News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:sing: Mel's got cooties, Mel's got cooties.. :sing:

Seriously, hope it's a light case and you get over it quickly.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

The Thanksgiving/Christmas season totally derailed the progress I'd made on the no added sugar diet. I'm back in the misery of detoxing from sugar.

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 12, 2022, 10:49:27 PMThe Thanksgiving/Christmas season totally derailed the progress I'd made on the no added sugar diet. I'm back in the misery of detoxing from sugar.
It derailed my diet too. I actually gained 8 lbs since Thanksgiving. It took until last week to start losing again. Back down 3 lbs from last week.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hard to stay off sweets when you love to bake.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 13, 2022, 02:41:14 AMIt's hard to stay off sweets when you love to bake.

So true. I've got birthday snickerdoodles to bake this week for a coworker.

MelodyB

I gave up sugar in April when I was diagnosed with diabetes and I seriously hate it now. I have tried to eat just a little bit occasionally and one bite is too much of anything sweet. Makes me sick.

As a result of that and other healthy choices, I have dropped 45lbs. At Christmas I ate more carbs than normal and I only gained 3lbs back in the 8 days I was on vacation. I am currently back to my lowest weight.

Yay!

Although after the night I had last night and how sick I am now, I expect I'll drop a few more during my current cootie affliction.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

And since when do sharing threads last over 21 pages? This is weird to be on page 60.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on January 13, 2022, 05:25:35 AMAnd since when do sharing threads last over 21 pages? This is weird to be on page 60.
Since we experienced a severe drop in posting. Didn't seem like a need to shut it down with just two or three peeps. But if'n you want to come up with a new title, I'd be glad to lock this one and move us to the new one.
And btw, proud of you for the weight loss. It's apparent in pics I see on fb, and I know that loss isn't easy.
I nearly had bariatric surgery to lose mine, this last year. Was accepted in the program and went to work towards the surgery. After talking with their dietician, she pretty much talked me out of it when she started telling me what I could never have again, and possible complications. Then one of Lou's former coworkers who had the surgery DIED from some of the "rare" complications, and I noped right outta that. I'll die fat and happy, or lose it myself the old fashioned way.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MelodyB on January 13, 2022, 05:24:13 AMI gave up sugar in April when I was diagnosed with diabetes and I seriously hate it now. I have tried to eat just a little bit occasionally and one bite is too much of anything sweet. Makes me sick.

As a result of that and other healthy choices, I have dropped 45lbs. At Christmas I ate more carbs than normal and I only gained 3lbs back in the 8 days I was on vacation. I am currently back to my lowest weight.

Yay!

Although after the night I had last night and how sick I am now, I expect I'll drop a few more during my current cootie affliction.

I didn't realize how bad sugar is on the body until I stumbled onto the movie documentary Fed Up and then started watching The Bitter Truth About Sugar and other talks by Dr. Robert Lustig.

Backseat Radio

The biggest shock for me the first time I did the no sugar challenge was the fact that the ache in the base of my spine that I assumed was from my car accident in 2003 suddenly went away. When I got lax and started eating sugar again the aches came back.

Chseeads

Shew, Lord.

It's the 25th month of 2020.

Will it ever ever ever ever ever end?  On any kind of positive note?

I'm done.

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on January 13, 2022, 09:45:22 AMShew, Lord.

It's the 25th month of 2020.

Will it ever ever ever ever ever end?  On any kind of positive note?

I'm done.
For real!

I saw a comic on January first that says it well:

"So long 2021. We thought you wouldn't stink as much as 2020. Boy were we ever wrong!
Hello 2022 and congrats on being saddled with exactly zero expectations."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work.

It was good to be in church last night after feeling like I haven't been in a month. Literally haven't been since the Wednesday before Christmas between the holidays, sickness, online church etc. We've got a couple out with COVID and Jeremy wanted to make sure I wore a mask last night. I had to run the computer so I wasn't really around many people. I did lysol the computer desk LOL and then used hand sanitizer anytime I touched something new. I was the only one in the building wearing a mask, but that's ok.

We ordered my parents a pack of N95 masks, and then I went back on to order our house two packs.. and they were sold out  of the ones I had just purchased, haha. So I did a little more research and found another certified pack. I dread wearing those, but I know they are more protective than my cloth or surgical ones. Trying to keep our home as healthy as we can. I've come off of a month+ with allergy/sinus/cold issues. JUST starting to get where I can feel a little more normal.

Roscoe

:hi:. Yes. I too, am tired of celebrating the third January of 2020.
 Our church is back online online- I hate video, it makes me look even larger than I really am, which is bad enough. :pound: I didn't take that blasted test last night. Feel ok, so I'm holding off. It's a shame but I hate to take off of work due to getting behind. LOL

MelodyB

Our services are live streamed and I love love love my church! I knew not one person when I walked in and the opened their hearts to me and become closer than family.

Our YouTube channel is Cornerstone Apostolic if y'all are interested. It's a blue logo with CAC emblem. Check us out!

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Mel (virtually, so there's no cooties)

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 14, 2022, 06:34:40 AM
* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Mel (virtually, so there's no cooties)
Zen hug - the hug she would get, if you were there, if you could hug her, but you're not and you can't.

Zen hugs to my friends who are having a rough time right now.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

PF hugs are nice. Chel hugs are nice. Seth hugs are nice...

I don't want to infect y'all.

I do have to venture out today and pick up my meds at the drive thru Walgreens. My nausea is out of control and I need my Zofran they called in.

MelodyB

Started a new thread.

Took me a minute to remember how.

Wow. That was trippy.

Roscoe

In honor of Sir John-
:bustamove:
:bustamove:

Sure do miss that rascal! ( But not his Christmas countdown):laughhard: