News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

I'm trying to not be cranky. I'm so sleepy and at work.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on March 15, 2024, 12:15:04 PMI'm trying to not be cranky. I'm so sleepy and at work.

Sames... and I cannot stop sneezing. I hate it when the temp drops. It's 50's outside. I know it's not a thing, but I promise you I am allergic to winter. Every time the temp drops I start sneezing.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Got blood work done yesterday for an upcoming doctor's appointment. My A1C  is in the diabetic level now.  Guess my snacks on break will now be nuts, fruit, and cheese with bit of whine.

Roscoe

Lord, today will never end.
Last night- much storms.
Today overcast. Next week- off of work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on March 15, 2024, 07:02:47 PMGot blood work done yesterday for an upcoming doctor's appointment. My A1C  is in the diabetic level now.  Guess my snacks on break will now be nuts, fruit, and cheese with bit of whine.
That's nuts! That's also fruit and cheese...

What are your favorite nuts, fruits and cheeses?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

I have trouble with peanut so the only nuts I've been able to do so far is Blue Diamond brand almonds and Wonderful brand pistachios. Everything else my store carries is done in peanut oil. :sadbounce:

Cheese its cheddar or cojack usually. Sometimes I'll try the other block cheeses I find at Walmart. Can't stand string cheese.

Fruit I like most things found in Walmart produce department ...blueberries, strawberries, cherries, pears, peaches, cantaloupe, honeydew, pinapple, tomatoes. I don't like apples or grapes unless I can find really sweet black grapes.

Lynx

HAH! You're singing my song! Don't know what it is about apples and grapes. Maybe because it was all we got when I was a kid. But I like any fruit besides apples and grapes.

I can flat kill a jar of apple juice though...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

If I see that groundhog I'm gonna shoot him. He done lied! Early spring, my frost covered clover.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on March 18, 2024, 05:56:36 PMIf I see that groundhog I'm gonna shoot him. He done lied! Early spring, my frost covered clover.

I'm all for making stew out of that groundhog.  My part of Indiana had snow this afternoon.

Lynx

Did it stick, or just fall and melt on contact?

I guess it might not matter. Around here if some people see it falling they call in to w*rk and say they can't get out of their driveway.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on March 19, 2024, 11:21:19 AMDid it stick, or just fall and melt on contact?

I guess it might not matter. Around here if some people see it falling they call in to w*rk and say they can't get out of their driveway.

It did not stick but was still annoying to get snow in March.  We're used to snow here so unless we get freezing rain then snow or quite a bit of snow we still get out.

Nelle

I had some delicious watermelon yesterday from a fruit bowl from Kroger. I could've eaten the entire watermelon if I'd had it.. lol. I left the honeydew and cantaloupe for husband. I still don't care much for those two (the fruit - not the husband LOL). I also had some strawberries yesterday, but I had to eat them with zero sugar cool whip b/c they weren't ripe enough for me yet.

@Work. Yesterday we had a Clearwave outage so our phones and internet both did not work. Thankfully (or unfortunately?) our accounting system doesn't need either to work, so I still had things to do.. which meant (the unfortunate part) that I still had to stay at work. LOL.

It's been COLD here the past two days, but I'm enjoying getting to wear my sweatshirts a bit longer. I get SO attached to warmer clothes or shoes during fall/winter, and then when spring/summer comes... I have no clue what to wear again, haha.

Roscoe

Morning, all. Thought of you yesterday, Isaac when I found myself near you- Jackson. Would have stopped and tried to torment you had your county's most famous son's museum been open- Ethan wanted to see it- but it's closed until Wednesday.
Enjoyed dinner with a pastor Friend in Parker's Crossroads, and am currently in Bowling Green Kentucky. If the kids get moving we will have fun today...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Just as well. I was at w*rk anyway.

I couldn't even get you a discount on quarter pounders.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Backseat Radio

Tomorrow is moving day for my church's media team. We'll be getting together at the church to paint walls, set up new desks, move our media equipment over, and get everything set up and hooked up in our new media room.  :clap:

We'll have 3 separate stations now. 1 for ProPresenter, 1 for the livestream, and 1 for the camera vision switcher. That effectively means when our livestream is having technical trouble like it did last Sunday the person running the stream won't have to interrupt to person running ProPresenter to jump on the computer to try to fix the problem. They'll have their own computer and equipment to adjust and fix things on the stream.

Roscoe

Home since the wee hours of the morning. Lou not feeling well. Picked up tax returns and paid fed taxes. Bah. The IRS is an infernal pain in the rear.  I snuck into church late and sat on the back pew, while Bro Clayton preached. Felt nice to sit in the congregation and be fed... Tons to do tomorrow.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on March 21, 2024, 03:19:52 AMTomorrow is moving day for my church's media team. We'll be getting together at the church to paint walls, set up new desks, move our media equipment over, and get everything set up and hooked up in our new media room.  :clap:

We'll have 3 separate stations now. 1 for ProPresenter, 1 for the livestream, and 1 for the camera vision switcher. That effectively means when our livestream is having technical trouble like it did last Sunday the person running the stream won't have to interrupt to person running ProPresenter to jump on the computer to try to fix the problem. They'll have their own computer and equipment to adjust and fix things on the stream.
How big is your church again? I feel like I've asked before, but have no memory of the answer.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on March 21, 2024, 09:58:41 AMHow big is your church again? I feel like I've asked before, but have no memory of the answer.

We're a smallish church. Probably run 70-80 people on a regular basis. We've been growing the last year or so because our Pastor and leadership team has put a lot of focus on being a place of healing and restoration.

Lynx

Shoot, that's only how big MY church is, and we don't have a separate room with three computers just for media. Now I'm jealous... Well, maybe just envious.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on March 21, 2024, 01:01:17 PMShoot, that's only how big MY church is, and we don't have a separate room with three computers just for media. Now I'm jealous... Well, maybe just envious.

We've got a nice media setup mainly because our Pastor is passionate about media and the impression we make with in service lighting/graphics and our online presence. Plus he has the ability to sell his vision to the church members and get them on board.

Backseat Radio

Currently we have 3 video camera setups, one on a camera slider, one on a gimble with tracking equipment hooked up to it, and one that's just on a tripod. In the next few weeks one of our photographers will start walking around with gimble camera so we can get shots not possible from stationary points. We also have a 6 camera vision switcher with a nice monitor.

For the move Pastor got us some sweet equipment upgrades... 2 stream decks, a 64x64 AioP expansion card, a separate sound board for the  livestream. We'll have a 2nd computer setup up too specifically for the livestream operator.

Lynx

:wah:  :wah:  :wah:  :wah:  :wah:

That's not green with envy.... Uh... Green is just my natural color. I'm 2/3 Vulcan. Right. That's it.
"Do you sing at church?"