News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work.

My coworker/friend's dad passed away last night after a battle with COPD/Congestive Heart Failure/Stubbornness. (Not being disrespectful.. he had literally refused to do treatments/medications.)

My dad had been threatening to take my mother to the hospital if she wasn't getting any better. So she called and went back to the doctor. Her only current "symptom" is a low grade fever.. but they found the beginnings of pneumonia. She is now on an antibiotic and the rest of the vitamins/meds she had been on. Hopefully they have caught it early enough that she will get well quickly and avoid the hospital.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work. Really wanted to stay home today. horrible headache. Just want a nap! :( I guess I'll adult on..

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 21, 2021, 02:20:35 PM:hi: Jenn. I thought you had, like Ruby, Mel, Seth and the rest, forsaken us having loved this present world of social media, ect.

I hath not forsaken thee.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
 I feel guilty. I've nearly forsaken GP this week. :sadbounce:
Took it easy today most of the day. Tinkered a bit with Sam's spare fender I've been working on, cleaned up the ham radio room some, but nothing really constructive. Went to Walmart and grocery shopped, now I have dough rising to may Strawberry-cream cheese sweet rolls. Basically cinnamon rolls with the cinnamon and sugar replaced by a strawberry preserve/cream cheese mixture.
 Have a couple thoughts for tomorrow, not sure which way to go..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

They were. Messy but good.
At work. Got an online training to do in the middle of a gazillion scheduled people today....and of course it is one that you have to play each slide while a narrator reads it. Drives me nuts. If they just put the info out there, I can read and could complete this two hour training in about 20 minutes, counting the test, and pass it. Apparently they don't think we can read.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. Not feeling terrific today, but doable. It's pouring down rain here. Stormed through the early morning while I was trying to sleep.. lol.

Mom had two days straight with no fever this weekend. Haven't heard from her yet this morning. Thankful that she seems to be on the mend.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Popping in....Got finished with the class- only to discover I had already done it a year or so ago, and it was only a one time requirement. So that's two hours wasted. LOL
Turned out beautiful here- sunny and upper 60s this afternoon. This morning with all the downpour, I'd have never believed it..

The Purple Fuzzy

Everyone must be busy... or has nothing to say.

Roscoe

Busy. And I am officially amazed. We've had Hughesnet as the only internet game in town. $78 a month for internet only slightly better than dial up. Streaming was a pipe dream.
We had some folks move into the county about 6 months ago. They had money and built their dream house out in the boonies to discover they had no internet. So they did what anyone with money would do- they started their own company.
Today, they came to our house. For about $30 a month more, I now have blazing internet. As  in nearly 50mbps download, 25mbps upload speeds- I think that's right. I can stream anything I want. I'm amazed. I didn't think I'd ever see it here. And it's unlimited.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Where was this when I was quarantined?!?!?
Dear lord...lol

Lynx

Now all you need is a Netflix account and you're all set.

Unless you already have Netflix... in which case how in the world did you use it on a HughesNet connection?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 27, 2021, 10:37:26 AMNow all you need is a Netflix account and you're all set.

Unless you already have Netflix... in which case how in the world did you use it on a HughesNet connection?
I do not have Netflix. Yet. And my next order of business is calling and getting Hughesnet disconnected.

Morning, all. Back at work. Going through cases doing tons of paperwork.

Nelle

@Work. Eating lunch. Mozzarella ravioli w/ olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Yum. I wish I had brought the chicken to eat with.. also yum.

Hubs made pork chops last night in the oven. Used the "Oven Fry" mix for coating. Plus he made some rice and roasted some asparagus. It was DELICIOUS. I ate two of the pork chops. (They're not the huge ones haha.) Hopefully we have leftovers tonight so I won't have to cook. :)

MsJennJenn

This is why I could never live anywhere but the city.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 27, 2021, 07:12:50 PMThis is why I could never live anywhere but the city.
Meh. The advantages to me outweigh the disadvantages. My wife would likely disagree since she has been on a "move Roscoe to town" campaign for the better part of the last two years.
At any rate- I got the good stuff now, so, basically- having my cake and eating it too. :laughhard:
 One more day down. Church tonight...

Nelle

I've lived in the rural areas.. 30-45 min from everything, and now I live 5 minutes from Walmart by a busy 4-way. I want something in the middle.. where I don't have to make huge plans to go to town, but I also don't have to turn my TV up to hear what they're saying due to the traffic noise, hahaha.

@Work. Against my will. Those people I owe money to seem to want money.. so I guess I'll keep coming back, haha.

Roscoe

Morning. Also at work. Also against my will, for the same reasons as Nelle. Tomorrow, I'll do home visits, hopefully.
I plan on doing nothing productive this weekend other than maybe a bit of tinkering with my vehicles.

MsJennJenn

I'm always at work against my will.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It was a sunny day but too cool for my taste. Spring isn't far away.

Lynx

Page 22...

Do we want to start a new thread? Does it matter if this thread runs to 500 pages?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller