News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Texas:  Fall, where you at?
Fall:  Me & Winter pulling up right now.

Seriously, we'll be back to Summer by next week, probably.

Roscoe

:laughhard:  :laughhard:  You are right.  I need to go home tonight and hopefully mow the yard for the last time this season. It's been difficult for me to get my hide motivated in my outside chores, but they aren't going away. :pound:
Halfway through the day or around that....the clock is moving too slow. How is it that the clock runs like a model T on two cylinders during the work week but like a new 707 hp Hellcat Challenger on the weekends?!?! :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Come mow mine too. It's to my waist. lol I just don't even care.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 14, 2019, 04:41:28 PMCome mow mine too. It's to my waist. lol I just don't even care.
Lord, I'd have a heart attack. Lol. I can't tolerate an unmown yard. My neighbors went most of the summer without mowing theirs and it was a foot high or more. I nearly mowed it myself, it drove me so batty seeing that hot mess.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 14, 2019, 08:54:43 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 14, 2019, 04:41:28 PMCome mow mine too. It's to my waist. lol I just don't even care.
Lord, I'd have a heart attack. Lol. I can't tolerate an unmown yard. My neighbors went most of the summer without mowing theirs and it was a foot high or more. I nearly mowed it myself, it drove me so batty seeing that hot mess.

haha that's mostly just the backyard. It's not the grass that is that high it's a weed.
the front yard barely grows cus it's overwhelmed with pine needles. I have 3 pine trees in my front yard and they're THE WORST.

I'm only one woman. I can only do so much and don't have money to pay someone to do it. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

So, Jenn, did you buy a house or are you renting?

Lynx

The worst? Pine trees are the best! I'd love to have a house with a yard full of pine trees. No mowing FOREVAH!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

I was wondering the same. I think I missed where she moved? I thought she was in an apartment.  I personally don't MIND mowing - as long as it isn't with a push mower, haha.

Here in town, we get warnings and then fines for not mowing our yards. So I make sure Jeremy stays on top of it. Of course, we got him a new mower last year, so he LOVES mowing now. We have a TON of leaves in our yard - and we only have one tiny crabapple tree. It's kinda frustrating sometimes, haha. Thanks, wind!

@work. It's supposed to get into the mid 70s today, but there's rain coming, so.. I'm not sure I'll be too excited about walking to and from my car, LOL. My husband glares so hard when I say that, I'd probably keel over right then if looks could kill.

Roscoe

It's raining here now. :smirk2:

Back at work. Doing mainly paperwork, not a lot of people scheduled...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 14, 2019, 09:51:42 PMSo, Jenn, did you buy a house or are you renting?

Quote from: Nelle on October 15, 2019, 03:14:29 PMI was wondering the same. I think I missed where she moved? I thought she was in an apartment.  I personally don't MIND mowing - as long as it isn't with a push mower, haha.

lol ya'll I moved into a duplex in November of 2017. I'm renting. Landlady is a retired teacher friend of Moms. Got a good deal on rent! ;)

Quote from: Lynx on October 15, 2019, 12:16:07 AMThe worst? Pine trees are the best! I'd love to have a house with a yard full of pine trees. No mowing FOREVAH!

You're weird lol....my yard is BROWN....it's sooooooooooooo ugly.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

You only just now noticed I am weird? And it may be brown, but it is a wonderful brown that smells amazingly like pine and is soft and silent to walk through.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on October 15, 2019, 07:20:42 PMYou only just now noticed I am weird? And it may be brown, but it is a wonderful brown that smells amazingly like pine and is soft and silent to walk through.

Umm no. We must be referring to different trees. Mine do not smell. And they are not soft. They're crunchy and brown...and UGHLY.

:pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I think hers are brown because she's in Texas, and Texas isn't probably as lush as Tennessee could be. Altho I do not pretend to be a tree expert, so I could still be wrong there. :)

Finally almost off @work, haha. I REALLY really really need to work on our 'fall clean-out' tonight. I'll probably fall prey again to a cat in the lap and not be able to move until bedtime. Ferocious napping beasts, they are.

