News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

If a guy talks about other girls... does it mean something?

Started by sunlight, May 11, 2008, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If a guy talks to a girl about some other girl he is potentially interested in, does that mean that he would never consider dating you?

yes- a guy doesnt talk about other girls if he is interested in you
no- he is being honest about his feelings, and could be using it as a sounding board.
no- he only does it to test you or to get your reaction
yes- its a sure sign he is not interested, and trying to let you down easily

sunlight

Quotehe means poof.  written off.  not interested.  when a guy talks about other girls, you may as well say CYA, cuz you're off his list

one of my friends was saying that, and i was refuting her, what do you think?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

I'm thinkin' it's a pretty sure sign you're waaaayyyy off his radar in any romantic sense.

But I guess we should see what the guys say, eh? :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

yeah, thats who's input i'd like to get... :grin: just to see what they say... and if they even think about it like that... lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nerd

QuoteIf a guy talks to a girl about some other girl he is potentially interested in, does that mean that he would never consider dating you?

If he's making it clear he's reeally interested in her, It would be my guess that it's a fair bet he's not considering dating you unless he really has a weird way of getting to the point. I can't really say that couldn't happen, but if it does, he doesn't have a clue anyway and should be treated accordingly. lol

If a girl was trying to chat me up about this guy who hung the moon, I would guess she wasn't looking for me to be anything but a sounding board.

Scott

Or he could just be so comfortable with her that he can talk about anything.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

Kinda depends on the situation and the individual in question.....people are weird, so ya never know. 

Sis

Yeah, depends on what he's saying about her. Is he saying, "Man! She's hot!" Or is he just mentioning her in passing?

As a matter of fact, Stevebert still looks, He might even comment on a girl's looks. It doesn't mean he doesn't love me, it means he's not dead yet.

SippinTea

Quote from: Sis on May 11, 2008, 05:11:33 PM
As a matter of fact, Stevebert still looks, He might even comment on a girl's looks. It doesn't mean he doesn't love me, it means he's not dead yet.

Nicely put. ;)

I guess when I posted earlier I was thinking of a couple specific guys I know. But after thinking of a few other specific guys I know... I don't know. If ya know what I mean...  :biglaugh:

Newsman

Let's not underestimate how much lack of communication may be involved here. If the guy thinks you're not interested in him (if you've told him that or he just picked up the idea somewhere,) then he may well be using you for a sounding board, as he doesn't thnk he has a chance with you

I'm not convinced women don't sometimes  let a guy get the impression they are just friends, but reallly think/want for there to be more...you women confuse me!  :P

If you ever told a guy you just wanted to be friends, and he's bouncing ideas off of you about who he thinks is hot and who's not, it's your own fault if you actually wanted more from him.

John  :waving:

World Traveler

If guys talk about girls, it means they are up to something.

If guys talk to girls, it means there is nothing on TV.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

apsurf

Quote from: Newsman on May 11, 2008, 10:34:02 PM
   Let's not underestimate how much lack of communication may be involved here. If the guy thinks you're not interested in him (if you've told him that or he just picked up the idea somewhere,) then he may well be using you for a sounding board, as he doesn't thnk he has a chance with you

I'm not convinced women don't sometimes  let a guy get the impression they are just friends, but reallly think/want for there to be more...you women confuse me!  :P

If you ever told a guy you just wanted to be friends, and he's bouncing ideas off of you about who he thinks is hot and who's not, it's your own fault if you actually wanted more from him.

Especially if he did pursue ya some after that and you just kept saying you wanted to be friends....Eventually they will move on and see you in a different light, and that the bulb may never get changed.

EricShane

i dont think its a big deal at all... girls read into things to much
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Nerd

QuoteOr he could just be so comfortable with her that he can talk about anything.

That may very well be. It would still seem to me that if he's professing a real romantic interest in another girl to her, that he's probably not interested in her, unless he thinks he's being sneaky and/or clever.

QuoteYeah, depends on what he's saying about her. Is he saying, "Man! She's hot!" Or is he just mentioning her in passing?

Now if he just mentioned the girl, or said she was good-lookin', that's not the same. Like Eric said, she could be reading too much into it.

QuoteIf you ever told a guy you just wanted to be friends, and he's bouncing ideas off of you about who he thinks is hot and who's not, it's your own fault if you actually wanted more from him.

