News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on April 25, 2017, 02:08:11 AMFine.  I'll post.
About time, you slacker.

Was disappointed to find my raise was NOT on this week's paycheck. Hopefully it'll be on next paycheck. Completely spazzed out when I got home to discover that my wife and daughter's dentist visit for cleanings resulted in some other dental work that my wife failed to talk with me about and try to budget for. Sigh. I don't know why I try to get out of debt. Ain't never going to happen. We were just making progress.:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I don't even try anymore. It's all I can do to stay afloat with what I get. Much less pay anyone any extras.

God is the only reason I've lasted this long. He continues to help me and I'm grateful.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

I certainly can't- and don't mean to- complain. We are blessed above and beyond. Our income has  nearly doubled over the last ten years, I suspect, and it's definitely a God thing. It's just disheartening to be making progress on paying off bad decisions (credit cards anyone) then get slapped with a bill that's nearly half the amount of one of the credit cards.
We've always had Lou contribute to her company's stock plan- not as a long term investment, there are other vehicles for that- but just as a "back up savings" for unexpected expenses.  It's been a couple years since we touched it, so there's ample there for the bill. A quick sale and it's paid off, but all I could think when I was executing the sale was "that could've been spending money for the cruise." :pound: The cruise that we don't need to take, that I'm scrimping to afford because SHE deserves it....the cruise that I sincerely hope is not a replica of Titanic. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I check the forum about every other day and every other time from my cell phone [Android through the Google browser] and don't have any problems with it, most days I just don't have much to contribute.

The health insurance company is currently not wanting to pay for the testing dad needs. My guess is they are hoping to avoid it until the cancer spreads and kills him and then they don't have to pay anymore, just from a financial perspective....

I'm just in a super weird place. We too are trying to budget better and it's incredibly frustrating to have to budget in cigarettes for my husband and think he's going to put me in the same place in 20 years as my dad has put my mom.

My boss looks like she will be delayed getting back to Bristol so therefore who knows when my next paycheck will be. I TRIED to get her to sign enough checks so that I could do payroll tomorrow but she INSISTED she would be back in time. We have about $5 to last us until I get a check or Brandon gets paid on Friday.

I'm really trying not to whine, but it would be great to have 1 person in the world [other than Brandon] who would message me and be like 'oh, hey was thinking of you. how are you? want to hang out?' instead of the barrage of 'hey. how's your dad?' and people assuming that is all my life is about right now. Yes, I know he is sick. Yes, I know we have no idea that amount of time we have. Yes, I would LOVE to have someone/anyone care enough to text me for once first. Sheesh.
[this is not directed at any one person in particular and definitely not anyone here. this applies to family, friends, coworkers, church folk, and the like up here. I haven't heard from my supposed best friend in 3 weeks.]

I'm just frustrated with life right now and this is literally the only place I can vent.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Heather, I can't imagine. I'm praying for you! I have no idea what to say, but know that we ALL care so much!

You too, Mel! You've done amazingly with everything life handed you. You handled it all with such grace, much more so than I think I could've found.

I don't post interactions much on here, other than just a general snap of what my life is like that day, but I read all of yours, and I'm invested in how YOU are doing. :)

MsJennJenn

I'm glad to see you posting a bit more Nelle!

I have missed Melbs and Heather posting more frequently though.

And I miss the cheese.

In other news....My momma's having probs with her BP....dr put her on a diff med. :roll:
And my brother and his wife leave end of the week to move to Indiana....probably not helping her stay calm either....

So i sent her flowers today at work. Cus i loves her.

I also saw the Dr this morning for the numbness/tingling/nerve issues in my hand(s). They drew blood, have to see a Neuro to check if it's carpal tunnel or if it's something more with the nerves that go up into my neck. :roll: We'll see what happens.

I need a new mattress too.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

His wife's family is all there. Her Mom has some sort of illness (I forget what) and they've been trying to get them to move up there for a while.

They need it I think. It (my goodness, I failed english vocabulary) s but it's probably for the best. They both really liked the church there when they visited at Christmas time and they're a bit flaky in our church here. Just lots of drama. :roll:

We'll see. :sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Oh man, Heather. I totally understand about the vent place. A lot of times I say things here, just to get it out, knowing (or strongly believing) that folks here won't instantly decide whether I am being Christlike or not. that's one of the reasons I spazz anytime I hear anyone talking about shutting it down. I like my vent place and I go back and re-read a lot of the old posts.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It HAS stormed here today. Bad. So bad, in fact we have cancelled church due to the trees down, ect. The roof of a Dollar General Store about 12 miles northwest of my house is gone, numerous trees are down, and I'm just praying my house is alright....

