News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi: At work. It's cold. I've been busy. I feel about like something on cheese's boots, which seems to be the norm lately. And I am trying to decide wether to refinance for a 15 year note to lock in the major low rates, or tap in to the equity for $15k and build a shop...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 09, 2021, 01:47:52 AMThe first option is the safest...
It is. But, a shop would improve the value of the residence, especially since doing so would also turn the current shop into a 450 square foot bedroom suite, with a small laundry room.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Now all it needs is a kitchenette...

Nah, a hot plate would be MUCH cheaper.

Y'all plan on having guests staying over often?

Also, does this mean plans are officially scrapped for moving to that nice house in town?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work. Ice arrived overnight but the roads seem good. Just had danger on the porch/sidewalks at home and work, haha.

Went to the doctor yesterday. She's setting me up for an echocardiogram and a 'holter' monitor. I am also possibly going to be put on anxiety meds for a bit since it seems to be leaning towards an anxiety/panic issue due to recent stressors. I believe the heart testing is more of a safety measure just to make sure nothing is going on there either. Relieved of course that she didn't immediately send me over to the hospital like it was en emergency, but also still experiencing these same issues. She did comment that many people have been put on them in the past year due to the pandemic. It's scary to me, because I've never had that type of medication before, but.. I also can't live the way I have been the past week and a half. Still praying and believing that God can help me have peace in the situation as well.

Back to non-health things.. I believe there is more weather action and extreme cold temps coming today/tonight again to stay thru the week. We'll see..

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 09, 2021, 12:19:40 PMNow all it needs is a kitchenette...

Nah, a hot plate would be MUCH cheaper.

Y'all plan on having guests staying over often?

Also, does this mean plans are officially scrapped for moving to that nice house in town?

I've been scrapping plans to move to town for a while. My girls just ain't hearing real well. But I told Lou a while back if I actually build a shop, she might as well resign herself, because we won't be moving until I stop and say hi to St Peter as I pull in the driveway....
Quote from: Nelle on February 09, 2021, 02:44:57 PM@Work. Ice arrived overnight but the roads seem good. Just had danger on the porch/sidewalks at home and work, haha.

Went to the doctor yesterday. She's setting me up for an echocardiogram and a 'holter' monitor. I am also possibly going to be put on anxiety meds for a bit since it seems to be leaning towards an anxiety/panic issue due to recent stressors. I believe the heart testing is more of a safety measure just to make sure nothing is going on there either. Relieved of course that she didn't immediately send me over to the hospital like it was en emergency, but also still experiencing these same issues. She did comment that many people have been put on them in the past year due to the pandemic. It's scary to me, because I've never had that type of medication before, but.. I also can't live the way I have been the past week and a half. Still praying and believing that God can help me have peace in the situation as well.

Back to non-health things.. I believe there is more weather action and extreme cold temps coming today/tonight again to stay thru the week. We'll see..
We are supposed to get ice tomorrow and severe wind chills. Not a fan, I want 70 degree temps.
And in regards to anxiety meds- years ago as a kid I was on them and they greatly helped. I've considered going back to the doctor and speaking to him about them recently as anxiety has been a battle I know all too well the last couple of years. I honestly don't know why I have not done so....
I feel like too many Christians look down on medications of that sort and think you should just pray it out. It took me dealing with it personally to realize it's not always spiritual, it can be physical causes that need to be treated.
If nothing else, my  personal battle has made me more compassionate towards people who battle depression, anxiety and even some mental illness. It's real..
And on yet another subject- Second dose of the vaccine tonight. I may have three eyes by tomorrow. If so, I'll have to move to Oklahoma to fit in. :ugly:

Nelle

Yes. I agree about that. It's sometimes necessary. I don't look down upon anyone who has to take medicine for anxiety/depression.

I called the office and requested that she would go ahead on prescribing those meds. She's out of the office today, but hopefully they can get her the note tomorrow (if she goes into work).