Doggone skippy.  :)

RainbowJingles

:popcorn:

Okay...  What about this one, then.

What if a guy starts telling you specific things he's looking for in a woman.  And you're thinking, "I have that! I AM that!"
It seems a bit awkward to just up and say, "HEY!  I have what you're looking for!"  But you're kind of left wondering if you're just not even on his radar at all... and then you kind of wonder why...
Too old?  Too cold (as in not "hot")?  Too weird?  Too clowny?  :roll:  Who knows?  *shrug*

Something inside me just kind of rejects the notion of screaming out "I...  AM...  THAT...  HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"  -Larryboy

:laughhard:

Girls are confusing?!?!?!  Who said that?!?!?  GUYS are REALLY confusing!

As for the "just friends" thing, I'm not sure about that one anymore at all.  What does "just friends" mean?  And what's so bad about being "just friends" really?  Any relationship that is going to ever go anywhere needs to have a great friendship as its basis.  *shrug*  On the flipside, I would say that if a guy/girl feels like they need to have a "we're just friends" conversation, then usually the relationship "kiss of death" is involved (i.e. you can kiss the "relationship" aspect of the friendship goodbye).  Almost every time a guy has decided to have a "we ARE just friends, aren't we?" conversation with me, it is followed soon thereafter by a profession of strong interest in the girl that he ends up marrying.  :roll:

Are there certain comfort levels that throw a girl so far into a guy's comfort zone that she'll no longer hold an interest for a guy?

I've just kind of resigned myself to the fact that I make a great confidante.  Within one month, I had three guys confide in me about their romantic interests.  I was okay with that, but at the same time, I was like...  Is there anyone out there who is confiding in some poor unfortunate girl about MEEEEE?!?!?!  lol

Great topic, Chel!

RainbowJingles

yes- a guy doesnt talk about other girls if he is interested in you  3 (25%)
no- he is being honest about his feelings, and could be using it as a sounding board.  5 (41.7%)
no- he only does it to test you or to get your reaction  2 (16.7%)
yes- its a sure sign he is not interested, and trying to let you down easily  2 (16.7%)

I'd love to know what percentage of each answers were given my males, and which percentage represents female responses.

SippinTea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on May 12, 2008, 06:54:43 PM
I've just kind of resigned myself to the fact that I make a great confidante.  Within one month, I had three guys confide in me about their romantic interests.  I was okay with that, but at the same time, I was like...  Is there anyone out there who is confiding in some poor unfortunate girl about MEEEEE?!?!?!  lol

:spitlaugh:  I'm afraid I understand that one, too.  *Hugs* Elona

Quote from: RainbowJingles on May 12, 2008, 06:57:32 PM
I'd love to know what percentage of each answers were given my males, and which percentage represents female responses.

Re-count! Re-count!  :demand:

RainbowJingles

*gets out the paddle boat*

I guess we're in the same boat, Ruby.
Care to go for a ride across the (2-foot-deep-so-there's-no-need-to-know-how-to-swim)
lake with me?

Now the west is turning Floridian.  I shoulda known.  She's now met WAY too many o' them thar Florida people, right?

apsurf

Quote from: RainbowJingles on May 12, 2008, 10:07:09 PM
*gets out the paddle boat*

I guess we're in the same boat, Ruby.
Care to go for a ride across the (2-foot-deep-so-there's-no-need-to-know-how-to-swim)
lake with me?

Now the west is turning Floridian.  I shoulda known.  She's now met WAY too many o' them thar Florida people, right?

But even 2 feet can hide a gator!!!

RainbowJingles

*puts an oar in the boat ta beat da gator in da head*

MelodyB

I am LOVING the way this thread is turning out!!

Re-counting!! Thats defnitely a FL thing! Ruby, Ill convert you yet!
Beating GATORS!! :hyper: THAT has a nice ring to it. ;)

And I agree on the confidant thing...be there..doin that. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Ladies,

I'd like to ask your advice about someone...she seems very nice, attractive..great personality..but she doesn't even fish, much less have a bass boat of her own! Should I go ahead and ask her out, or wait for a 'keeper' to come my way in the future?

:laughhard:

World Traveler

Well, consider this, if you were to marry her, would her name look good on your pick-up?
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

SippinTea