Main Menu

JD's Fabulous, Indisputably Logical, College Football Rankings - week 7

Started by jdcord, October 18, 2007, 04:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdcord

JD's Fabulous, Indisputably Logical, College Football Rankings
Week 4

1.  South Florida Bulls

Of the undefeated teams, these guys have the best resumé so far this season.  As they say, "speed kills" - and this team has a ton of it.  If they were to play Ohio State next week, my money would be on the Bulls ........... if I were a gambling man, that is.  *cough*

2.  Boston College Eagles

The next best resumé thus far in the season belong to the Eagles, so here they sit .......... for now, at least.  Their next five games are pretty brutal.  Here's how they go:  @ VA Tech (on a Thursday night, no less!), Florida State, @ Maryland, @ Clemson, Miami.  If they can survive that minefield - wait, who am I kidding; if they can survive VA Tech on a Thursday night, in Blacksburg - they would deserve to be #1 in every poll.  A Thursday night game against the Hokies, in Blacksburg, is about the equivalent of a Saturday night game against LSU, in Baton Rouge.  In other words, "Good luck with THAT!", or the more recently popular, "How's that working out for you?".

3.  LSU Tigers

Yeah, I know: they just lost 5 days ago.  ........... So?  Let's be honest here:  they are still the most complete and dominant team in the NCAA - on BOTH sides of the ball.  So in a neutral site game, what team do you really think is gonna beat them?

4.  Kentucky Wildcats

Quality wins against Louisville, Arkansas, and LSU make them worthy of this spot.  But that will probably end after this Saturday, when they host Florida in what is sure to be a "let down" game for them (after last week's thriller).

5.  South Carolina Gamecocks

Steve Spurrier's team is winning with defense!  ...... that's right, DEFENSE.          Scary, isn't it.     :o

* I won't comment on the rest of them, with one notable exception. *

6.  Oklahoma Sooners

7.  Oregon Ducks

8.  Kansas Jayhawks

9.  California Golden Bears

10.  Ohio State Buckeyes 

With every team in the Big ten being suspect this year, the Buckeyes essentially have zero quality wins this season.  So why should they be ranked ahead of teams that have actually played some tough competition?  It's not their fault that their conference stinks, granted - but I still think that a team with speed (especially on defense) would wreak havoc on the Buckeyes .... or any other team from the Big Ten, for that matter.  Unfortunately, since the pollsters seem to all be idiots, it looks like we are faced with the very real likelihood of having to watch that simple truth unfold before us once again, in yet another BCS Championship Game slaughter-fest.      Woo Hoo!  Break out the popcorn.     :roll:

Here's hoping that the Buckeyes somehow manage to lose somewhere between here and there, so that we can be spared that God-awful spectacle.

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

JakeLeonard

At least you don't have LSU......they are starting to become like the Miami Hurricanes.....slowly eroding away