Today's been a rough day physically. I'm still having the shortness of breath which nearly panics me worse than I am already apparently. I know I am getting enough oxygen (or at least, I was at my appt yesterday) because my oxygen % was like 99%.  It does somewhat make me feel better about it, BUT.. I can't figure out what I need to do to enable me to breathe normally. I go next week to get that heart ultrasound and the monitor. Then I'll go back to her probably a week after that. Hopefully soon thereafter I can get something figured out if the meds don't help. The thought of having this breathing issue for 2-3 more weeks completely horrifies me. I cannot stand feeling this way.

Backseat Radio

I've been on anxiety meds before and they absolutely helped even when spiritual things were causing the anxiety.  Helped calm my nerves enough to give me a chance to address the spiritual side of it.

Roscoe

:hi: Took the second vaccine shot last night. This time it affected me. Headache, body aches, mild fever. I took off today. Fever is gone, body aches diminishing, but the headache is still present...And we are supposed to get slammed with ice tonight/tomorrow.

Roscoe

Shew. Good thing I was off for the vaccine Wednesday- the propane tank ran empty. If I had not been at home, it would have been too late to get any. As it was, I drug my sick, puny feeling self out and took the tank in Rusty to town and got more propane. It's our back up heat source and I don't wanna be without it in winter weather.
 Got the ice and got the day off yesterday. I needed it. The vaccine effects hung around most of the day yesterday, so I was thankful for the extra day off.
On late hours today- come in at 10 am.
BUT- they are calling for "significant winter weather" this weekend, Sunday through next week, with record breaking lows and anywhere from 6 inches to 2 FEET of snow. In Arkansas. :pound:
 I am NOT amused. You Northerners need to come get your weather, it's drunk and destroying my area.

The Purple Fuzzy

I know, it's crazy. It's supposed to get down to 1* on Monday. Texans aren't set up for that kind of weather.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on February 12, 2021, 03:02:11 PMOn late hours today- come in at 10 am.
BUT- they are calling for "significant winter weather" this weekend, Sunday through next week, with record breaking lows and anywhere from 6 inches to 2 FEET of snow. In Arkansas. :pound:
 I am NOT amused. You Northerners need to come get your weather, it's drunk and destroying my area.

You Southerners can't deal with a bit of snow?

Lynx

Everybody has a hard time dealing with weather more than two standard deviations from local norm.

I plan to stay inside a lot this weekend.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

The south is not set up to deal with cold & snow like the northerners. We don't have the equipment or clothes.

Backseat Radio

My muscles are complaining about me moving photo lab equipment around yesterday to vacuum up dust bunnies

Lynx

Aaaaaaand... church is canceled because a little ice got on a few cars.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

We cancelled too. It's around 15 degrees out and snowflakes the size of quarters coming down. I've gotta find something to upload too. We've still got a heavy band supposed to come through later tonight, too....and again Wednesday. Bah. I want 70 degrees.

Backseat Radio

My part of Indiana is expecting another 6-10 inches of snow by Tuesday night

The Purple Fuzzy

My hands are frozen and I was wearing gloves. You northern folks must have better gloves. I had to go break the ice in all the chickens waterers.

Roscoe

Snow. Cold. Bah. The internet does fine to upload fb live though, thankfully.
Sunday message done... now to relax.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Still snowing here as well. Temps won't get out of the teens today they say. And according to the forecast- tomorrow will be record breaking cold as well, with more snow cranking up tomorrow night or Wednesday. They are saying we could get as much snow out of this next system as we did this first one.  Sooooo... maybe another 10 to 12 inches. :freaky:
I am NOT a fan. I want warm weather!

The Purple Fuzzy

New poem I've discovered.

Noses are red
Fingers are blue
I'm tired of winter
How about you?

Backseat Radio

Snowing in Indiana too. 3 state highways got shut down because of the snow drifts and the snow ain't done yet

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 16, 2021, 01:40:04 AMNew poem I've discovered.

Noses are red
Fingers are blue
I'm tired of winter
How about you?

But... but... we just got started!

This is like winters when I was a kid.  :clap:
"Do you sing at church?"