News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

You know you're a 90's kid if....

Started by CDAGeek, January 03, 2009, 01:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDAGeek

As mentioned in another thread, thought I'd share this for any other youngish people.

You know you're a 90's kid if...

You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"

You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air"

You've worn skorts and felt stylish

You yearned to be part of the Baby-Sitters club

You use to love playing with your MY Little Pet Shop

You know that "WHOA" comes from Joey from "Blossom" and that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House"

You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

You wore a ponytail on the side of your head and had fluffed bangs

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in kindergarten

You remember reading "Goosebumps"

You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, wax off"

You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.

You remember the craze then the banning of slap bracelets and slam books.

You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together.

You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"

You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates

You ever got injured on a Slip 'n' Slide

You wore socks over leggings scrunched down

" Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back" SHE ASKED HER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER FOR FIFTY CENTS CENTS CENTS TO SEE THE ELEPHANTS ELEPHANTS ELEPHANTS JUMP OVER THE FENCE THE FENCE THE FENCE" he jumped so high high high he touched the sky sky sky and he didnt come back back back til the forth of july ly ly he jumped so low ow ow he stumbed he's toe oe oe and thats the end end end of the elephants show ow ow

You remember boom boxes vs. cd players

You knew what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare"

You remember Alf, the little brown alien from Melmac and Vicki the Robot from "MY Little Wonder"

You remember New Kids on The Block when they were cool

You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell"

You played and or collected "Pogs"

You used to pretend to be a MIGHTY MORPHIN Power Ranger and you owned a Skip It

You had at least one GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere

You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles

All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.(pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.)

You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears, but at the corners of your eyes.

You remember a time before the WB.

You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

You thought it would be so cool to be Alex Mack.

You know the Macarena by heart.. LOL

" Talk to the hand" ... enough said

You thought Brain would finally take over the world

EricShane

lol this is SOOOO awesome, because Most of those are actually "MEEE!"

:clap:
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

MelodyB

Me too!!

I just didnt like power rangers, but the rest are SO ME.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

CDAGeek

Yeah, there's some obvious ones that would apply if you were a boy or a girl. However, pretty much every one that wasn't me describes one of my friends at the time.

Ashlee

I loved Power Rangers!  At school, we use to fight over who was going to be which one.  lol. Yeah, I remember almost all of that stuff.

CDAGeek

Power Rangers was amazing. About a year ago I saw a clip of it on youtube and almost died from how cheesy it was. It was like I was watching some cheesy knock off of the amazingness I remember when I was little. But no, it was the real thing.

Ashlee

I know.  Everything seems different now than it was then. However, I will say I've kept up with Power Rangers, and they've really changed it a lot.  The origional was much better.

CDAGeek

My friends and I had that discussion a few days ago, and we agree with you. Once they started the spin off series and new versions it went down the drain. The best were at the beginning in the days of the green ranger (when he was still a bad guy). The white ranger was OK too. But after that it just got bad. >.>

Ashlee

Yeah.  The white ranger almost went a little over the top.  It turned more into a sappy drama or soap opera than the classic it was when he arrived.

EricShane

well... I used to fight over which one I was gonna be in school to...

:smirk2:

and...

ashlee.. HUSH Yout Mouth!

Tommy was a legend!!!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

iridiscente

QuoteYou got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
BOL, so true!

Ashlee

Eric...I never do what I'm told.

Tommy caused trouble.  So hmph!

EricShane

Quote from: iridiscente on January 04, 2009, 02:28:22 AM
QuoteYou got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
BOL, so true!
lol.. I LOVED it!

I actually have it on my phone currently.. lol

Quote from: Ashlee on January 04, 2009, 08:41:11 AM
Eric...I never do what I'm told.

Tommy caused trouble.  So hmph!
:eyebrow:

Sis

Quote" Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back" SHE ASKED HER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER FOR FIFTY CENTS CENTS CENTS TO SEE THE ELEPHANTS ELEPHANTS ELEPHANTS JUMP OVER THE FENCE THE FENCE THE FENCE" he jumped so high high high he touched the sky sky sky and he didnt come back back back til the forth of july ly ly he jumped so low ow ow he stumbed he's toe oe oe and thats the end end end of the elephants show ow ow

I had never heard the whole thing. LOL  Sooo that's how it ends.

I can go back a few decades of these type of things. OOPS! No I can't  :tantrum:  I'm only 21!  Yeah, I keep forgetting that.

Sis

My memories from other decades:

You know you're a 70's - 80's kid if...

You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"  "Got Cha!"

You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air"  Saved By The Bell

You've worn skorts and felt stylish  Maxi skirts

You yearned to be part of the Baby-Sitters club  She-rah and He Man

You use to love playing with your MY Little Pet Shop My Pet Rock

You know that "WHOA" comes from Joey from "Blossom" and that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House"
"Bad to the bone" comes from Fast Times At Ridgmont High and "Dipstick" Popularized by "Boss Hogg" on TV's The Dukes of Hazzard.

You wore a ponytail on the side of your head and had fluffed bangs  Big hair

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. typing class

You remember reading "Goosebumps" "Nancy Drew" and "Judy Blume"

You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, wax off" Ash People

You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.  Ditto

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school. Gremlins lunch boxes

You remember the craze then the banning of slap bracelets and slam books. Bananas in Pajamas

You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not... "Not even" or "Mint"

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together. "Barbie & Ken"

You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"  "Out the door"  (Like "gag me out the door".)

You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates (Hey, that's 80's)

You ever got injured on a Slip 'n' Slide   "Sit N Spin" and "Chinese Jump Ropes"

You wore socks over leggings scrunched down  The Madonna look -  Fishnet stockings and long, lace gloves.

You remember boom boxes vs. cd players 80's boom boxes and break dancing.

You knew what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare"  Shake your booty

You remember Alf, the little brown alien from Melmac and Vicki the Robot from "MY Little Wonder" R2D2  C3PO

You remember New Kids on The Block when they were cool  Punk bands

You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell" "The Cosby Show"

You played and or collected "Pogs"  Cabbage Patch Kids/cards - Garbage pail kids cards

You used to pretend to be a MIGHTY MORPHIN Power Ranger and you owned a Skip It He man and Transformers

You had at least one GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere Pound puppy

You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles Inspector Gadget, Fraggle Rock and The Popples

All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.(pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.) Hanna-Barbera characters

You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" "Dark Shadows"

You thought it would be so cool to be Alex Mackhave friendship bracelets and pins on your shoes

You know the Macarena by heart.. LOL Dancin' In The Dark

" Talk to the hand" ... enough said

You thought Brain would finally take over the world  Rooted for Pinkie

EricShane

lol sis!

I cracked up when I saw

QuoteYou knew what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare"  Shake your booty

Sis

Quote from: EricShane on January 05, 2009, 02:40:27 AM
lol sis!

I cracked up when I saw

Go back and laugh at the rest of them.

EricShane

Quote from: Sis on January 05, 2009, 03:12:48 AM
Quote from: EricShane on January 05, 2009, 02:40:27 AM
lol sis!

I cracked up when I saw

Go back and laugh at the rest of them.
I already did...

lol.. just that one was my favorite!!

Sis

:sing: shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake  your booooty.......

EricShane