--5-- Now 6Th Human Foot Washes Ashore in Canada

Started by Newsman, June 17, 2008, 09:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Bizarre.

John
------------------------------
5th human foot washes up on Canada coast By JEREMY HAINSWORTH, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jun 17, 12:05 AM ET

A fifth human foot in a year has washed ashore off the coast of British Columbia, and this time it's a left one.

Police said two people out for a walk spotted the left foot floating in water off Westham Island on Monday morning.

Delta Police Const. Sharlene Brooks said officials are working with the B.C. Coroner's office to see if this foot is linked to any other partial remains recovered in the province.

Westham Island is at the mouth of the Fraser River, about 15 miles south of Vancouver.

"A passerby noticed a shoe floating in the water, pulled it in and notified police," Brooks said. "We're treating it as a criminal investigation."

While the similarities to the other found feet is strong, she said there's no indication this foot is related to the other cases.

"We're certainly not discounting the possibility that this may be linked to the other recovered feet, but it's just too premature and very speculative for us to even entertain that right now," she said.

The last foot was found May 22 on Kirkland Island in the Fraser River, about one mile away from Monday's discovery.

The first in the series was found nearly a year ago on Jedidiah Island in the Strait of Georgia. Within days, another right foot was found inside a man's Reebok sneaker on nearby Gabriola Island. The third was found in the same area, on the east side of Valdez Island in early February.

The origin on any of the remains is still unknown.

"This might take a long time," Brooks said. "This is not CSI." She said in order to identify the foot, other remains from the body or identifying material such as a DNA would be needed. "It's going to be pretty difficult."

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police has said there's no evidence the feet were severed or removed from the victims' legs by force.

Curtis Ebbesmeyer, an oceanographer based in Seattle, Wash., said when a human body is submerged in the ocean, the main parts like arms, legs, hands, feet and the head are usually what come off the body.

He said his theory is that the feet came along as a result of an accident that might have happened up along the Fraser River, that washed down and spread out along the Straight of Georgia.

Ebbesmeyer said when the third foot was found the feet could have drifted from as far as 1,000 miles away. Ebbesmeyer said the feet could have been severed or detached from their bodies on their own.

Sis

All I can say is I'm glad it didn't happen when I was there! Ewwwwwww!

Newsman

It's now six.

John
-----------------
Sixth human foot washes up in Canada Wed Jun 18, 9:19 PM ET

For the sixth time in less than a year, a human foot encased in a running shoe has washed ashore in Canada's Pacific coast province, a witness and police said Wednesday.

A woman on a beach near Campbell River, a fishing town on Vancouver Island, discovered a right foot inside a black Adidas men's running shoe, witness Sandra Malone told AFP.

"You could see the two bones coming up out of the shoe," said Malone, who manages a tourist campground 220 kilometers (137 miles) northwest of Vancouver. "It's just the bone and a lot of seaweed around the ankle," she said.

Since August five right feet and one left foot have been found along the rugged south coast of the province of British Columbia, sparking international speculation about a possible murder mystery, or that they are remains of airplane or boat accident victims.

Scientists say the feet could have drifted dozens or thousands of kilometers because human body parts can remain intact in water for years when protected by shoes or sturdy clothing.

Malone said the woman who found the foot came to her office to call police, then accompanied her to the beach to look at the foot.

Police Sergeant Mike Tresoor told local media the foot was a man's size 10.

Local media speculated that the feet may belong to four men whose bodies vanished after their float-plane crash on Quadra Island, near Campbell River, in February 2005.

But the British Columbia Coroner's Service said DNA tests have not yet matched the profiles of missing people.

Adding to the mystery is that the sixth foot was found hundreds of kilometers north from the site the first five feet were found.

Annie Linteau of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the force's major crime unit is coordinating the investigation with local police.

MelodyB

That is just too weird. How do they speculate that it is 4 guys who dissappeared when it is 5 right feet and 1 left? Wouldnt there just be 4? Unless one of the guys had two RIGHT
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

....feet instead of two left ones like most guys have.

(sorry for the continuing post, I messed up. And I cant edit when I am using the phone)

apsurf

I always start thinking of Jonah and the whale when I hear about this topic..... :smirk2:

MelodyB

And why is that? Jonah wasnt dismembered. He was spit out whole and alive.

apsurf

But if he hadn't repented inside the whale, he might have been lunch....

Chseeads

But then he would've come out as fish poo.  :smirk2:

That is a totally bizzarre story though....yipes.....and yeah, I second my fellow Club Member's motion about 4 men and 5 right feet...

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

I read that the 6th one turned out to be a hoax.  Someone put and animal paw in a shoe with seaweed stuffed around it to hold it in...

MelodyB

Then that means there are only 4 right feet. :o It could be those guys after all :o 

Chseeads

:o

Were the feet all in shoes?  Did the left match one of the rights? 

The Purple Fuzzy

World Traveler

I was going to say this story is unfathomable.... then I remembered that six feet equals a fathom. I guess it is fathomable.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

yosemite

yeah!! i heard no criminal links were reported and couldnt be connected to any crimes nor could it be joined to any accidents!!  LOL
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Ashlee

The Purple Fuzzy

Just saw this update.

First of 5 feet found in Canada is identified

VANCOUVER, British Columbia - One of five feet that have mysteriously washed up on the shores of British Columbia over the past year has been linked to a depressed man who disappeared a year ago, police said Saturday.

Sgt. Pierre Lemaitre said DNA testing helped identify the man. The man's name was not made public at the family's request, he said.

cont.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25751813/&GT1=43001

mesipie

yosemite

Quote from: practicalme on July 20, 2008, 01:44:41 AM
Just saw this update.

First of 5 feet found in Canada is identified

VANCOUVER, British Columbia - One of five feet that have mysteriously washed up on the shores of British Columbia over the past year has been linked to a depressed man who disappeared a year ago, police said Saturday.

Sgt. Pierre Lemaitre said DNA testing helped identify the man. The man's name was not made public at the family's request, he said.

cont.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25751813/&GT1=43001

sounds like we are finally getting a leg up on the investigation!!
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

mesipie

Sis

NessasMama

Well, both of my feet are accounted for!!!!!!!!!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

yosemite

investigaters have recently stated that they would not accept de-feet!! in a joint effort by Sgt. Pierre Lemaitre they have finally got a leg up on the case at hand.
no criminal links were reported and couldnt be connected to any crimes nor could it be joined to any accidents,although following close footsteps of a missing person and dna testing found a person that matched the foot but no name has yet to be revealed. for more bits and peices heres a link. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25751813/&GT1=43001