News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Ex 10:1-11

Started by clark thompson, February 01, 2014, 03:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clark thompson

Exodus 10:1-11
King James Version (KJV)

10 And the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him:

2 And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the Lord.

3 And Moses and Aaron came in unto Pharaoh, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, How long wilt thou refuse to humble thyself before me? let my people go, that they may serve me.

4 Else, if thou refuse to let my people go, behold, to morrow will I bring the locusts into thy coast:

5 And they shall cover the face of the earth, that one cannot be able to see the earth: and they shall eat the residue of that which is escaped, which remaineth unto you from the hail, and shall eat every tree which groweth for you out of the field:

6 And they shall fill thy houses, and the houses of all thy servants, and the houses of all the Egyptians; which neither thy fathers, nor thy fathers' fathers have seen, since the day that they were upon the earth unto this day. And he turned himself, and went out from Pharaoh.

7 And Pharaoh's servants said unto him, How long shall this man be a snare unto us? let the men go, that they may serve the Lord their God: knowest thou not yet that Egypt is destroyed?

8 And Moses and Aaron were brought again unto Pharaoh: and he said unto them, Go, serve the Lord your God: but who are they that shall go?

9 And Moses said, We will go with our young and with our old, with our sons and with our daughters, with our flocks and with our herds will we go; for we must hold a feast unto the Lord.

10 And he said unto them, Let the Lord be so with you, as I will let you go, and your little ones: look to it; for evil is before you.

11 Not so: go now ye that are men, and serve the Lord; for that ye did desire. And they were driven out from Pharaoh's presence.

Exodus 10:1-11

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

10 ΒΆ And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his slaves that I might show these my signs among them

2 and that thou may tell in the ears of thy sons and of thy son's sons the things I did in Egypt and my signs which I gave among them and that ye may know that I am the LORD.

3 Then Moses and Aaron came in unto Pharaoh and said unto him, Thus hath the LORD God of the Hebrews said, How long wilt thou refuse to humble thyself before me? Let my people go that they may serve me.

4 For if thou refuse to let my people go, behold, tomorrow I will bring the locusts into thy borders,

5 and they shall cover the face of the earth that one will not be able to see the earth, and they shall eat the residue of that which is escaped, which remains unto you from the hail and shall eat every tree which produces fruit for you out of the field:

6 And they shall fill thy houses and the houses of all thy slaves and the houses of all the Egyptians, which neither thy fathers, nor thy fathers' fathers have seen since the day that they were upon the earth unto this day. And he turned himself and went out from Pharaoh.

7 Then Pharaoh's slaves said unto him, How long shall this man be a snare unto us? Let the men go that they may serve the LORD their God; knowest thou not yet that Egypt is destroyed?

8 And Moses and Aaron were brought again unto Pharaoh; and he said unto them, Go, serve the LORD your God. Who are those that shall go?

9 And Moses replied, We must go with our young and with our old, with our sons and with our daughters, with our sheep and with our cows we must go; for we have a solemn feast unto the LORD.

10 And he said unto them, Even if the LORD be with you, how can I let you go with your little ones; look at the malice which is before your face.

11 It shall not be so: go now ye that are men and serve the LORD; for that is what ye did desire. And they were driven out from Pharaoh's presence.

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)
2000, 2001, 2010 by LIFE SENTENCE Publishing

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Now the Lord is saying He is hardening Pharaoh's heart. We like Pharaoh have a time to do what God asks but after that our chances are gone. God allows things to happen to show His power, people first feared Israel because of the Lord being with them, after they left Egypt but due to their lost so they did not claim the land with this fear.

2 They still did have some of this fear though when Joshua came. People knew as long as Israel was following God then could not be defeated; this explains Balaam's plain of turning them away from God to be able to defeat them. We are not to bring glory to ourselves but bring glory to Him.

3 Pharaoh clearly had a pride issue and viewed himself as one of the gods. God wanted Pharaoh to know that He was the One who had true power and that Israel was His people and not Pharaoh's. Their may come a time where we may have a struggle for wanting to worship the Lord.

4 Locusts eat anything that grows out of the ground. Pharaoh again is prewarned.

5 The locusts what eat whatever remained, this would throw Egypt further into a famine. Every time Egypt tries to rebuild God shows them that without Him they are truly nothing. We can try to do things on our own but their will come a time we know we need Him; this is our opportunity to come to Him.

6 They would not be able to store up food for this happening because the locusts were going to come into their house and perhaps even eat food they have had stored for such times as this. We can prepare for things but we will need Him in the end, so let Him guide us to our preparing.

7 Egypt stills could have rebuilt at this point and they knew it and this is why they wanted Pharaoh to let them go so they could live and survive thru this hard time. Locusts were an attack on the Egyptian god of the crops who they called Seth.

8 Pharaoh listens to his men for once and decides to let His people go. Pharaoh also wonders who will go, the answer was His people would go and not just a few or a group not all. This is the first time Pharaoh even considers letting them go.

9 They all were going. No one should exclude from worshiping the Lord, Pharaoh did not see this and expected maybe their most elect to go. We are so special that He died for us, He made us so we are important to Him.

10 Pharaoh was upset that all were going out, even though it would have been the men working in Egypt and not the kids and women, you think he would be likely to be upset because of the men going. Israel would leave Egypt but because God had told Moses to tell Pharaoh they would go worship and return this would have been the original plan but God knew how Pharaoh would react.

11 Pharaoh refuse to let them go again.
The Lord made a Way.