News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning unkind.
No coffee. Zero sugar Coke ain't doing it. I'm dressed up for the second straight day- potential court- and ain't happy. I'm a grump and to make matters worse I'm starving.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Potential court? Like, they can't tell you for sure whether you will even have to show up or not?

I would have a dress shirt, dress coat, tie and dress pants on a hanger in the back room at the office. If you need them, they are there. If you don't need them, you can be comfortable today.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

My boss is back from Africa. Someone please rescue me. I can't handle it. I'm so frustrated.

Haven't heard back on the job interview either. Dying over here.  :'(
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I am here. It's hard to think what to cook all the time. It's even hard to think of something to pick up to eat around here.

Roscoe

Urgh.
Potential court means just that Isaac. Basically, they thought they might need me to testify, so they put me "on standby". Basically if they do need me I gotta drop everything and go. I wore the dress up clothes because they were handy. LOL.
And Fuzz, I feel your pain. I've got a handful of recipes it seems like I cook all the time; they get old. And when you are working all the time, it is hard to want to cook of an evening.
Plugging through the morning, me and Jesus- and a frappe. Got a semi-busy day ahead, and church tonight...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Got a busy day ahead for me too. Work 9-6. Then head straight to church. I'm on ProPresenter duty tonight so I'll be on my feet all service.

Nelle

@Work. It's been a long year and a half... lol. I need a boring week at work to catch up on MY job duties that I already have planned out for work to be done on. I keep having to put out fires for a year and a half... I'm behind.

I also tried to work on church books last evening and got absolutely nowhere. I'm not sure what's wrong.. if it's me or the spreadsheet. I'm hoping to work on it today at lunch on a regular computer since my laptop hates its life and me. lol

Lynx

Nelle: If your laptop was here I would install a new system on it. Sounds like the whole thing needs a reinstall.

Bobby: "Me, Jesus and a frappe" sounds like it should be a hit country song. Wouldn't hear it at church, but probably at a concert. Maybe even a Christian concert.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 09, 2023, 11:34:10 AMBobby: "Me, Jesus and a frappe" sounds like it should be a hit country song. Wouldn't hear it at church, but probably at a concert. Maybe even a Christian concert.
Consider me as the singing artist. I'm ALL about my 7-Brew
In fact- got one this morning since I had to go to Conway to get new tires on my work car.
Bad news: lost my debit card. Good news- the local Colton's has it. LOL.
Got the wheel bearing put on Lou's car. I feel totally validated as it was the one that I had said it was. On the down side, the other side was making some noise too, and all the local parts stores can't get it. The dealership is even back ordered. Fortunately Rock Auto has it so I ordered another from them and will pay to have it installed next week.

MsJennJenn

Worked almost 10 hours yesterday at the office. 
We had our team engagement survey feedback session on the boss. It didnt go well.  :frustrated:

Still nothing about the job. Emailing them this afternoon to follow up.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on March 09, 2023, 11:34:10 AMNelle: If your laptop was here I would install a new system on it. Sounds like the whole thing needs a reinstall.

It for sureeeee needs some tech medical help, haha. I'm hoping to get to a point where we can practically wipe it and start over. I just need to save files over to something else and make sure I have a brief amount of time I can do without it.

@Work. Eating mini corn tacos for lunch w/ sour cream. They need something else than sour cream, but it was a quick grab from the fridge this morning, haha.

Jeremy's car is arriving tomorrow! I'm unsure when we are going to the dealership to give the other half of our lives away yet tho.

Roscoe

Urgh . It's Friday. The moron of a pastor of our church scheduled prayer meeting tonight too. No recliner time.. :laughhard:
 Seriously though...Like a bonehead, Tuesday I left my debit at the local Colton's, as I posted yesterday. Didn't discover it , but when I did Lou turned off the debit card. Our little country bank doesn't give me that capability on the app. So yesterday, I go and pick it up. She supposed to turn it on....
Guess who didn't turn it on, and thereby forced me into fasting my breakfast? :pound: Even, I shall get.....

