News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Finally, it's over

Started by dnr1128, November 05, 2008, 06:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Dad

I am not going to worry at all.  My hope is in Jesus Christ.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

MelodyB

Quote from: Charlene on November 06, 2008, 08:58:00 AM
well, I guess we won't have to worry about Palin's skirt...

:spitlaugh:

That made me BOL!!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sis

jdcord

Quote from: Charlene on November 06, 2008, 08:58:00 AM
well, I guess we won't have to worry about Palin's skirt...

:laughhard:

Actually, I heard on the radio today that close to 70% of voting Republicans favor Palin as the PRESIDENTIAL candidate for 2012!!     :o

Fear the skirt!

:biglaugh: 

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

Nelle

haha...

I have to admit. McCain was smoked for me until he chose Palin.. then I saw them more favorably. I'm not exactly sure why, haha.

Melody

I heard someone say and I think I agree, that when McCain chose Palin, even though he himself was not the most conservative, he at least could identify one and choose them.  So he gets credit for at least choosing a real conservative.  She is not perfect, but I think she's smarter than she gets credit for.  I wonder how many presidents before mega-media said dumb things but it didn't get caught and replayed a million times to show every mistake. 

Brother Dad

I would have perfer Palin for president.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Sis

jdcord

:copcar:                                            WARNING!

Let's watch the name-calling and accusations.  No political Party has a monopoly on God.  Remember that, or this this thread will disappear very quickly.  Accordingly, several posts have been removed.

Sincerely,

The Management

Brother Dad

Quote from: jdcord on November 10, 2008, 09:00:47 AM

:copcar:                                            WARNING!

Let's watch the name-calling and accusations.  No political Party has a monopoly on God.  Remember that, or this this thread will disappear very quickly.  Accordingly, several posts have been removed.

Sincerely,

The Management

Ouch someone got their hand slapped.  While I would not call Apostolics idoits for voting for Obama.  I feel it was selfish people all over that sold out what is moral and right because someone promised them a better tomorrow.  When it comes to the pocket book people tent to forget their morals and what is Godly.  We see in the news Obama's first plan is to reverse a moral stand that Bush took.  I can just that creating thousands  of jobs for America.

jdcord

Quote from: Brother Dad on November 10, 2008, 04:07:09 PM
Ouch someone got their hand slapped.  While I would not call Apostolics idoits for voting for Obama.  I feel it was selfish people all over that sold out what is moral and right because someone promised them a better tomorrow.  When it comes to the pocket book people tent to forget their morals and what is Godly.  We see in the news Obama's first plan is to reverse a moral stand that Bush took.  I can just that creating thousands  of jobs for America.

Ok.  I can respect that a lot more than I can the idea that God is a Republican.   *LOL*

Chérie

Wow. So people who voted for Obama have no morals now? Please tell me I'm misinterpreting that.
religion, tv, and media have powerful effects on the way people see the world. - maynard james keenan

Brother Dad

Quote from: jdcord on November 10, 2008, 05:01:15 PM

Ok.  I can respect that a lot more than I can the idea that God is a Republican.   *LOL*
God is no more a political party than he is an organization.  As far as that goes God is a Spirit, he is not a race of people, he does not stereotype.  He is the same to every nation, tongue, race, or any other way we have divided ourselves.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world,

Brother Dad

Quote from: Chérie on November 10, 2008, 05:17:02 PM

Wow. So people who voted for Obama have no morals now? Please tell me I'm misinterpreting that.
yep you miss read me again.  They have morals but their pocketbook was more important. 

Brother Dad

And everybody has some type of morals.  Just some don't really stand by what they know is right when the road starts to get tough.

titushome

I might agree with Bro. Dad's comments, not as saying that anyone who voted for Obama lacks morals, but that some who voted for him did so more for what they hoped to personally gain than for the morals in which they claim to believe.  And possibly that those who so voted tipped the election in Obama's favor.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Brother Dad

Exactly what I meant Brother Titushome.  But if we are keeping up with what Obama's plans are, his first order of business is not to try and find a way to help the poor of this country.

Sis

I ran into this looking for something else!   :laughhard:

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh, my...  starting too early on that kind of stuff.

Sis

I think it was a joke because most of the buttons on that site were Obama pins.

Richard

I didn't vote my pocketbook when voting for Obama.

Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state. -Noam Chomsky

Brother Dad

Quote from: Richard on January 07, 2009, 09:37:59 PM
I didn't vote my pocketbook when voting for Obama.

Don't matter no more.  It is what it is.  Now it is time to just wait and see.  I know my hope and trust was and will still ramian in Jesus Christ.  Not whose in the White House. 

Nelle

I'm lost on the pocketbook bit..

Must've been too long ago that I paid attention to these politics.. haha.

Richard

It was being suggested that some people voted for Obama because it would be financially benificial to them (I am guessing in that big government handout sort of way).

I was stating that I don't plan to see any financial gain from voting for Obama...I chose him because I believed him to be better suited for the task at hand.  As with all things though, the actuality will remain to be seen.

Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state. -Noam Chomsky

Melody

from what I've read and heard, the 2nd bailout is being mostly given to those that don't even pay taxes.   In a shaky ecomonic state and big promises of only raising taxes on the "rich", many people I believe voted for THAT instead of the value of life and morals.  He made such lofty goals...