen when you do pictures of yourself) and look up with only your eyes at the camera.  Experiment with how high you hold the camera while taking the picture.  For all the good pictures I have, I have alot of BAD ones.  Thank God for Digital.  haha.

RandyWayne

Many of the best photographers in the world, whether they work for National Geographic or Maxim magazine (for Men!) take literally hundreds of pictures for every "good" one you see on their cover or in their pages.

Envelope

so true!!

I am not a photography buff, but I do like taking pics of the girls.  I have literally filled HUNDREDS of spots in a photo album since they were born (actually 7 albums with 300 pics apiece!!)  LOL 

I LOVE my 35 mm film camera...........but I love my new Kodak easyshare better!!  It's a 6.1 Megapixel and it takes GREAT pictures!!  The colors are incredibly vivid!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE It!!  And it was not a real expensive thing (maybe $150).........but so worth it!!!

My old digital camera was WORTHLESS.  It was a 4.1 mp but I couldn't ever get clear photographs!!

sharon

JoleneHeather

Roxie

Envelope

Wow!!  Joleneheather I would have not guessed that!!  My old 4.1 NEVER took a clear picture!!  Of course it may have been the user ehem ehem...........LOL

sharon

nicolejoy

I have a 3 megapixel that takes pretty clear shots!! I think it's better to have a "good" 3 megapixel one than a "not as good" 5 megapixel one though - some of it is the quality of the camera... and megapixels aren't everything!! Not unless you want to print up enlargements anyway... 3 is fine for regular sized photos!!

RandyWayne

So true.
The quality of the pixel has gotten much more important than the count.  I would also rather have a very nice, accurate, and sharp 3 megapixel camera than a 5, 6, or more, that isn't as sharp or accurate.  In fact, you can blow a 6 megapixel up to near poster size and it will still look great!

JoleneHeather

You can blow a three mega pixel to poster size and it still look good.  Its true, the quality of the pixels is more important than the size.  Also having enough graphic memory on your computer where you edit your photo's can make a difference too.

JoleneHeather

Okay More Pictures.

Click on to enlarge

Original Photo

First Edit

Second Edit