Nelle

I'm shocked they even give that option! Once they find out ours are not with us they're "We're sending you out a new one.. see it in 7-10 business days." LOL..  Also - NEVER leave them at Wendys overnight! Ours destroys them in the mornings. I found out the hard way one time.. Didn't realize I had left it there until the next day. They just never handed it back to me from the drive-thru and didn't put forth any effort into trying to let me know. (I would've looked someone up on FB.. I'm in there all the time.)

Anywho.. I'm @work.

Backseat Radio

Tis snowing again in Indiana. So looking forward to the weather warming up for the season. Not looking forward to the clock changing this weekend. Thankfully I'm not scheduled to work in the sound booth Sunday.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on March 09, 2023, 06:30:36 PM
Quote from: Lynx on March 09, 2023, 11:34:10 AMNelle: If your laptop was here I would install a new system on it. Sounds like the whole thing needs a reinstall.

It for sureeeee needs some tech medical help, haha. I'm hoping to get to a point where we can practically wipe it and start over. I just need to save files over to something else and make sure I have a brief amount of time I can do without it.

You could install a different system on a flash drive and run on that in the meantime. I have run on such a flash drive system for years. They are pretty easy to install and use, and only cost a flash drive.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

My Capitol One bank lets me "lock" the debit card. If I lose it but then hope to find it lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

My little east tx credit union even lets us lock them on the app.

The Purple Fuzzy

Also, Tia, I'm glad y'all got snow and not us. I'm ready for sunshine and flowers.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 10, 2023, 05:24:03 PMAlso, Tia, I'm glad y'all got snow and not us. I'm ready for sunshine and flowers.

I'm really to put the bicycle and the lawnmower to work

MsJennJenn

Sooooo ready for sunshine and flowers here too. It pourrreddd yesterday. I was supposed to go to this Tulip farm where you can pick your own and buy yesterday with my girlfriend who lives like 10 mins from the farm. But it poured so we didn't get to go.  :'(  :sadbounce:

Suns out and bright today though. Thank goodness. Definitely needed it after my year-end review. Boss made me cry and I told her she made me cry. 80% of my stress is because of her but she's the type of leader who turns her issues back around on our team being the ones at fault instead. I've not gotten the rating she gave me in 5-6 years. So it stunk hard. Super disengaging.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Shew. Been busy. Home visits, then took one to the range and qualified her.
And in sharing- had lunch with two minister friends. One, pastor of the Conway UPC, has asked me to really step out of my comfort zone Monday night, but it may be the open door I've been needing too.
He has, over the last year, gotten in good with the local halfway house- a place that people in prison with nowhere to go parole out to. He started a ministry there, and has baptized several, some have received the holy ghost, and he is sort of their unofficial chaplain, having services there every week. He asked for me to come up Monday night and speak, telling me he knows that I can both guide them from the parole standpoint and from a Godly standpoint. Told me they generally have 20 to 30. I accepted. Then he called back- "Oh, we talked to the facility and when they learned the speaker was a parole officer AND a pastor, they have made it mandatory for everyone in their facility to attend" With fourteen duplexes, each with up to 4 men- I may have 100 or so to speak to. Lord give me words to say.
We DO receive a lot of people from the facility into our county, so there is a chance we will be able to connect with someone and help them which could help our church.

MsJennJenn

Sounds like a good opportunity for you Bobby. You'll have the right words!! You always do!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Personally I'd rather have a big crowd than a small audience when I preach. Individual reactions get lost in the crowd and I can focus on what I'm supposed to say.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

My 10-day vacation is just on the other side of today's work shift. I have almost made it.

I have never looked forward to a vacation as much as this one. I may have pushed it a little bit too far before taking some time off this time. Maybe I should have taken a vacation back in january.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Feeling a bit groggy from the time change. Forgot my tea this morning so I'm going without caffeine for a few hours.  I'm not in the the sound booth this morning so didn't have to get up as early.

One of the ladies in the church that's mom/grandma to about half the church turns 95. Got a surprise party for her this afternoon.