News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

College & Career

Started by Raecheal, January 31, 2007, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raecheal

Hey .. Just wondering if any of you had some really good websites to get a group up and running? Just looking for information at the moment. ;)

Thanks!

newkris

rae, have you visited ninetyandnine.net?  they have a TON of articles, etc. that are geared specifically for apostolic college & career types.  kent curry has a lot of very good information and would gladly answer any questions you might have.  honestly. 

but i think you've seen that site, right? 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

:lurk: We're trying to get a group going here, too. And I'm frustrated with the resources I've found so far.

Eagerly watching to see what other suggestions come up!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Raecheal

I've browsed 90&9 - I'm also interested in people who have done it before..

We're trying to decide what ages we're gearing towards.. We were going to look into a Singles Ministry but College & Career is more appropriate (we think).

AmberMarie

I work with our group at church...it's just getting started too. Right now, there aren't different groups...all the singles are grouped together. However, we are about to change that.

There are about 50 some odd in our group right now with about 30 of them being "college and career" aged. I think we are going to divide it up...I'll take the under 30s and the other lady will take the over 30s.

I'm in need of suggestions too. I haven't really started giving it much thought.  :smirk2: I'll have to check out 90&9.  Did you find any specific articles to be helpful?

newkris

amber, honestly i would just cruise through the articles.  they touch on all sorts of Apostolic issues facing the CC age.  you could print off any of them and use it for discussion.  they have a question of the week and a poll each week.  that might be an interesting place to start.  they have articles and feedback on every topic from books to read, or not, dating, or not, television, movies, careers, colleges . . .  it's all good.  and you can e-mail kent curry for ideas, too.  he's great about it.

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

terp

My home church has a wonderful campus ministry.  In fact, it is the site for one of the Youth on a Mission trips this year.  Check it out at www.calvarygospelchurch.org.  The leaders are Tim and Kim - I'm sure they'd love to answer any questions you might have.  I know I was blessed to be a part of the group.
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

dwilliams

At my church we're going to start a Campus Ministry in the fall. We're also trying to start a College & Career or Yougn Adult class.
Any ideas or pointers? Everyone is just a little skeptical about it because they've never tried it at our church before.
What do you do with your own church's C&C class/ministry that works?