News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Baptists in jail in Haiti

Started by rootbeer, February 05, 2010, 02:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootbeer

What do you think about the people who were jailed on a charge of kidnapping for trying to help victims of the earthquake?  I think the US Army should go in there and get them out.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Sis

They may have had good intentions but I think they did wrong.

Melody

Unless more info comes out against them...

On the one hand I can see this being a matter of heart and no brains, taken course in a disaster situation that should = no penalty, or at least leave it at where it is.  I cannot fathem the emotions that come with being there, helping.   :(

On the other hand, with child traffiking really being an issue right now, they should have went through more official ways than doing it how they did.  It would be better for them to be given some punishment, which I believe they have, excessively; then for it to be waved along with others that mimick them.  I think it's good to be scrutinous about it until they are cleared.  But not cruel either.  They need to know that they have to have the upmost integrity and transparency about things, especially as Christians.  God will make a way when it's His will.

Sis

They needed to find out if parents were alive and nearby first. Taking in children until they could be reunited is one thing. Dragging them away from their country before finding out is another.