News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

It was cold in ok this morning- it was 27- but 34 when we got outside!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

@Work.

Been thinking about the Oklahomaians (<-- that word looks odd) today.

No more holidays/free days off for a while now. Thankful I still have a few days of vacation, which I need to spend at home cleaning up the place. He's talking more and more about selling and moving. He's still obviously wanting to move to Nevada, but I'm still digging my feet in for now. If we do successfully sell our home anytime in the next year or so, I think I'll request that we rent for a while to make sure we don't make any rash decisions.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on January 04, 2021, 08:46:44 PM@Work.

Been thinking about the Oklahomaians (<-- that word looks odd) today.

No more holidays/free days off for a while now. Thankful I still have a few days of vacation, which I need to spend at home cleaning up the place. He's talking more and more about selling and moving. He's still obviously wanting to move to Nevada, but I'm still digging my feet in for now. If we do successfully sell our home anytime in the next year or so, I think I'll request that we rent for a while to make sure we don't make any rash decisions.

Nevada would have to be an improvement over Illinois. At least they don't have car eating road salt. LOL. Of course, Arkansas would be even better.

Yeah, I've been praying for them today...and working my tail off getting caught up. But I have to admit, even as bad as it is, I have amazing coworkers and because of that it was about a third as bad as it should have been...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work again.

There are a lot of perks to NV but also a significant downside. Further from my parents as well as where we want to live.. there's no UPC churches. So.. I'm trying to keep holding him off LOL.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on January 05, 2021, 06:43:28 PM@Work again.

There are a lot of perks to NV but also a significant downside. Further from my parents as well as where we want to live.. there's no UPC churches. So.. I'm trying to keep holding him off LOL.

LOL
No UPC churches at all?!?
 Of course, not being UPC I must point out that UPC isn't the only Apostolic churches out there. You might find a good GIB (Good Independent Brother).
Further from Arkansas is a downside, no doubt.

I spent all morning in a ZOOM meeting for Court. Judge had to get onto one woman for LAYING IN BED while in the meeting. Really?!?!
I'm now tired and heading home in about ten minutes..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

My part of Indiana has lost 2 of the upc churches that was within half-hour driving distance from me.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 05, 2021, 10:23:35 PMI spent all morning in a ZOOM meeting for Court. Judge had to get onto one woman for LAYING IN BED while in the meeting. Really?!?!
How does the judge enforce that? These days it's probable a person would flip him a bird and keep lying in bed. I can't imagine they pause the meeting and send a bailiff around to her house to get her to get up for the court hearing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

In local news, Sis. Jackson died last night. Our family kind of adopted her after her husband died.

She was one the nicest ladies I ever knew. I always gave her a hug whenever I could, because I knew someday she wouldn't be here to hug. So now she's not.

Death stinks, man. People can spout all they want about how death is part of the great "Circle of Life" but that's just rationalizing the inevitable to make it easier to cope with. The truth is death su-cks rotten eggs.

"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on January 05, 2021, 10:23:35 PM
Quote from: Nelle on January 05, 2021, 06:43:28 PM@Work again.

LOL
No UPC churches at all?!?
 Of course, not being UPC I must point out that UPC isn't the only Apostolic churches out there. You might find a good GIB (Good Independent Brother).
Further from Arkansas is a downside, no doubt.

I spent all morning in a ZOOM meeting for Court. Judge had to get onto one woman for LAYING IN BED while in the meeting. Really?!?!

True. I haven't seen any Apostolic or UPC or churches who believe the same as me around that town yet. If he gets any pushier, I'll have to dig a little further lol. They had listed a church but we had someone drive by it to check out if it was shady or not. It looked extremely shady. LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Thanks FuzzBucket.

These last few weeks have been a roller coaster that I HIGHLY recommend that you avoid.

So many people from GP have reached out to me, and I appreciate that.  At some point I was completely overwhelmed by calls and messages.  I tried to get back to everyone, but Im pretty sure I missed someone.

Anyways, if anything broke in my absence, it was Roscoe's fault.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I, as is typical, am totally innocent of anything that Mini tries to lay to my charge, real or imagined. Even if he has video "proof" of my involvement. :hypocrite:
Morning all. Cold. Wet. Not my kinda weather, and I am dragging this morning. Glad it is Thursday. I need the weekend and look forward to re-opening the church.
Quote from: Lynx on January 06, 2021, 12:05:54 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 05, 2021, 10:23:35 PMI spent all morning in a ZOOM meeting for Court. Judge had to get onto one woman for LAYING IN BED while in the meeting. Really?!?!
How does the judge enforce that? These days it's probable a person would flip him a bird and keep lying in bed. I can't imagine they pause the meeting and send a bailiff around to her house to get her to get up for the court hearing.
I imagine had she not responded appropriately, he would have simply kicked her off of the Zoom meeting and issued a no bond warrant for Contempt. This would ensure that eventually, she would be picked up, and locked up until a court date because of her stupidity.

Nelle

@Work. Apparently sometime yesterday during work hours, I developed a neck issue. Unsure exactly how it occurred.. haha.

Ready for the weekend as well. While I enjoyed my visits with family the past two weekends, I'm very much excited about staying at home this one. I know people at church think we've done backslid because I was out of town and he was at work.

I also need a nap.. and lunch. I'll get lunch, but no nap. Pardon while I pout.

Lynx

I hear there was a good game at the Capitol yesterday. Patriots versus Steelers.

Funny thing about this game though, each side claimed they were the Patriots and the others were the Steelers.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

We got a dusting of snow yesterday. Sadly there wasn't enough to be iced in at home like I had hoped, haha.

@Work and very sleepy. Neck/shoulder/upper back pain still very present today, but slightly better than the previous two days.

Backseat Radio

Been a busy day for me.  Went to a funeral this morning to support a close friend who lost his mom. Then went to work only to be faced with a big delivery of freight.

Amuses me how many can't tell an updo from a hair cut. Threw my curls up in a claw clip to keep them out of the way at work and I've  been asked by 2 different people if I cut my hair.

The Purple Fuzzy

They say we may get snow Sunday. That's rare here. We shall see.

Roscoe

:hi: Been too busy to post. The week is behind me. Time for a bit of a rest tonight and tomorrow, then church Sunday. Cold and overcast here. Snow to the north of us- we just got wet.

Roscoe

Got up early this morning and drove Sam to town, got a haircut and a bottle of propane. The guys at the propane place drooled over Sam and a guy at the barber shop tried to buy him. One old guy at the barber shop told me that he'd learned to drive on a five window version of Sam.  Then I came home and got Rusty and went back to town to haul home a bedroom suite for my sister. Kim bought it last weekend, but I couldn't haul it until today. It was old, solid wood and heavy. By the time we got it unloaded I was weak as water. Man, if folks who had major covid battles deal with worse after effects I can't imagine. I had a very mild case, and I am wiped out with the least amount of work.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

My vacation starts in 2 weeks. So looking forward to 9 days off.

Nelle

@Work. Wendy's sausage & swiss on croissant is really tasty, but combined with their breakfast potatoes, my mouth is having a heat wave. Crazy how warm pepper can make things haha.

Slept pretty well last night, amazingly enough. I have around six days of vacation to use before April 9th. I guess I'm going to take my first one next Monday since the husband is off as well. I prefer to use vacation days on Fridays because that's the morning we get to work an hour earlier, haha. I dislike waking up so early.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well we actually got snow! About 4-5 inches. It's pretty & nice when you only get it once every few years. ;)