News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

amazing or at least humorous coast to coast interviews

Started by yosemite, June 13, 2008, 10:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

i missed this show because i didn't and don't believe it was actually happening but sounds good.

C to C

Meet Jesus Christ
Ian Punnett was joined by Jesus Christ, who discussed his life and teachings. Regarding the various interpretations of his time on Earth, Christ said, "there is specificity to who I am, the things I did, the things I said, and a purpose for which I came. And I don't like when people try to mutate that."

Explaining why he is portrayed differently in each of the four Biblical gospels, Christ attributed it to the fact that each book had a different author with their own perception of the events that took place. These different perspectives notwithstanding, Christ said that "they're all right in conjunction with one another. And that's the beauty of the harmony of scripture." He lamented that some people do not read the Bible with that harmony in mind and, instead, "just take what they want and leave what they don't want."

Christ also discussed why much of his teachings were contained in parables, instead of in clearer directions. He said that the reasoning behind this methodology is that "the digging for the treasure is as important as the finding of the treasure and that gets lost a lot." He stressed that while the messages in the parables never change, the context is best understood in the time frame in which they were told. Christ also showed concern that "preachers will get lost in the specificity of the parable and not the spirit of the parable."

In the second half of the interview, Christ answered questions from callers. One topic covered was the significance of 2012 and the apocalypse. He downplayed any potential event, saying that "eschatology is the study of the last things. Study it last. ... People almost rush past the entirety of scripture to get to the end and they don't understand the core of scripture." He, instead, encouraged people to live in "a state of constantly seeking God's will" so that they are prepared for
the End Times, whenever they may come
*************************************************************************************
believe it or not this was the actual show. but it does kinda sound good. in no way do i believe it was actually Jesus.

what are your comments?
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

dnr1128

Many will come in My name, saying "hey there's Jesus" or "He's over here."  Don't believe them, they're full of it.  - the DNR version
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

yosemite

exactly!!  and this is why i missed the show. after reading it i thought it sounded good, although i know it wasnt real, he had a good sounding interview.   -yo
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

dnr1128

There was a show a while back, probably a year or so, where Art interviewed a man who is an advisor to military and intelligence agencies the world over, and he was discussing the war in Iraq, among other things.  In it, he said that the only reason why the US government hasn't showed the world the evidence it has for Saddams connection to 9/11 is that China threatened to dump a couple trillion in US dollars into the market, essentially destroying the US economy.  You heard that show?  I have it if you want it.  Very good.
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

yosemite

yeah!! please. i have heard it and wanted it but i am not as good on computer as some, and i dont know how to do all that.

Scott

I heard a few minutes of the false christ, he made some biblical errors. 
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

yosemite

oh,really !! i figured he'd make a lot of mistakes!! can you remember some of them?

he should not have been trying to imtate Jesus. :pound:

dnr1128

I haven't downloaded that show.  What all did the guy say? 

yosemite

heres one i find interesting!!  coast to coast re-cap for saturday night.

Chinese Impact on Western Culture
Retired British Royal Navy submarine commander and author Gavin Menzies discussed his work chronicling the Chinese discovery of the Americas, and how their technology sparked change in Europe in the 15th century.

Menzies argues that the Chinese discovered the Americas 70 years before Columbus was born and also circumnavigated the globe a century before Magellan was credited with the accomplishment. According to Menzies, Columbus even sailed from Europe with Chinese maps in his possession. "An enormous number of Chinese were in the Americas... before the first Europeans got there," he said.

Menzies provided some evidence in support of his theory. Chinese ships called 'junks' were found by Spanish explorers on the Oregon coast in the 1540s, he explained. Pedro Menéndez de Avilés, the first European to reach the Atlantic coast of Florida, also found Chinese junks when he arrived. Vázquez de Coronado discovered Chinese people already living in the Southwestern region of America when he arrived in the 16th century, Menzies continued. He also said the Chinese brought rice and Indian cotton to America, and took corn from America to China.

Menzies also credits the Chinese with igniting the Renaissance — a 'rebirth' between the 14th and 17th centuries of certain classical ideas and knowledge that had seemingly been lost to Europe. According to Menzies, a Chinese fleet arrived in Florence in the year 1434, bringing with them a massive injection of intellectual ideas, maps, new machines, astronomical treatises, and mathematical calculations. He said his assertion is supported by numerous historical records.
my thoughts maybe they should have planted a flag and not lost their way back!!

its ours now!!hehehehe *evil laugh*

yosemite

now heres a show i had to hear!!

coast to coast re-cap

Prophecy & the Coming Deception

Researcher L.A.Marzulli discussed how a recent string of events validates notions of a coming great deception, as foretold in ancient prophecies. He cited the Myanmar cyclone, the Chinese earthquake, and other natural disasters, along with the Middle East tensions as being indicators that we're living in the time prophesied by Ezekiel, and in the Book of Revelation. Natural disasters are up more than 400% in the last two decades, he noted.

The Book of Revelation writes about a one-world government and religion, as well as the mark of the beast. Marzulli suggested that a terrorist attack involving suitcase nukes might be used as a pretext for people to get microchipped for alleged security reasons (the chip would be the mark that is prophesied).

He believes that a war in the Middle East will be a supernatural trigger, leading to the appearance of huge spaceships (1-3 miles wide) in the skies. The ETs (who are actually fallen angels) will claim to be the progenitors of humankind and religion-- but this is the great Luciferian deception, designed to get everyone united in a one world govt./religion, he detailed.

dnr1128

As Ian Punnett told a guest recently, my "meter" is pegging out. 

yosemite