News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

I thought my sister was going to help me tend the fowl but she apparently didn't understand that that was my request and didn't.....so I just went ahead and slowly did it myself...  Good lord.....

And stupid people...ugh....  Some guy called the other day wanted some birds....he named off a few things, was gonna call me yesterday again and come and get some stuff...  Well, he calls me and he was on his way home, and he doesn't know where anything is around here, coming from the direction where it's not straight forward from a highway....  So he was sposed to call me back when he got to a certain intersection and I would give him all the turns and directions....  Never called me.

This evening, he texts, and only says he wants the 10 chickens (roosters) for $3 deal.  Then he texts and says can I meet him so he can find my house?

So while I waited for a minute to regain control of my wishes to tell him his a blue blazing idiot, I called and left a message for Bro. Nelson at Sanders to update him on the sick and afflicted here....which I shall state here in a minute...  Then I text him back after he texts me the same thing again...

And tell him, it's not worth if for me to meet him just for the $3 of stuff.  And, I'm sick currently and don't feel like messing with it at the moment anyhow.  To which he replied, "Ok then."

If I met him someplace where he could find, it would be the intersection mentioned above, and that's about 9 miles away.  Going over there and back would burn me up about maybe $1.70 worth of gas, give or take just as a rough estimate.  Leaving me a big profit of $1.30.  Which would be for my hour of time.  $1.30 an hour...woo!~~~~  :roll:

What I always want to tell these people is, I could knock these birds in the head and throw them in a ditch and come out ahead because then I wouldn't have to feed them and I'd be saving money.  Loons....

Anyways....

The other deal is, my dad is going to go have surgery on the place he had hernia surgery several years ago this Friday now....cause he saw a surgeon in the hall when I was in the Hosp. that told him maybe he could help him....after many times before having told him he didn't think he could.  So he went to him today, and is sposed to have surgery Friday now.

Lord.

I'm just gonna rent out a wing of the hospital and this whole rotten bunch of us is going to move into it for an extended stay.

Mountain Dew

Alrighty now! I am here for a split second. *listens for applause*  :waving:
Delight in the Lord...

Roscoe

Quote from: Mountain Dew on December 29, 2011, 12:20:19 AM
Alrighty now! I am here for a split second. *listens for applause*  :waving:
:clap:  :clap2:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap2:

Now, go check out all you have missed- which is alot!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

I absolutely froze to death with fever this evening....then I absolutely burnt up.....then I flip flopped back and forth.....  Right now, my temp is down and I feel a lot more human. 

MelodyB

*HUGS* Sethiepoo.

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 28, 2011, 07:58:28 PM
Oh my goodness, have you ever had organic grass fed beef?  It practically MELTS in your mouth it is so divine. 

A divine Bovine?

Nice! ;)

I'm watching Livi today. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

myhaloisintheshop

Well....Im fixin to make chocolate gravy for the boys.  Wish me luck...or them.....whatever  :P

mini

Cletus says if Sarbas the one cooking, we need to wish everyone else and the possum you is cooking luck.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

myhaloisintheshop

Cletus doesn't complain a bit about my cooking....lol   There is a reason he's gained weight in 15 years.

Here is the verdict at my house--2 kids are scared to try it.   One kid tried it and said its okay but he likes reg ol gravy better.   One kid is still sleeping so he will chime in later.   Me?   ohhhhh mercy that is some good stuff!  With a side of bacon makes it even better!  It was super simple to make too!

Lynx

Just make sure you don't forget the butter.  Chocolate gravy, even the best homemade chocolate gravy, just isn't the same without a lot of real butter between it and the biscuit.

Morning y'all.  Today looks to be a gadabout day, as Grandma's car is in the shop and this is her day to get her hair done, help with something at the nursing home and shop.  And then we'll probably go to a really good chinese buffet place. 

Good timing on the whole day, as I have been off work all week and haven't gone much of anywhere so far.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Lynx

Hooray!  Without our Cheese who would be so vigilant about locking down new threads?  ^.^
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Chseeads

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on December 28, 2011, 07:13:11 PM
chocolate pudding....hmmm...that sounds interesting.   :hypocrite:

Sarba Ann!  *gasp*

:anon:

The picture on that recipe looks really runny and not as "gravy-like" to me.

myhaloisintheshop

HAHAHAHAHA!   I had forgotten about that!   :laughhard:   

The chocolate gravy I made was thick like the 2nd picture.  Lots of butter too.   :fork:   

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: chelleebelle on December 28, 2011, 10:15:22 PM
Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on December 28, 2011, 07:30:09 PM
I remember eating Chocolate gravy at the OK campgrounds and it was thicker than what this lady makes.    That's why Im going for another recipe in the comments.   

That's a bit of heaven right there!

My own wife...a CHOCOLATE GRAVY LOVER!  BAH!

Chseeads

I just caught up on this thread, as you might be able to tell....

And, I must say, it all sounds nasty to me still having been ill....  Good thing I didn't try to read it all yesterday I probably would have ended up puking. :P

myhaloisintheshop

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ergh. Morning. I see bugs, Mini, and Psalms are stirring up hate and discontent as usual and Cheese is condoning it....

I have been 100 percent lazy during my time off and have slept in every day of it. Think I'm fixing to run to town and get some mushrooms and some stewed tomatoes so I can make herb chicken breast with one of those slow cooker  sauce packs... Now I wonder why that receipe name and ingredients reminded me of Meller Yeller? :biglaugh:

And Sarba, I'm glad the gravy was good for you. Now, when Mini and I stumble through your area in Rusty this spring, we will expect a plate of it- or at least I will. That communist Mini will probably want bean sprouts or some other froo-froo food. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on December 29, 2011, 03:47:24 PM
Some brave soul needs to try the PB gravy recipe.

Thomas would have.

In fact when I read that post, I though of him. :sadbounce:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

I know.  I still have peanut butter chips for cookies that he bought and I think of him every time I see them.

Chseeads

angel

My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)