News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

@Work too.  Eating stuff out of a local gas station hotbox.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Mmm.. gas station burritos. I'd rather have a fried one than a microwaved one! That was always my fave snack on the road. I hardly ever go anywhere long enough to get one of those now. Maybe on our road trip in July!

I'm still at work, but I wish I was at nap time. I am SO tired/sleepy. Hoping this ice cold water wakes me up and this headache goes away.

MsJennJenn

My excel project is a pivot table in one document into another report.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 10, 2019, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 10, 2019, 01:17:49 AMit was beautiful today. Sadly I spent the majority of it in a court room. It was a soft drink court date- of my offenders, "7 up"- 7 sent to prison. Then I came home and put t bones on to grill, while I cleaned out the carport room and moved the freezer in. The T bones were delicious.

What is the general success rate for probation? I know you talk about the ones who flunk because they are the ones that cause you trouble, but I'm curious how many don't flunk out versus how many do.

I don't know the exact number, but I suspect somewhere around 54% Recidivism ( reoffending to the point of being sent to prison)- That's the last numbers I heard, but it encompasses parole and probation. Difference being- Probation= term of supervision given in place of a prison sentence, basically a prison sentence over your head; Parole= offender is sent to prison and released early to serve the remainder of their sentence on supervision. That would mean less than half actually succeed in staying on the right path.

They compute that over a three year period. I personally feel the numbers are skewed and do not reflect the truth. I don't have numbers to back it up, but I would suspect from my dealings with felons, fully 8 out of 10 will wind up back in legal trouble at some point in their life. Sadly real change is rare. But having said that, there's not much more rewarding than to see someone who once had severe legal issues turn their life around. I currently have a parolee who did 15 years in prison before being released on parole (drug manufacturing). He has remarried, bought a nice home, has a good job and a good life, and now spends every Sunday in a jail- preaching and giving his testimony. No, he doesn't believe the same as we do, but no one can deny the very real change in his life.

And in other sharing- spent all day doing home visits. Tomorrow, it's off to Camden, 3 hours away, for a "train the trainer" firearms class that I'd rather be punched than attend. But closer to the weekend- which is free dump day so I can get this place cleaned up..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I know my nephew won't stay out of trouble. :smirk2:

taco_harvell

Going to church shouldn't be miserably painful...  :sadbounce:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MsJennJenn

Turned in my pivot table excel thingie. My boss talked to her source at that office and she said she can't confirm it directly, but it's pretty much a sure thing that the job is mine. Sure wish I knew.

But then I realized my April scripture reading/writing plan is titled "Waiting on God". Coincidence?!  :laughhard:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 11, 2019, 04:38:16 PMTurned in my pivot table excel thingie. My boss talked to her source at that office and she said she can't confirm it directly, but it's pretty much a sure thing that the job is mine. Sure wish I knew.

But then I realized my April scripture reading/writing plan is titled "Waiting on God". Coincidence?!  :laughhard:

Hard lesson to learn. But when you let Him unfold the Rose, it's much better. :sing: "When God unfolds the roooooose.." :sing:  :laughhard:

Just got in a few ago. Been a long day at the police academy and a long drive home..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 10, 2019, 10:24:34 PMTomorrow, it's off to Camden, 3 hours away, for a "train the trainer" firearms class that I'd rather be punched than attend.
I would love to help out with that, but I don't have any practice at all in punching people. I'm a fast learner though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 12, 2019, 11:12:53 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 10, 2019, 10:24:34 PMTomorrow, it's off to Camden, 3 hours away, for a "train the trainer" firearms class that I'd rather be punched than attend.
I would love to help out with that, but I don't have any practice at all in punching people. I'm a fast learner though.
:pound:

I'm a grump this morning. Maybe more so than normal. Hoping the rain holds off tomorrow until I can get my trailer load of trash hauled to the dump.

The Purple Fuzzy

They're saying we will have severe weather tomorrow.

Roscoe

We've got a chance. It depends on how the front moves through. Right now they are saying south of us for the worse part, which is right in your area, Fuzz. We may get nothing- or tornadoes. Or rain. Our weather people should just say "Hey, it's Arkansas. We don't have a clue".

