*Gas Passing* gorillas force Brussels sprouts off zoo's Christmas menu

Started by mini, December 18, 2008, 07:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Weird News: *Gas Passing* gorillas force Brussels sprouts off zoo's Christmas menu

ZOO managers have taken Brussels sprouts off the Christmas menu after the vegetable caused an attack of flatulence in their gorillas.

The staff at Chessington Zoo fed the giant apes on the seasonal favourite as they are filled with nutritional goodness. However, they hadn't reckoned with the gassy qualities of the tiny veggies.

Now the zoo has issued an apology after guests at the zoo expressed their horror at the potent smell that started emanating from the gorillas' enclosure.

Gorilla keeper Michael Rozzi said: "We feed the gorillas brussel sprouts during the winter because they are packed with vitamin C and have great nutritional benefits.

"Unfortunately, an embarrassing side effect is that it can cause bouts of flatulence in humans and animals alike.

"However, I don't think any of us were prepared for a smell that strong."

LINK

:laughhard:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

iridiscente

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

The Purple Fuzzy

We have a sales rep that has a problem with this and doesn't mind the world knowing. :yikes:

BeccaBoo

almondjoy

BeccaBoo

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

BeccaBoo

nwlife

Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

The Purple Fuzzy

Ashlee

Chseeads

Don't mash him too hard....it might backfire....so to speak..... :o

iridiscente

BeccaBoo

nwlife

Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!