News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

David Wilkerson - R.I.P.

Started by onli-one-jehovi, April 28, 2011, 11:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onli-one-jehovi

May 19, 1931 – April 27, 2011

You will always be Dearly Beloved. Thank You.

And the disciples came, and took up the body, and buried it, and went and told Jesus. When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foot out of the cities.

Matthew 14:12,13

David Wilkerson was truly a voice crying in the wilderness, "Make straight the Way of the LORD."  The time has come that we must follow Jesus into the wilderness.

Here is the closing word of encouragement David wrote in his online devotional dated 4/27/2011:

Beloved, God has never failed to act but in goodness and love. When all means
fail-his love prevails. Hold fast to your faith. Stand fast in his Word.
There is no other hope in this world.

-David Wilkerson
Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?

The Cold Water Kid

I had never heard of him until yesterday. I listened to one of his messages on YouTube. I intend to listen to more.

Babs

being he was trinitarian i really didnt see the point of continuing to listen further. to me if you cant get only one God right, i dont care to hear more
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Cold Water Kid

He was? I saw him listed on goodnewscafe.net so I assumed he was apostolic. I should have researched him before listening. Thanks for speaking up Babs; it is the sort of thing I like to know.

Babs

yeah if you look on his site for his church, they are non denominational. not sure why apostolics listen to him so much. seen a lot on fb saying he was a modern day  prophet. but i cant see that if your not even oneness. shrug

My latest blog post.

The Cold Water Kid

I agree with you 100% Babs. I am not trying to be ugly about it, but I do not believe God leaves His prophets in darkness.

Babs

Quote from: The Cold Water Kid on April 29, 2011, 02:57:31 AM
I agree with you 100% Babs. I am not trying to be ugly about it, but I do not believe God leaves His prophets in darkness.

exactly

My latest blog post.

The Cold Water Kid

You know, God is good. When I was writing my initial post I started to call him a "great man of God", but something said "You do not know that for sure... better to stick to what you know." It would have been very painful for me to have said that knowing what I know now; I appreciate the Spirit of the Lord sparing me that pain!

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: The Cold Water Kid on April 29, 2011, 02:18:06 AM
I had never heard of him until yesterday. I listened to one of his messages on YouTube. I intend to listen to more.

Go ahead and listen. I highly recommend "the Call To Anguish".  It will break your heart.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: Babs on April 29, 2011, 02:47:22 AM
yeah if you look on his site for his church, they are non denominational. not sure why apostolics listen to him so much. seen a lot on fb saying he was a modern day  prophet. but i cant see that if your not even oneness. shrug

*Sigh*

That man understood and heard more clearly from the LORD Jesus than a trainload of "Apostolics".

All denominations are divisive. All denominations have members who are in the Body of Christ. There is no such thing as a "pure" denomination. Including the Apostolic one.

I keep hoping people will grow up and mature past such foolish man-made beliefs.

Isa 4:1 - And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, "We will eat our own food and wear our own apparel; Only let us be called by your name, To take away our reproach."

Babs

My latest blog post.

Scott

I've read his writings and several of his books and frankly he was perhaps one of the most conservative ministers I've read - yes for those of you who feel that proclaiming "standards'' is part of Acts 2:39 to 43 he was a man who believed in strict holiness.

The man walked in between waring street gangs and brokered peace and prayed many of them through the the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking with other tongues.

He was Assembly of God, but not all AOG Churches baptize in Titles - yes including the AOG Church that Sarah Palin attended.

He was an anointed speaker, God used him to speak to thousands and millions of people. His minstry started  Teen Challenge an international Christian Based Drug rehab center and homeless shelter.

David Wilkerson was a great man. Was he trinitarian? I am not 100% sure.

From 2008

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/2008/11/you-need-holy-ghost.html

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2008

YOU NEED THE HOLY GHOST
Some have been saved for a number of years, some perhaps a year, and some just months or a few weeks. Being saved from sin is wonderful! Old things fade away—and all things become new. I am so glad you're saved!

But in order to be a good soldier in the service of our Lord Jesus Christ, it's not enough just to be saved. There is much more for you! You need to be baptized with the Holy Ghost!

In Paul's time, some believers didn't even know there was a Holy Ghost. "He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost" (Acts 19:2). These people were saved, but it is clear they were not filled or baptized with the Holy Ghost.

I believe we are saved through the power and ministry of the Holy Ghost. But Scripture tells us that in addition to this, there is also a baptizing, an infilling, a possessing that the Holy Ghost does in us!

Jesus himself did not send his disciples and followers into the world until they were baptized with the Holy Ghost. Certainly his disciples had pure hearts. They had faith to heal the sick, to cast out devils. They had the Word of the Lord and already had been preaching Christ and gaining converts. They were witnesses to his resurrection. What more could there be? They were willing to die for Jesus! Wasn't their love for him enough to send them into the world to do his work?

Beloved, none of that was enough! Clearly, there was more. "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8).

Do you really want the Holy Ghost? Do you want him to fall upon you and baptize you with fire? You have to be convinced this is for you. You must come to the place where you know you are nothing, have nothing and can do nothing without the power and leading of the Holy Ghost.

You must know he is still baptizing, still falling upon believers—possessing their bodies! "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is to unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call" (Acts 2:38–39).

Every hour of every day, multitudes worldwide are being baptized with the Holy Ghost! They have read of this promise in the Bible or have heard it preached. So they have cried out, claiming the promise, and they have been baptized!

The baptism is especially for those living in the last days. "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh.... I will pour out in those days of my Spirit" (Acts 2:17–18). He is yours for the asking: "How much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

God wants you to live and walk in the Spirit. You should not run to find someone else to meet a person's need. You are called to speak the Word of God as the Spirit moves on you, and to lay hands on the sick and cast out devils just as the apostles did. We are all called to be witnesses who are full of the Holy Ghost and power!

------------------------------------------

Most trinitarians ignore Acts 2:38 or gloss over it. He made it part of his teaching.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

taco_harvell

He also wrote several books that are good reads for anyone interested in reaching the world with the Gospel. I have them somewhere in a box and have read them several times. I just wish I could remember the name of them. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

One was "The Cross and the Switchblade"

*Edited because I had a short between my brain and my fingers when I put sword. ;)

Scott

For those who think he is a crack pot trinitarian who cannot tell us anything, listen to this 5.55 minute sound bite from a sermon

http://www.alcohol-drug-rehabilitation.com/repentance-is-our-only-hope-audio-by-david-wilkerson/

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

The Purple Fuzzy

Had to edit my previous post  because I had a short between my brain and my fingers when I put sword. ;)

EricShane

well goodness.. the way some people dislike trinitarians so much, makes me wanna go into Hiding! lol
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Scott

Quote from: EricShane on April 30, 2011, 02:57:44 PM
well goodness.. the way some people dislike trinitarians so much, makes me wanna go into Hiding! lol

Be vewy vewy qwiet, it Twinatawean season! 

The Never Ending Battle

EricShane

Quote from: Scott on April 30, 2011, 06:05:03 PM
Quote from: EricShane on April 30, 2011, 02:57:44 PM

Be vewy vewy qwiet, it Trinitarian season! 

*lol* good one
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Lynx

Knowing what I know of Scott, I would have expected he of all people would catch this one... it's "Twinitawian."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 30, 2011, 11:55:19 PM
Knowing what I know of Scott, I would have expected he of all people would catch this one... it's "Twinitawian."

Scott has only been out of the hospital for about a week and is still very sick.  So next time!   :freaky2:

The Never Ending Battle