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes. I got up this morning thinking it was not supposed to rain until this afternoon. I had plenty of time to haul the trailer load to the dump. Wrong. It started raining early. I got soaked unloading it. Good thing is that's a trailer load of junk gone even if I did get wet. Kim called , telling me that she thought she heard me say I was making cinnamon rolls. Problem was, I hadn't talked to her in a few days. I took the hint and have cinnamon rolls rising. Oh, and a pan of poppy seed chicken in the oven now.

The Purple Fuzzy

There were houses destroyed not far from where Chel lives.

sunlight

Tornado went like 10 miles from us. Pictures look bad. We got rain and wind.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Shew. Now I can catch up. Sunlight, I'm glad that the storm missed y'all. I started to text you guys, then figured if the storm was hitting that area, you probably had better things to do than answer a text.
I got up today and drove an hour and a half north of me to pick up a passenger seat for the jeep. Ours has been broken since we bought the jeep, so I've had an eye out for one, as a new one is $200. Marketplace came through- nice condition and matching colors for $50.

Had to teach tonight last minute, the lesson I had planned for Wednesday night. I made it through, but I REALLY would've preferred to have my usual time to study it a bit more, rather than the 10 minutes during worship service. Oh well. Hopefully God took it and made it what it was supposed to be.

Tomorrow will be somewhat busy, but I just looked at my schedule for the rest of the week. I don't know what got into me, but I don't think I have anyone scheduled the rest of the week. Very unusual.

Lynx

Wait, what? Bobby does that mean all your "wayward children" are being good?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Just means he's got a kettle on the stove and he thinks it's fine... but it's going to boil over when he least expects it.. LOL. (Hopefully you'll really just have a quieter week tho..)

@Work. Been sick again this weekend. I need this to get out of our house. I'm tired of getting sick and I know Jeremy's tired of getting sick too... lol. I lysol'd, wiped counters, washed bedding/rugs, all in the hope that I was able to NOT have us recontaminate. Hopefully today marks Day 1 of No Longer Sick. :)

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on April 15, 2019, 06:26:02 PMJust means he's got a kettle on the stove and he thinks it's fine... but it's going to boil over when he least expects it.. LOL. (Hopefully you'll really just have a quieter week tho..)

@Work. Been sick again this weekend. I need this to get out of our house. I'm tired of getting sick and I know Jeremy's tired of getting sick too... lol. I lysol'd, wiped counters, washed bedding/rugs, all in the hope that I was able to NOT have us recontaminate. Hopefully today marks Day 1 of No Longer Sick. :)
:pound: Don't wish that evil on me! :pound:

I ALWAYS expect it to boil over. Sure enough, I got a call midmorning that one of my absolute best parolees- passes drug tests, reports religiously, pays fees on time- has apparently fell into the entrepreneurial spirit and began dispensing pharmaceuticals. Sadly, he is neither a doctor or a pharmacist.
As a result, he has won a few nights in an all inclusive resort, and a commendation to the parole board to advise them of the business venture...

The Purple Fuzzy

Another round of stormy weather due tomorrow. Main threats are wind & golf ball size hail. We shall see. I hope we don't get that size hail for sure.

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on April 15, 2019, 08:46:52 PM
Quote from: Nelle on April 15, 2019, 06:26:02 PMJust means he's got a kettle on the stove and he thinks it's fine... but it's going to boil over when he least expects it.. LOL. (Hopefully you'll really just have a quieter week tho..)

:pound: Don't wish that evil on me! :pound:

I ALWAYS expect it to boil over. Sure enough, I got a call midmorning that one of my absolute best parolees- passes drug tests, reports religiously, pays fees on time- has apparently fell into the entrepreneurial spirit and began dispensing pharmaceuticals. Sadly, he is neither a doctor or a pharmacist.
As a result, he has won a few nights in an all inclusive resort, and a commendation to the parole board to advise them of the business venture...

LOL! Seeeeeeeee!! I'm always right. ;)

@Work. Feeling MUCH better. Still have a spotty headache, but I'm taking some Excedrin for that, and it's somewhat better. I slept a little better and I'm temping at my regular temperature today! YAY!

MsJennJenn

Well got the email for the 3rd interview for the job. Good grief. It's Friday at 9 with the division VP and the HR person.
Mom said well maybe if it's with HR that means they're gonna offer you the job. lol guess we'll see.
-Alexander Den Heijer-