News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. Don't feel too terrible, but busy as what catching up. Got good news in regards to the church disaster- insurance company is covering tile as well. This makes me very happy, as it means in all likelihood the replacement tiles will be installed by someone other than me, which causes my knees and back to want to shout.
My church member has turned for the bad and is now on a vent. I fear for her.

Hello, Cheesehead. Insightful remark there... :ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Yay for the insurance and I'm sad for the vent part. :(

@Work.

Bridal shower went well on Saturday. I didn't get lost once on the way to or from. (Thankful for GPS!)

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on January 24, 2022, 06:25:04 PMHello, Cheesehead. Insightful remark there... :ugly:

It's about all my poor soul can muster these days. 

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on January 25, 2022, 04:55:17 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 24, 2022, 06:25:04 PMHello, Cheesehead. Insightful remark there... :ugly:

It's about all my poor soul can muster these days. 
I definitely understand.
Shew, Lawd. Busy as what with paperwork.  And unlike the days I was at home, when it was bitter cold and nasty rendering me a captive of my recliner and fireplace, it is beautiful out. All I can do is look out the window and dream.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work again. I'm thankful I have a job. I'm thankful I have a job.

Jeremy has his physical therapy evaluation in the morning followed by an MRI. I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but they think he tore his rotator cuff. We are praying that it will just need therapy - not surgery. Not only for his own benefit, but also because we really can't do with him being off work for 6 months at 80% pay. Whatever happens, God knows and will guide us through I know.

I'd also like a nap. I'm working on church statements trying to have them done for tomorrow night's church service.

MelodyB

I'm here and full. Went to my favorite Mexican place for dinner tonight.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

I'm here and not thrilled with going to work in below zero temperatures tomorrow morning

Roscoe

Cold here this morning.  Got a few things to do today. Tired. I didn't sleep well at all last night.

The Purple Fuzzy

My mom just went back to the hospital by ambulance. :(

MsJennJenn

Oh no Fuzzy :(

Hi yall. I just had to pick myself up off the floor. Melbs AND Cheese? What?! lol

Sorry I been mia. Bf takes up most of my time these days.
Covid is rampant throughout CVS also. I see the notifications for "positive" tests for 150 stores in my region. Whew.
Thankfully all good here..

Parents got in last night from Indiana for a funeral tomorrow. Will be the first time I'll see people from the church I left two years ago. Not really looking forward to it tbh.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Apparently my store is getting a visit from regional tomorrow.  Management is going crazy over it and calling in as many as they can to help run freight. So much for having tomorrow off.

Roscoe

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 26, 2022, 07:25:19 PMOh no Fuzzy :(

Hi yall. I just had to pick myself up off the floor. Melbs AND Cheese? What?! lol

Sorry I been mia. Bf takes up most of my time these days.
Covid is rampant throughout CVS also. I see the notifications for "positive" tests for 150 stores in my region. Whew.
Thankfully all good here..

Parents got in last night from Indiana for a funeral tomorrow. Will be the first time I'll see people from the church I left two years ago. Not really looking forward to it tbh.

Oh JennJenn, you're still living. 

Who told you you could have a boyfriend?

Your parents live in Indiana?

Nelle

Did we know MJJ had a boyfriend?! I would LOVE to see a photo of you two. I love seeing couples. :)  Also - I can only imagine my anxiety and awkwardness if I was going to be in your situation with the funeral at the church. I'm too awkward for people seeing LOL.

Backseat - That stinks. Hope it goes well for you guys' visit!

@Work. Finishing payroll, then I would love to say I'm going to work on my backlog of invoicing closeouts, BUT I know I have no such hope. Work is piling on and I have to triage.

I wasn't able to get my booster last week due to that shower, but I am clear this weekend that I know of, so I am hopefully going Friday afternoon to get it now.

MelodyB

Hospitalized parents are not fun. Been there. Lots.

I've been off a few days. Back to the grind tomorrow.

How do I get dreams out of my head?! Talk about people you don't want to see or associate with...but then I have very vivid and real dreams that I cant stop thinking about when I wake up. It wasn't a bad dream. But it's a part of my life I have put behind me for a reason, and I don't need to be thinking about these things and questioning my decisions. I know what I did was right for me and the situation that was present at the time. I need to keep on my current path and put away these "What if" junk rolling over and over in my head.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nelle

I would try specifically praying over your mind. Maybe place a Bible by your bed or under your pillow. Keep quoting verses that would be positive to your situation, like declaring those words for your mind and life.

Roscoe

Hi.  Mel, it looks like for all the world the current path you are on is good for you. You seem happy, health improving, and you've found a good church. I agree with Nelle- if you know it was God's will, thrive in it and don't let "What if's" sap you. Pray over it, and try not to think about what could have been. It wasn't, for a reason, and if you don't think about it, chances are the dreams will quit.

And no, I knew not that Jenn had a significant other. We have ran no background check either. :pound:
BSR, sorry you are being worked to death. Lou says the best thing that has happened to her since Chey was born was leaving Walmart and going to work for the bank.
Walmart used to be great to work for. But the past several years, it's like the head is doing his best to run it in the ground.

The Purple Fuzzy

I dreamed the other night a dream where my son was the leading person in a James Bond type action scene. :o

Backseat Radio

I ended up working in the Toy department today helping them run freight.  The store I work at still seems to be one of the better ones in the area on how they treat workers.  Management was good about bringing back cashiers to help Electronics (my area) during the Christmas season while we had coworkers out on various medical leaves.

Nelle

Roscoe

Yes. Bah. Thankful for my job. Thankful it is Friday. NOT thankful for the cold. Ready for my summer..:pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Roscoe

:hi:
Slept in today. Only thing I did useful was hook up the ham radio in the motorhome. Semi-studying for tomorrow- funeral for a lady not a member, but who came a couple of times and her family wants us to do the funeral. I agreed we'd do it, but I'm not gonna cancel church...so 2pm funeral then church at 5.