Anyone found any new info on the Sun's magnetic pole shift that is due in 2012?

Started by AmenSister, June 15, 2012, 04:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmenSister

I was watching tv the other night about the solar storms and sun spots.  They were saying that when the poles shift some time this year, it could cause wide spread major power outages that could last for months.  Has anyone else heard this?

I copied and pasted this from a nasa forum. 

NASA predicts a solar pole shift, a polar reversal that will happen in 2012 on the sun. However, this is not unusual for the sun's poles to flip. This happens every 11 years. The last time the sun had a pole reversal was in 2001. The fact that the sun will have a polar shift where the poles literally reverse is a natural occurrence and is nothing to be amazed about. This happens constantly in the sun's cycles. This is not unusual science from NASA. What is unusual are the predictions from NASA about the solar flares, sun storms, solar wind and the solar activity concerning sun spots in 2012. Solar Cycle 24 is a level of maximum solar activity on the sun in 2012.

What has scientists concerned are the effects of solar wind, solar storms, and solar flares on our planet. The effects of solar flares, solar wind, solar storms and sunspots can be devastating on the Earth, and it is being particularly examined concerning 2012. High solar activity and the Earth don't mix well. What has alarmed NASA scientists is that the magnetic field of the Earth is decreasing, and that is the only component that protects the Earth from the sun's harmful rays. Besides the solar effects on the Earth, all communication and technology would be rendered useless as well if the magnetic field were decreased or the poles flip.

Even if solar flares, solar wind, solar storms and sunspots aren't an issue, just the mere rays of the sun and the radiation that would enter the Earth's atmosphere would be enough to kill all plant life and therefore animal and human life in turn if the magnetic field were gone or severely reduced. With the pole flip and pole reversal of the Earth being possible, and anomalies in the magnetic field of the Earth are already present, there is some concern about the magnetic field decreasing and what effect that would have on Earth life.

Those who are in the deep underground bunkers might survive since those have been being set up for over 30 years for maintaining human, animal and plant life in case of an emergency. However, anyone on the surface would die just from the loss of plant life and climate on the Earth. That would happen anyway even if a solar plasma cloud, solar storm, solar wind or solar flare never reached the Earth. The effects would be dire just by the sun's radiation alone. Scientists don't know for sure what will happen, of course, since humanity has never been through one of these cycles before in its known history.

Many people have speculated that this is what is meant when God told Noah in the Bible that he would destroy the Earth by fire instead of flooding the next time he destroys everything, and other speculate that the world being destroyed by fire means nuclear wars will do in humanity. Either way, there is no scientific proof that what the Bible says will come to pass.   THATS WHAT THEY THINK!

However, the sun's recent activity and its natural cycles have scientists concerned for good reason. Movies like Knowing explore the idea of what it would be like if a solar flare, solar storm, solar wind or solar plasma cloud were to cause the end of the world. There are many ways that have been explored in mass consciousness through movies as to all the different ways life on Earth could be destroyed, from asteroids hitting, climate changes, tsunamis and earthquakes, volcanoes, and nuclear war. Of course there had to be a movie about the scientific speculation that a solar storm, solar flare or solar wind could harm the Earth. In light of these movies and scientific explorations of how life on Earth could end in this world, we should realize that life on Earth is truly fragile and it is a miracle that we are here at all! After all the universe is a violent place when celestial events occur.

Lynx

" I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened" - Mark Twain, aka Samuel Clemens

Many people make many predictions about many major catastrophes, but few are right.  It is said that economic pundits have correctly predicted eight of the last two recessions.   :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

AmenSister

That is so True.  But we know that something this catastrophic will happen some day - Of course we cant live our lives worried to death about it.   I was debating on whether I should run out and buy a generator or something. HAHA  :biglaugh:

Lynx

Oh you should do that anyway.  Right handy things to have, those.  Or get one of those heavy duty power inverters for your car. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

AmenSister

ya'll ought to see all the stuff my mom has stocked up.  She's got enough to last her for months!  I'm glad for her, but it looks crazy.
lol   We are barely able to buy enough food to last a week..   :spam:

Melody

I think that's the blessing still yet to be seen of fasting.  Canned stuff from the store is almost more harm than good.  His word says we won't be begging for bread or forsaken. So we aren't going to involuntarily die of starvation.

AmenSister

Yea I just shake my head at my mom.  She is always having to keep all that stash she has stored up in rotation.  I don't know what she's thinking.   Even if something horrible did happen that is suppose to kill off all the humans.. Who would want to stick around for that. LOL   I'd rather be home with Jesus than digging through a can of old nasty beans cause I'm starving.   Some people just don't have much faith it seems.   They are always dwelling on how much worse things are going to get.  Depressing if you hang around them too long.

Scott

We get sun spots and solar flares all the time.  I don't worry about any catastrophic events happening from them.  It is all in God's hands - we just need to stay right.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

AmenSister