News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Keep that stuff on your side of the fence. :pound:
My day was- interesting. Had to deal with one of my offenders having decided it was a good idea to allegedly hold a woman hostage at gunpoint.. that was a ton of paperwork and I still don't know exactly what all they are charging him with. Then a local jail called. A parolee had CAME TO THE JAIL and beat on the door until someone came out, then told the female jailer he was there to eat people because he liked that. She said he "looked at me like I was a (curseword deleted) biscuit!!"
 Plus all of my semi normal people. 
I've got to decide whether or not to take the Covid vaccine tomorrow. Not usually a fan of any kind of flu shot, but this is different. I've had some in my church inquire about it, and I had told them that I was going to take it until I got the mess. Now, they are advising that even if you've had the stuff, you should get the vaccine. As a first responder I have the opportunity to take it...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Lynx

One of your parolees is a cannibal?!

They let you carry a gun on duty, right?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 12, 2021, 02:56:51 PMOne of your parolees is a cannibal?!

They let you carry a gun on duty, right?
They issued one and provide bullets, but I'd carry one even if they didn't. LOL. He was high as a kite. A cannibal would scare him slap to death. Thankfully he was a coworker's problem...
Took the vaccine. Zero side effects all day, but I am kinda tired tonight. I found out I'm old. While quarantined, I, er, found out my recliner's weight limit was a lb less than me. It broked.
So today at lunch, with Lou's blessing I went recliner shopping. I got a honey of a deal on a nice, brown cloth, power recliner, and it's a big man's recliner not one of those 150 lb weakling skinny boy chairs. They delivered it 10 minutes before I got home and I am breaking it in now. I was as excited about it as I used to be about a new Harley.
And in downer news, one of my close friends and fellow Corvette nuts, who was like another pop to me, slipped away this morning. Had a bad heart, beat Covid, but I suspect it's aftereffects got him. I literally cried. The last conversation I had with him was while he was in intensive care a few weeks ago. He'd told me that the Chinese Flu wasn't getting him, but his ole heart couldn't handle much more. Then he told me he loved me and if he had ever had a son, he'd have wanted him to be like me. I cried then- and cry now remembering it.
He was my corvette running buddy, talked many a day about police work since he was a retired cop, talked about God, talked about the Vietnam war and he showed me video from his time there as a medic. In short, my tiny circle of people who tolerate me got alot smaller today. I hope his daughter takes care of his Corvette. He babied it, parked it a mile away from the store to keep people from parking next to it, and prized it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

@Work.

Apparently Wendy's cooks fresh eggs for their sandwiches, because... I just chomped down on a piece of eggshell. LOL.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Not felt great today. Just wore slap out and have a mild headache...ready for quitting time.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Wow. Two days since I posted. That's unusual. I made it through feeling sickly. Slept in today and did a little grocery shopping, and tinkered with Sam a bit. Tomorrow- go see a sick saint, as close as I can, get ready for church.
Not alot going on. Trying to limit  my going places. We are number one per capita in the state, possibly the nation, for Covid cases, per the local news. I wanna hide in a cave.

Lynx

Hiding in a cave sounds good, as long as it has electricity, plumbing and wifi.

Unfortunately I can't find anybody to pay me for hiding in a cave...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not interested in the cave, I need sunlight. :shine:

Hey, Germs.

Ashlee

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Today was tough. My church mother, pastor's wife for over 35 years, whom I loved dearly, passed away just before 1 pm. The family had been called in, and were going to speak with her, and make the decision to turn off the machines. In her sweet way, she took control...while we were in the parking lot, on the way up, she slipped away. I'll always believe it was so her family would not second guess themselves and torture themselves by thinking "What if we had not unhooked her?"
She went with dignity and grace.
We had service tonight anyway. Lots of crying...Bro Wilson came in, and we prayed with him. He told me after the service this was exactly what he needed. Please pray for the family. Thursday will be one of the hardest days in a long time....I'll be preaching the funeral of someone who taught, led and loved me unconditionally. And anyone who has heard me preach knows- I am an emotional wreck. I am not one who can display no emotion....I am invested in it and often cry while preaching. This will be difficult. But it's like I told the church tonight. Someday, when I die, some pastor may say that I "am in the hands of a just God", because they think I am a hot mess. But this one- yeah, you know them by their fruits. She was a tireless saint, who never said a cross word about anyone. There was rejoicing in Heaven today.
And FWIW- I'd say this year stinks. But last year did too. I'll say this season of life is not what I would choose.

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

That's rough. :(

@Work. I took yesterday off to be at home with husband on his day off (and to use a vacation day. 5 more still to take!) but I worked on church books instead of the house. I have this week and next to finish everyone's donation registers so it was time well spent. I still have a few to go and I hope to have them done by Sunday. Coming back to work isn't fun though.

My mom tested positive for COVID a week ago Sunday. I don't know if I posted about that or not. I may have absentmindedly respected her wishes even here where no one knows her anyway, lol. Thankfully none of the rest of us have been showing any signs of it. I would have been out of my quarantine by the time we found out she even was positive. We thought she had a sinus infection again. She had been doing pretty well. Sunday she had some numbness in her face for a few hours and yesterday she developed a fever. Hopefully today she will inform me that she's feeling better. I'm almost too scared not to check in with her 1-2x a day. We all know why. :/

I'm about to drink some Mtn Dew and eat a snack so I can get along with the humans I work with.. lol.

Roscoe

Hope your Mom has a light case. This mess is nothing to play with.
I was off yesterday for the holiday. Went to my old friend's Graveside service, then went home and cooked. Got to sit down and put words on paper for the funeral service Thursday, and about a gazillion things to do. I'm so overloaded at work, right now, I have given up being proactive and I'm just grabbing at things as they pass. LOL

Nelle

We make "hot lists" at work.. things that will surely go aflame if we don't get to them. Everything else is as-needed basis, haha.

Mom still has a fever today, but otherwise seems to be feeling okay. I think fear is getting the best of my dad. He's mad at her for having a fever - which we all know, she can't really help. No one knows where she even got it because they go very little places (especially her!), so it's hilarious to me that he's getting upset with her when he could very well have been the one to give it to her. He wouldn't go get tested, so as far as we know, he's not got it or is asymptomatic. I'm just thankful they're both doing so well considering their risk level.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's funny. It seems men get grouchy when they're scared for you.

Lynx

Maybe. Maybe not. We ain't admitting nothing about caring about nobody. That ain't manly.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

At work. Trying to get caught up. The inauguration plays in the background. I pray for my country....my president, despite my voting or feelings....may God lead the leaders, and may they learn to listen and put Him first.

Lynx

I just went out to track down a rumor about whole, raw milk, from a local farm that has dexter cows and goats. Dexter cows apparently produce milk that is much lower in lactose, on a level with that of goat milk.

I bought a gallon, took it home and promptly boiled it up into boiled custard.

Raw milk... different from store milk, even red-top "whole" milk. It tried like crazy to stick to the bottom of the pot.

Delicious though.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Just realized I haven't been in here since before Christmas. Sorry yall. :sadbounce:

Saw Jeremy's news :( my condolences sir.

I told my Mom all of the elders in the church we left are all same age and they're not gonna be around much longer. It's rough watching them all go cus of rona or underlying conditions.

Works still insane. Even more so now with the covax clinics.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Jenn. I thought you had,like Ruby, Mel, Seth and the rest, forsaken us having loved this present world of social media, ect.

Isaac, I love fresh milk, but I've never heard of that brand of cow.

Morning all. At work for two hours, then off to preach the homegoing service. Praying for his strength, cause mine ain't enough. LOL