By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

Husband is working until around 8:30.. so I am sitting here killing some time at work. I should probably use this time to my advantage work-wise, but I'll just wait.. LOL.

He's getting that root canal tomorrow, so I won't be working tomorrow either.

Have I mentioned how much I love feeling like I've overslept only to realize that daylight savings time ended? LOL..

Heather

I got off work at 5 and was ready to sleep at 6. I miss the sunshine. It definitely has an effect on my mood.

Church yesterday was awesome. It has been such a smooth transition with the Beans stepping into our family. Had a friend pay for my dinner last night so I could go and fellowship with everyone.

Brandon has had trouble come up at school. He took the advice of his grad advisor and now that same advisor has now said due to following his advise, Brandon has lost his TA position for next semester.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Good Morning, all. It's gonna be a good day if I have to wallop someone to make it happen. :lol:
 And my coworker, oblivious to my desire to lose weight, just brought in something that was surely made in heaven, and the Lord subcontracted marketing to the devil, since it showed up here. Pumpkin Pie M&Ms. Oh Lawd, forgive my sin and hold not these pounds against thy servant. :pray:

And the devil also sent York Peppermint Patties, long my other weakness. If he'd thrown in Thin Mints, I'd just curl up in a complete surrender of sugarloaded fat.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Just so you know Bobby, Aldi has thin mints for $0.95 a pack. They are not labeled Thin Mints of course for legal reasons, but they are just as good as the Girl Scout official brand.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I got a chocolate gf baking mix from aldi the other day. I made Chel some brownie cookies with it. They turned out really good. I was surprised since gluten free is usually not that great.

Heather

Quote from: Lynx on November 06, 2018, 09:53:16 AMDid said adviser say "sorry"?

no. and according to Brandon, he has also caused another student to have to take 2 additional semesters as well. i told him they need to go to the head of the department.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

So sleepy. I went to bed around 10:30...I think. Cus I was actually really tired and I just felt bleh. Not sickly bleh, but just bleh. And of course the minute I turn the light out I wake up. I was up until after 1am.

Sigh... :sadbounce:

Maybe I just need to start letting myself fall asleep when I'm actually tired and just leave all the lights on. Cus apparently that's the only way I can actually sleep.

I crawled in bed around 2 yesterday cus I was so tired and and I slept for almost an hour.
But I crawl in bed at night...no sleep.

Why!!!!  :cry2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Heather on November 07, 2018, 01:54:44 AMno. and according to Brandon, he has also caused another student to have to take 2 additional semesters as well. i told him they need to go to the head of the department.
That right there might be the reason the head of the department hasn't done anything about it. The college is getting two extra semesters of classes out of students.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: I've battled computer malfunctions at the office for the last two days. They finally gave me a loaner computer.  So glad I am getting a 3 day weekend this weekend.... I need it.
And finally, after a year of trying, my friend Bro Lawrence, who is in line to be pastor, was able today to sign papers on a very nice used 4 bedroom doublewide. So glad for them!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Hit any key to continue, Bobby, with a ball-peen hammer.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Computer issues are not fun.  And I know Roscoe didn't cause his problems (I talked to him about them), but speaking from experience as an IT guy, computer issues caused by ID10T errors are worse.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

Man, you ain't kidding.

I was scrapping some old computers, and opened one up and found this:

The picture doesn't do it justice.

One guy said, "Your vacuum has a hard drive in it!"
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

LOL. The loaner I got has  a screen the size of a postage stamp, and two of the usb ports say "not today", but I have two screens and it is usable and decently fast, so I won't complain. And a friend at the local jail is going to get me killed. I've been coveting a Class C motorhome for a while. It would enable us to vacation in comfort, with Lou and Chey sleeping as long as they want while I drive, AND we could take the puppers.  Low and behold, the devil of a friend has exactly what I want for sale. And they are VERY accommodating on price and terms...
 On the bright side, if I do get it and Mama puts me in the doghouse, at least it'll be a comfortable doghouse. :lol:

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on November 09, 2018, 03:57:40 PMMan, you ain't kidding.

I was scrapping some old computers, and opened one up and found this:

The picture doesn't do it justice.

One guy said, "Your vacuum has a hard drive in it!"

''The percentage of the dust in your home and office that is actually dead skin cells is approximately 75 to 90 percent.

Dust lately?

Gross, right? According to The Boston Globe, 30,000-40,000 skin cells fall off you per minute, and on average 8.8 pounds of dead skin cells fall off your body per year. Wow.''

Someone there needs lotion!

:hypocrite:  :laughhard:  :waving:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on November 09, 2018, 06:00:13 PMAnd a friend at the local jail is going to get me killed. I've been coveting a Class C motorhome for a while. It would enable us to vacation in comfort, with Lou and Chey sleeping as long as they want while I drive, AND we could take the puppers.  Low and behold, the devil of a friend has exactly what I want for sale. And they are VERY accommodating on price and terms...
 On the bright side, if I do get it and Mama puts me in the doghouse, at least it'll be a comfortable doghouse. :lol:
I want one, too. Maybe someday.
It'd be nice to use when visiting kiddos scattered all over.

Lynx

Mini: If you think that is bad, never open up a desktop computer that came out of the office of a fast food factory. All the grease in the air gets blown through the box, and it builds up dust like you wouldn't want to believe. It's enough to make a nerd cry.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I've had a fun "me" day today. Lou at work, Chey at grandmas... so I loaded rusty up and drug the crooked coach over for mini to play with. It was a great day... until I got home and had to help a friend fix his car in 30 degree weather.

Lynx

Don't talk to me about cold weather. I'm upset about cold weather right now. I can't ride my bike to w*rk and save gas money.

Well... I COULD do that, but it would be very uncomfortable.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I was going to say that you COULD but might not enjoy it.

MsJennJenn

I loathe the cold. As you all know I'm sure from my effortless grin in my ocean profile picture.

I'm currently cozied up in my bed "working" and counting my blessings for being able to work from home.

A dear, dear friend is near meeting the Lord. They could take her off life support today. She's been fighting cancer for several years. I'm very close with her son - since high school. He's backslidden. Both of her boys and husband are. So very burdened today. Have been all week. I think my eyes are cracking at this point. Say a prayer if you think of it for the Villarreal family.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Had a very pleasant visit after church last night with some old friends. Today it is literally freezing. To the north of us a couple counties they actually have snow. I've gotten up and moved the Scotty back under the shed, put Rusty up, topped off Lou's tires which had activated the "low tire pressure " message due to the weather- and that's where my productivity stalled for the day. About 30 minutes worth.
I've only gotten out of my recliner once since then, and that was to get a bowl of Lou's vegetable beef soup. I am not looking forward to work tomorrow.