News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Anti-gay marriage answer 'Cost me my crown'

Started by Sis, April 21, 2009, 12:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

Quote from: Chérie on May 21, 2009, 05:31:22 AM
Quote from: Sis on May 21, 2009, 02:26:09 AM
Most of the time we don't know what others are thinking. We humans like to project our feelings into others and say that's what they think.

so you're projecting on me now...

I'm sorry! Where did I mention you? I believe I said WE humans?

Chérie

yup i saw what you said. but you're assuming that those are my feelings and my motivations and i am projecting them on others. since you said we, i'm guess you really meant you.
religion, tv, and media have powerful effects on the way people see the world. - maynard james keenan

BenJammin

"Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys." ~Anonymous~

"Courage is not the absence of fear; rather the understanding that something else is more important than fear" ~Ambrose Redmoon~

mesipie

how can you chose to support the rights of something that is clearly an ABOMINATION to God....how can u defend rights of homosexuality...
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Sis

Quote from: Chérie on May 21, 2009, 01:51:42 PM
yup i saw what you said. but you're assuming that those are my feelings and my motivations and i am projecting them on others. since you said we, i'm guess you really meant you.

Not playing your little game.

Chérie

Quote from: *mesipie* on May 21, 2009, 04:09:06 PM
how can you chose to support the rights of something that is clearly an ABOMINATION to God....how can u defend rights of homosexuality...

thanks mesipie for proving my point. what is an abomination to God? sin? murder? fornication? adultery? homosexuality? lying? stealing? judgemental attitudes and hypocrisy? i think they are all abominations to God. i have no problem with homosexuality being called a sin, it just amazes me that no one gets up in arms over lying and stealing, or even murder the way they do homosexuality.

how can i support something that is such an abomination? because its not the government's job to legislate morality between consenting adults and what they choose to do . just like its not the governments job to tell you how you should live your life or believe what you believe. the government has no role in the private affairs of its citizens.
religion, tv, and media have powerful effects on the way people see the world. - maynard james keenan

EricShane

a big problem Christian People dont get, is they are Sinners that have been redeemed.. they are No better than anybody else, and the bible clearly states that.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (King James Version)

9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Most Preachers stop there..

11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

BenJammin

I think they get it, I just think they forget sometimes.

Yes, we are sinners saved by grace.  But...that doesn't abolish our obligation to speak out against sin where we see it.  I think everyone involved in this discussion would agree that we are to love the sinner, but hate the sin.
"Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys." ~Anonymous~

"Courage is not the absence of fear; rather the understanding that something else is more important than fear" ~Ambrose Redmoon~

mesipie

Quote from: Chérie on May 21, 2009, 07:54:29 PM

what is an abomination to God? sin? murder? fornication? adultery? homosexuality? lying? stealing? judgemental attitudes and hypocrisy? i think they are all abominations to God. i have no problem with homosexuality being called a sin, it just amazes me that no one gets up in arms over lying and stealing, or even murder the way they do homosexuality.

i do
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Sis

The whole of the country gets up in arms about stealing and murder. But they're saying that homosexuality is ok. That's what people are getting up in arms about. Not only the homosexuality but the world that says there's nothing wrong with it.

EricShane

i for one never have supported gay marriage.. I just dont believe in getting all westboro baptist church about it
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

BenJammin

Westboro is a whole different ball game.  They are the antithesis of the message Jesus preached.

Melody

um... I get upset about murder, etc. too.  Like this abortion dr. that was murdered this week.  It's upsetting!  The man was not right.  He needed not to have been given the the liberty terminate pregnancies.  Maybe should even be a person that should not be allowed to practice any type of medicine.  But in no way shape or form was it anyone's right but God's to take his life.  His time was stolen.  What if he would've eventually repented?! What if he would've gotten saved?!  His life was worth something or God would not have created him. 

and on top of all of that, it only takes an idiot here or there to make anti-abortionists or Christians to look hateful. 

Sis

True! We have been blamed for all the bombings of abortion centers, too.