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, we got rain & some small hail but that's all, thankfully.

Roscoe

Doesn't appear to have any damage here at the house....just a ton of water.

Lynx

So THAT'S why it was thundering and raining last night. We were getting the dregs of your storm. You always shove your bad weather on us. :p

Actually I say "bad" because lots of people don't like storms, but I like heavy weather. Anything except tornadoes, you can keep them. I like to sit on the carport and watch a good ground-pounder.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I've saw reports that they expect us to get another 4 to 7 inches of rain this weekend. If that's the case, we will be in a flood situation for sure. The river is already near flood stage.... And Isaac you can look forward to another deluge....

Nelle

It rained very hard here, but thankfully nothing else crazy. Our basement has a small amount of a stream on the side, and hopefully has a chance to go away before the rains start again.

We are going to Arkansas this weekend to visit my parents. I'm excited!

First I have to get through today and tomorrow at work, and tonight's dentist appointment.

Lynx

Only problem with impending bad weather is that my scaredy cat dog will be hiding on the carport all weekend. Thunder, a car backfiring, a strange dog, just about anything makes him run and hide. Once I squirted some whipped cream into his food bowl, thinking to give him a treat. He immediately split.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Well. I survived a near heart attack today. We had to get some home visits done, and I was riding passenger. Pulled up to one of my sex offenders' house, opened the door and hopped out. I looked down- and 3 INCHES from my right foot was a 6 foot long black snake sunning himself. He raised his head, and I lost mine. Screamed like a girl and climbed on TOP of the car, completely forgetting about the gun on my hip.
On the bright side, my bellering brought the sex offender out to speak to me. The snake fled, and I am scarred for life. I'll call in a nuke before I go back there.
:pound:

And in other news, apparently half my caseload went nuts today. I discovered a couple who have disappeared and ain't living where they suppose to- one was arrested on misdemeanor stuff; another arrested on felony stuff; and one who, according to unsubstantiated reports from an angry estranged wife, is cruising around Tennessee causing havoc. Lord.

The Purple Fuzzy

Went to see Chel today. Helped process green beans we picked from her garden.

Lynx

Well Bobby if he's over here causing havoc he'll be easy to spot. We have a few idiots ourselves, but even they usually have the basic sense to keep their heads down and be peaceable most of the time.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 28, 2017, 11:16:10 AMWell Bobby if he's over here causing havoc he'll be easy to spot. We have a few idiots ourselves, but even they usually have the basic sense to keep their heads down and be peaceable most of the time.
I suspect he is not causing half the trouble he's being accused of, since I have yet to receive a call from local police and they've not ran his license, which tells me there isn't an investigation going on..
 In any case, he is alleged to be in the eastern part of the state.

It's been cloudy all day. I went to the range where I shot a perfect score by their standards with the glock, a perfect score with a much tighter grouping with the Kimber, which is without a doubt the most accurate weapon I've ever owned, and a decent score (well above passing) with the 2 inch revolver, which killed my hand after shooting 50 rounds through it...

Today was busy, to say the least...

MsJennJenn

Busy day.

Did grown up things like water my plants and buy a new mattress.

And ungrown up things like roll around on the floor with the dog and act like the wind was taking me away in the Ashley Furniture parking lot.

Now I'm soaking in the bath with my blue colored water from my Earth Bomb.

Ok bye.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Bad weather just west of us. At least 5 dead. Thankful for protection.

MelodyB

The wind was crazy last evening. We had a cookout at church and about got blowed away.

My manager has decided I don't need whole weekends off anymore. So now I've been working Monday thru Saturday with only Sunday's off... I'm thankful for the extra hours and resulting paycheck, but I'm exhausted! Plus keeping the girls I keep after work three days a week on top of that, and Sunday being the busy day that it is, I don't get any days off.

But God knows and He has kept me this far.

I am also gardening this year. I have pots on my patio with two types tomatoes, a cucumber, a bell pepper, rosemary, some green onions and an aloe plant.

I have seed potatoes ready to plant, but I need to get a proper pot to cut up. Maybe after church today I'll swing by Lowe's and see if I can find one.

Tootles!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?