Roscoe

Agree with Nelle. And Tennessee is  inferior to Arkansas. :hypocrite:

:laughhard:  And Nelle, I'm not a cat person, but I have a 2.2 lb Chihuahua that I fall prey to in the same manner. A couple years ago, Chey bought me a fleece lined blue blanket that I use to cover up in my recliner- I'm a blanket person that likes to be covered up even if it's hot out. The MINUTE I unfold it, Daisy comes running all excited and demands to be picked up. She cuddles with me and sacks out, which causes me to sack out. LOL

Lynx

Picked up? She can't hop up in your lap on her own?

That settles it. Cats are DEFINITELY better than dogs. They have built-in elevators.

But yes, being trapped under a tiny animal is a common occurrence.
http://www.breakingcatnews.com/comic/its-fuzzy-blanket-season/

And Nelle, yeah you're probably right. We don't even know what droughts are. We've heard of them, but we always have plenty water here.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I keep on telling him that he needs a real dog like mine, not a thing like he has...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

My baby is all the dog I need. And the chair is way to high for my baby to jump. Her might get hurted.

Shew. Court date today.  I feel worn out again and would love to stay home tonight- but it's church night and given recent events and Bro Wilson's health issues, I am needed there. It probably does me good to be needed. See, if you don't feel necessary, it is easier to talk yourself into a recliner instead of church like you know you should be...

Lynx

But mini, look at your comparative statures. If Bobby had a dog like yours there is no way he could pick it up like you pick yours up. He'd topple over.

He has to settle for something smaller. And tiny dogs are (mostly) little yapping worthless nuisances. What Bobby needs is a cat. Bobby would be able to pick up a cat, and they are much better than tiny dogs.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:pound: Lynx. My baby is not a "little yapping worthless nuisance." She is a beautiful, sweet, loving little companion who is an excellent watch dog that lets nothing get past her. I did not settle, I selected a better fit for my life. And I can't stand a cat. Worthless, self important, evil vermin that walk on cars and scratch paint jobs and couches. Cats are good for one thing- target practice.

Morning all. SO glad I went to church last night. Started out ho-hum, then the power of God fell. Holy Ghost drunk. it was awesome...

mini

But a cat has a certain level of top-notch crazy about it...trust me, I know.

Lynx, you will appreciate this.  We have a cat too.  We got it at about 6 weeks old, and I was terrified that Gracie would hurt it.  After a few weeks of Gracie eyeing it, we let it out of its crate to play, and this German Shepherd was beyond excited.  After 7 months, we are constantly telling the dog "Leave the cat alone!" and we are constantly telling the cat "Leave Gracie alone!"  They play like crazy!

This is a picture of the two.  Gracie had some her toys out, and laying next to the cat is the tail Gracie ripped off one of her toys that the cat claimed.  The fight was on then!  The cat wouldn't let the dog play with it...LOL

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

LOL. I love it.

Tabby (girl, white cat) is super agile. She was probably a ballerina or something in another life. (LOL I'm kidding) She's fairly graceful and never needs help jumping into/onto things. Ted (boy, tiger stripe cat) is allllll thumbs. I've had my legs ripped up numerous times from his attempts to merely jump into the recliner with me. Granted, he's a SUPER long cat and much bigger than his sister. He's also 0% graceful except for when he's jumping around chasing a toy. That part is just cute.    The vet is constantly surprised with how long he is when we pull him out of his carrier at their office. Which I'm glad about, because I don't get lectures about his weight.

@Work. allergies have re-attacked. I also slept most of the night with the heated mattress pad on. I woke up about 4am wondering why I felt like I was cooking tho. Apparently that's the magical time of day where I become 100% uncomfortable no matter what, haha. Bladder wakes me up then, cats wake me up then, my body temperature wakes me up then... I'm just glad Jeremy stays asleep since he has to get up at 5:30, haha.

sunlight

I got to sleep in today! It felt awesome.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

One advantage you have with dogs and cats is, you don't have to see their faces to know what they are up to. Their ears give them away every time. Gracie is obviously plotting a scheme to get that tail back.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Made it through the day. Spent all evening in that most traditional of all Pentecostal activity- Making Peanut Brittle. Our church has made it for 40 years. I hate it as much now as I did then. LOL