News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

The north pole can have their weather back. Its a bone chilling 19 degrees right now in Indiana.

Roscoe

Cool today here as well. I went to the shop, painted the inside of one of Sam's doors and his door frame. Just that bit of exercise wore me out for the day. Sitting in the recliner now.  If this is a sample of aftereffects, I'm gonna need every day off I have scheduled. I'm not complaining though. There's a whole lot of people who have had it worse or even died. I'm thankful.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Random thought:

"Wow, a guided tour of Bethesda Studio! I can't believe I'm getting to tour a real video game studio!"

"Wait... is that a STABLE over there?"

"Yes sir, all programmers are entitled to their own horse."

"Uh... okay, that's nice and all, but... wait, is this naptime? Why are there so many flies? Oh no... these are all dead!"

"Sorry sir, there must be some misunderstanding. They aren't dead. This one is Skyrim. And over there is our Fallout horse. And that one..."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes. Please do.
I feel so helpless. So many people I love battling things and struggling through the hardest times of their lives, and I can't do anything but pray for them. Can't go check on them in person, can't take them anything......just pray.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi:
Tomorrow should be our last day of quarantine. I'm going to finally get to sleep in my own bed- the last ten days , the couch has been my sleeping quarters and it ain't comfortable. We still will take it easy- for the next week we will limit any contact with anyone and we've lysole'd the house daily..
Lou still has a bit of cough, clearing of the sinus' and her taste is not back 100 percent, but otherwise she's good. Myself and Chey are good- and slightly stir crazy.

Lynx

Yes, taste... I heard of one guy who was using his taste to check himself.

"ANOTHER cookie?!"

"Yes, well... I heard loss of taste is one of the signs of covid, and I like to screen myself every ten minutes.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It was warm here too..I went outside and painted on Sam a bit. We ran to Russellville and went to Steak and Shake drive-through, just drove around and enjoyed being out of the house.

Nelle

@Work for four days this week, then hopefully back to my parents' house on Thursday night.

Was pulling into my parents' driveway when I saw Jeremy's post. I just sat in the car and cried. We've been praying for the family and church.

Roscoe

I can't imagine his loss. I've cried and prayed alot. Michel was a wonderful, special lady, and the impact she had on those who knew and loved her is immeasurable. I'll never forget when she got her first diagnosis years ago, Lou and I  went over to show our love, support and encouragement. I left and told Lou that I was the one that was encouraged and loved. The trust and faith that she and Jerm have shown throughout this whole battle taught me so much and has left me amazed. Lord, I hope I can be half as faithful in my walk with God as she has shown.

In sharing, I was released from quarantine today- well, yesterday evening. I went to church  for a bit and took care of some things, then puttered around in the '52. Wound up driving by the farm I originally bought him off of, and spoke with the old farmer's son. He was delighted to see "Dad's old truck, look at it purr". Delighted enough that I have made an agreement to drag Sam's big brother, a '52 or '53 2 ton, home too. Lou is totally gonna kill me, but it was cheap and there's alot of good parts there...
And maybe drag another Ford pickup- 51 or 52- home too. Again. Good parts........LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

We are supposed to get a big rain in the next couple of days. I guess we'll find out soon.

Roscoe

It is COLD here. And rainy. They are forecasting up to 6 inches of rain with some of that possibly becoming sleet and ice within the next few days. I'm really not a fan.
Laying here in the recliner, needing to find energy to do SOMETHING constructive, but really not finding it.. Just lazy, to be honest.

Lynx

I still exist. Just nothing to report. This Christmas was the quietest one I've ever seen.

Pretty peaceful though. I would cheer for peace on earth, but that would disturb the peace.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work for the day. Crossing my fingers that they allow us to leave early today, but I won't hold my breath.

Driving to Arkansas after I get off from work. Already have my car loaded for once. Thankfully not as much to take this time as last weekend, but I get to stay a day longer!

Nelle

Quote from: Nelle on December 31, 2020, 03:46:58 PM@Work for the day. Crossing my fingers that they allow us to leave early today, but I won't hold my breath.

Driving to Arkansas after I get off from work. Already have my car loaded for once. Thankfully not as much to take this time as last weekend, but I get to stay a day longer!

I'm getting to leave a little early. :D

mini

Thank you for praying friends.

It's been a tough few days.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Well that rain brought in the cold. Brrr

Backseat Radio

Everything here was covered in ice this morning.

Roscoe

Cool over here too. To the point that I just laid inside today and did nothing. May try to drive bit tomorrow. We were stimulated this morning according to the bank account, so I promptly paid off everything we had outstanding (other than car, ect). Making myself stay clear of sites that have the parts I still lack for Sam....for now.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Slept in a bit this morning. Lou and I drove all over today. We decided that since we can't go to the hospital or church members' houses due to Covid, we'd drive by each house, stop and pray over them. With a small church one can do that. We did, taking pictures of each street, being careful not to include the residences or identifying characteristics to any one but the owners, and posted it on the church page explaining it so our people would know someone cares.
 May be silly, but praying from the recliner, which has been done, just did not feel like enough.
 I know it was nothing material, but I hope my folks see it and realize how much they are loved.
 Several seem to "like" it.

The Purple Fuzzy

Ashlee

I'm quite jealous of all the cold weather you all have been receiving.  The only time I get cold is when I turn the ac down too low. lol 

Our borders are still closed, which means my husband and father in law still can't get medical care.  They are saying that they won't open the borders until 90% of the island is vaccinated.  That is over 40,000 people. At last count they have vaccinated a little over 600 people and are waiting for more vaccines.  Almost 2000 of what they received apparently didn't ship well, so they are still debating on whether or not they are safe to use.  They didn't stay cool enough and were at too high of a temp for about 18 hours.  So...that's about the extent of my life.  Waiting to be freeeeee lol

I'm trying to eat healthier and lose some weight.  We are working hard on intermittent fasting.  So far I keep forgetting to eat and then my time is up so I'm pretty much just hungry all the time.  This better be worth it all one day.  lol

Roscoe

Good morning. At work a bit over an hour early. Got tons to do to get caught up after 17 days off...
Went over last night to Michel's viewing. Hated being there for the event, loved seeing so many people I love. Chel and Robbie, Okie (Mini's sister), Ma and Pa Porter..
Please remember to lift up Mini and the kiddos today, a little extra. It's gonna be one of the hardest days of their life. I wish I could be there for them.