News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Morning all. Christmas went. Unusually warm day, like 70 degrees here. I will not complain, I much prefer that to snow. I came home from the family get together and put up the Christmas village and decorations. Now to enjoy the rest of my week off...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I thankfully do not have many decorations to put up, but I will have to wait until next week to move them out. I'm leaving tomorrow night to go back to Arkansas since my brother/sis'n'law flew in yesterday. Last Christmas for 2019! lol..

We had a great Christmas. I enjoy buying presents for people! It's always kinda sad when it's all done and over tho. Being off a couple days each week last week, this week, and next week, really make me want to be independently wealthy so that I can just sleep in every day and THEN go be productive hahaha. I'm thankful for my job, even if it's stressful like this morning. I didn't have a sip of drink or a bite of food until about an hour and a half ago. I got there at 8 haha.

Roscoe

I am glad it's over with. Enjoying the time off though...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It was a beautiful day here today. 71*, not at all wintery at the moment.

Roscoe

Definitely not winter-y. But it WAS overcast here today. I will admit if it never got below 65 degrees you would not hear me complain.

Roscoe

:hi: Boy, I thought GP was dead before....
It's drizzled all day here. I got a new lapel mic setup I've been waiting on in, so I ran to the church and tested it out. Looks like it is gonna work. Maybe now 90 year old Sister Reed will be able to hear me and not threaten to beat me for not holding a mic closer to my mouth... she's a mess. I've decided she is life goals. Been in church since she was 16 and has absolutely no filter, nor any desire for a filter. LOL She was discussing with me recently about a couple of our single young ladies- "They ain't got no business whining about not havin' a man. I'm 90 years old and could have a date by dark, and be married in a week if'n I wanted". :laughhard:
Told me the other day that I needed to be brief, she couldn't sit that long. "Ain't no sense in closin' three times, chile. Say your piece, and sit down. "
And she's quick to tell me stories of the churches she's pastored.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Howdy y'all.

Bobby: Maybe Sis. Reed should explain to the girls why she doesn't want a man.

In local news: You know when you've had so much holiday leftovers that you start mixing two leftovers together, just to get something different? The best combination I've found so far out of holiday leftovers this year is french toast + chocolate gravy. Mmmmmmm!

Second best is chili with some cheeseball melted in.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Back @work for two days, then off one, back for two. It'll be sad next week when we don't have another day off for a while. lol..

Roscoe

:hi:. I too, am back at work for two days, then a day off, then two more.... Dragging today. Did not sleep worth a flip last night. Church went decent, but I awoke around midnight and could not get back to sleep. Finally dozed off sometime after 3 this morning and had to get up at 630 for work.... Needless to say, fresh and alert does NOT describe me today.

MsJennJenn

So didn't make it home today from Indiana. Stupid rv roof started coming off. :roll:

We're in Jonesboro Arkansas staying with friends for the night.

Made me think of you Nelle. This is where you're from right?

And roscoe being an Arkansasian too lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

So as long as you're in Arkansas anyway... you're gonna drop in on Bobby, right?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on December 30, 2019, 03:13:25 PMBack @work for two days, then off one, back for two. It'll be sad next week when we don't have another day off for a while. lol..
My w*rk week is not at all affected by holidays this year. I'm already off on Wednesdays.

Which is something of a pity, because New Year's Day at w*rk is always very quiet, very peaceful. Everybody is sleeping off their hangovers. If I had w*rked this Wednesday I could have brought a book or a laptop or something.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Today is New Year's Eve, and you know what THAT means. It's the ONLY day of the year when you can calculate a person's age by his birth year without worrying about an off-by-one error! YAY!

...Also there will probably be parties. Yay for parties!

"Off-by-one error" is not the easiest theme to build a party around, but I have seen worse.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Robbie has been working on an addition to our house. So we can actually have company in the future and have room for it!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 31, 2019, 03:50:36 AMSo didn't make it home today from Indiana. Stupid rv roof started coming off. :roll:

We're in Jonesboro Arkansas staying with friends for the night.

Made me think of you Nelle. This is where you're from right?

And roscoe being an Arkansasian too lol

YES! Who are your friends? lol..

@Work. Rough night. Becoming adult brought new challenges like... food retaliating. I'm not even sure I realized that was reality when I was a wee person. It's irritating. lol..

MsJennJenn

Well our friend is Sherri Dutton. Her parents live here. Idk their names though.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Awwww.. Yes. The Johnson family. :) Her mom babysat me when I was little haha. Jessica and Natalie (Sherri's nieces) were my first best friends!

Roscoe

How sweet. Jenn has invaded Arkansas. Enjoy Paradise, you Philistine, and weep that you aren't staying here. :lol: Unfortunately you are about 3.5 hours aware from my piece of paradise.
Hi, all. Slogging through the day, helped greatly by YouTube music playing in the background. It's that horrible country style gospel that would make many of you barf, and puts me at peace.
Now, if I can just get to the end of the day...

The Purple Fuzzy

Some folks named Dutton practically helped raise my dad. They had a grandson close to my age named Brawn or Braun or something.

MsJennJenn

Sherri Dutton's husbands name is Bron Dutton.

And Bobby I cant get out fast enough lol.

Insurance won't cover the fix. And it costs more to fix it then the rv is worth. :roll:

Dad is trying to rig it to get it home in the morning.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Rolling down the freeway with a jury-rigged RV...

Well if it's what you got, it's what you got. Let us know when y'all plan to start rolling so we can start praying extra hard.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

What a shame. I'd love to have an RV, and enjoy doing work myself.....sounds like it would be a great fixer-upper. But at this time, if it cost ten dollars, Lou would kill me. :lol: And I DO have a few dozen projects ongoing right now, chief among them Sam.
 Made it to day's end. Gonna enjoy having tomorrow off too.

Lynx

My cow*rkers are really letting me down.

My wallet was excited all day yesterday, expecting people to call in "sick" on New Year's Eve. It thought I might be there until late at night. Nope, everybody showed up right on time.

*sigh*

What is it with people these days? Can't rely on anybody any more. They didn't call in "sick" last Halloween either, and my wallet was really looking forward to it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Slept in late today. Not doing anything. Laying around. It's cool outside today. I didn't even cook anything today.