News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

A Black Columnist on Obama

Started by Sis, May 15, 2008, 05:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

Ken Blackwell - Columnist for the New York Sun

It's an amazing time to be alive in America.  We're in a year of firsts in this presidential election: the first viable woman candidate; the first viable African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first front-running freedom fighter over 70. The next president of America will be a first.

We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge every candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be until we no longer talk about skin color or gender. Now that Barack Obama steps to the front of the Democratic field, we need to stop talking about his race, and start talking about his policies and his politics.

The reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a nominee until August, unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer and deeper look at him. Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's the next George McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton.    Never in my life have I seen a presidential frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his record. Walter Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost. George McGovern promised military weakness, and he lost. Michael Dukakis promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he lost.

Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a beauty pageant..  Mr. Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and blue, to lead the United States of America. But let's look at the more defined strokes of who he is underneath this superficial "beauty."

Start with national security, since the president's most important duties are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong II, who is murdering and starving his people, but emphasized that the nuclear option was off the table against terrorists - something no president has ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons in the 1940s. Even Democrats who have worked in national security condemned all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would put our national security at risk.

Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by Bill Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable so that even people of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to raise taxes on "the rich." How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck.

Finally, look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open a stadium rally by saying, "All praise and glory to God!" but says that Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have "hijacked" - hijacked - Christianity. He is pro-partial birth abortion, and promises to appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule any restriction on it unconstitutional. He espouses the abortion views of Margaret Sanger, one of the early advocates of racial cleansing. His spiritual leaders endorse homosexual marriage, and he is moving in that direction. In Illinois, he refused to vote against a statewide ban - ban - on all handguns in the state. These are radical left, Hollywood, and San Francisco values, not Middle America values.

The real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. Mrs. Clinton is a far tougher opponent. But Mr. Obama could win if people don't start looking behind his veneer and flowery speeches. His vision of "bringing America together" means saying that those who disagree with his agenda for America are hijackers or warmongers. Uniting the country means adopting his liberal agenda and abandoning any conflicting beliefs. 

But right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he is and - yes - they're talking about his race. Those should never be the factors on which we base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's radical agenda sets him far outside the American mainstream, to the left of Mrs. Clinton.

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

yosemite

right on sis!!! i know i should vote, but tell me who is voteing for the right thing anyway. what candidate is worth voteing for? i'm a republican but their isnt one runnig-none that is worth the vote!!  the only good reson to vote for anyone this time is if they'll put their hand on the bible to swear in-obamma wont. he has vowed to use the carran!!!    what are the people thinking? i must agree they are striving for their own ignorance and lusts of the flesh!!        -yo
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

bishopnl

I can't stand Barack Obama, but the bit about him being sworn in on the Qu'ran is not true.  I know that's been circulated on emails for the past year, but as far as I know, the only Congressman ever sworn in on the Qu'ran is Keith Ellison from Minnesota.  Obama was sworn in on the Bible.
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

Sis

:yikes:  You mean they still use the Bible? They haven't thrown it out yet?

bishopnl

Quote from: Sis on May 27, 2008, 06:38:41 PM
:yikes:  You mean they still use the Bible? They haven't thrown it out yet?

Yeah...in some sense, I'd rather he use the Qu'ran.  At least then he wouldn't be lying over a book we all highly revere.  :smirk2:
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

I have not been able to find any credible sources showing where Obama "vowed to use the Quran" to be sworn into the presidency.  And it has been proven to be a complete lie that he was ever sworn into any office using the Quran.
Move along, nothing to see here.

yosemite

ok, it may have been a lie printed some where about him using the kuku ran. what about the american flag pin? that wasnt, and he only started wearing it when his poles began to decline. this makes me think the koo koo ran thing is real, and if he gets the presidencey we will see him on the teley swearing in on the koo koo ran. my point is he is not loyal to the bible nor to the states. he is a double minded man. if you watch close you can see his childish mistakes. he went to church for 20 years and didnt know what the preacher preached?!! come on!! wake up!! he is a racist and an unloyal liar!!

his campain is for change, what can he change without congress. given that congress is mostly democrat maybe a lot, but it wont be for the better. the last biggest thing a democrat done was send our jobs over seas. what will be the next?
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

nicolejoy

Quote from: Sis on May 15, 2008, 05:19:45 PM
For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world.

AHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

lol *snicker*

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: nicolejoy on June 16, 2008, 03:17:30 AM
Quote from: Sis on May 15, 2008, 05:19:45 PM
For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world.

AHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

lol *snicker*
I've experienced the German health care system first hand, as well as the U.S. system.   I think I'm going to have to snicker right along with you.

nicolejoy

I was waiting to get beaten up for snickering - the fish mustn't be biting in this part of the stream!! ;)

BroTrey

our health care is  :flush:

* BroTrey has no insurance
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Sis

The insurance industry was the downfall of our health care system.

yosemite

right on sis, we would have money if it were not for insurance so we quit insurance for a while to get on our feet a little bit. now wouldnt you know mrs. yo gets sick and we cant afford to go see anybody and my company wont let me have my insurance back
untill next year!! we already owe a hospital bill so they wont even see her in ER. she is getting aneemic and considerably ill and no one will see her!! american healthcare? seems like american deathcare to me. yeah the fish are biting in this stream!! at the same time i do not want gov. health care!! just ask a canadian if they like their health care!!  most of them come here if it is major!! gov. just gives you enuff to keep you sick, if at all. :cry2:  oh yeah, keep us in yalls prayers, thanks  -yo.

Sis

Part of the reason medical expenses are so high was insurance charging for things that weren't done. Cheating costs us in the long run.

I remember when you went to the doctor with your five bucks for the office visit and that was it unless there were tests which may have gone up to $20! Insurance companies cheated doctors/hospitals and us all in the same billings.

Insurance companies are calling the medical shots now, too. THEY decide when you go home from surgery, not your doctor. Doctors had tried fighting them about sticking their noses into medical decisions, but eventually lost and gave up.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Our son broke one of his teeth and was in severe pain because of it.   Because it was an emergency, we went to the closest dentist...a local one in our village.   He got us right and and fixed our son right up.  Because we didn't have insurance that covered a German dentist, we had to pay 30 Euros for everything.

yosemite

hmmmm! $30.00 bucks, that aint bad.                       LOL            -yo

Sis

Quote from: yosemite on June 21, 2008, 06:00:49 PM
hmmmm! $30.00 bucks, that aint bad.                       LOL            -yo

= 46.88 US dollars (Euro is stronger than the dollar, which decreases in value every day  :-( )
     -Stevebert, nosing around Sis's account

yosemite

even still if it were fifty bucks for a dentist bill is good!! hi stevebert!! :hi:

Ashlee

I still don't understand the hold Obama seems to have on people.  It's crazy

yosemite

the artical i placed in the news and events under amzing and humorous coast to coast about the great deception goes along the same lines as here. the general public are being deceived and controlled. that in a nutshell is how they are falling to a curupt and un-moral society.( as in voting for obama ) its gonna be a change alright!!

BroTrey

Quote from: teacheroftheLord on June 21, 2008, 07:15:29 PM
I still don't understand the hold Obama seems to have on people.  It's crazy
as is mentioned in every election.... "the anti-christ will be very charismatic and will hold much power over the people"
* BroTrey hadn't seen the quote yet so had to fill the obligatory quato ;)
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

yosemite

*under my breath, "its the organ man"*  ohh, hey bro trey!! how ya doing?  LOL