News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Barack the Overrated One

Started by bishopnl, March 05, 2009, 08:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

I couldn't have said it better, Bishop and Benjamin!

Chérie

I would not be offended if anyone said it period - republican or democrat. I don't think anyone with a sense of decency would joke about that to intentionally disparage that particular group of people. I think we have all at one time or another said something off the cuff that we regretted.

That being said, I didn't particularly find Obama's comment to be funny, and it was an attempted joke that failed. Obviously.

My deal with Bush and his Bushisms had little to do with him being offensive, and more with his way with words.  "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." - That stuff is hysterical. I am sure Obama will have his slip ups too. It happens. Unfortunately, Bush was fodder for the media and comedians alike for his freudian slips and facial expressions.

Gov. Ann Richards said Bush was born with a silver spoon in is mouth, but I am sure it had to have been his foot.

religion, tv, and media have powerful effects on the way people see the world. - maynard james keenan

Stevebert

They found his birth certificate! His real name is Vladimir Erkul! That explains everything.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. Had to work on my feeble post count. They eventually dump lurkers here...)

Sis

:laughat:  Now I see why you're running in your avatar!  :laughhard: